autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes LK 900E Mille & LH 19E

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin47 View Post
    The Makita’s free spinning mode has proven to be worthless from a correction perspective. If one wants a free float polisher and is budget conscious like yourself, there are much better options out there like the PC24XP or GG6. The 5000C is marginally more powerful than the 3401, the Mille is considerably more powerful so I fully understand the Mille’s price. You only need to hold and use the Mille once compared to its respective competitors to warrant the price difference.
    i'm not budget conscious or cheap, i will pay for any product that is a good one but there are other things i take into consideration which are just as important as the product itself. anyways, some may like that are two modes with makita which is the point i'm trying to make...

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    i'm not budget conscious or cheap, i will pay for any product that is a good one but there are other things i take into consideration which are just as important as the product itself. anyways, some may like that are two modes with makita which is the point i'm trying to make...
    I understand your point of having two modes or two machines in one fully and in theory that would be simply wonderful if both modes actually worked as intended. Reality though is quite different. Have you used the Makita? The free float is basically an orbital only good for maybe spreading wax. The machine would sell alot better if it actually was just gear driven only like the 3401 and the Mille. Its like AIO’s, they can do many things but excel at none. Lets take something simple like a dedicated machine like the GG6 or DAS6 Pro as its labeled everywhere else. Simple design, cheap, yet effective. I personally think the GG6 is the best 8mm polisher there is and if the Makita’s freefloat worked like it, that would have been the most versatile polisher there is.

Post Thanks / Like

I had Mille and sold it. While its a great machine, it doesnt correct as fast as MK2 bigfoots especially with microfiber pads.and.the new Rupes.woolpads.

Im interested of the new rotary but it puts me off that they didnt cover the front end with plastic. My guess is that when you do heavy duty correcting, it will get hot which makes it uncomfortable. Currently i have the Festool Rap 150.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joel1979 View Post
    I had Mille and sold it. While its a great machine, it doesnt correct as fast as MK2 bigfoots especially with microfiber pads.and.the new Rupes.woolpads.

Im interested of the new rotary but it puts me off that they didnt cover the front end with plastic. My guess is that when you do heavy duty correcting, it will get hot which makes it uncomfortable. Currently i have the Festool Rap 150.
    The D handle fits into that area and I find myself using the D handle more often than not.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin47 View Post
    The machine would sell alot better if it actually was just gear driven only like the 3401 and the Mille.
    maybe so, but obviously makita thought different. it will be interesting to see how the new rupes pads will work with the flex if one decides to experiment with them (the new kamikaze wool pads look interesting as well). it will be interesting to see your review on it as well as from others. we've already know of one person (Joel1979) selling it on here already...

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to the two new polisher offerings from Flex at Sema, just hope its not the 3401 with a different plastic cover known as the XCE. Might be a variation of the PE8 mini rotary too who knows.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your feedback thus far. We are excited by the potential of these tools and their matching systems to be industry leaders.

RUPES biggest industry is automotive... by far. We are not a tool manufacturer who happens to make tools, we are directly attached to the automotive market... first as a supplier of tools and parts to the bodyshops in Europe, then to the detailers in the USA. You are our focus, and the reason why we innovate. There is a reason that RUPES - for 70 years - has been The Original with so many finish and refinish products...

First palm sander? RUPES
    First power tool with a plastic body? RUPES
    First electric sander / orbital polisher? RUPES
    First gear-drive/ forced-rotation polisher? RUPES
    First double gear-reduction rotary polisher? RUPES
    First large-orbit single head polishers? RUPES
    First 15mm orbital polisher? RUPES
    First 12mm mini polisher? RUPES
    First key chains that look like a RUPES polisher? RUPES
    The Nano? RUPES

Our growth in the USA has been explosive! We currently do more a month in sales, BY FAR, then we did my first entire year in the USA! We have been forced to build a second factory to keep up with demand. As many of you know, we elected to build that state-of-the-art factory in the USA and it will go on line sometime by this months end (or near).

We also continue to attract and hire some of the biggest and best in our little industry. RUPES is a tool manufacturer who had to become a pad manufacturer, who had to become a compound manufacturer (if you understand the dynamics of large-orbital polishing). We have now built a very powerful infrastructure in Europe and USA and those teams are working together to take our consumable offering from as good as anybodies to maximum awesome.

We are a small, family owned Italian tool company that is dedicated the automotive market, and dedicated to the United States. We will continue to the first to market with amazing tools and tool innovations... and we will continue to back it with world class customer service. We will continue to put on sold-out training events around the USA, European, and Caribbean, sometimes 3 in a weekend, that other companies simply do not have the personal to compete with.

We will remain dedicated to our customers and will always try to improve on our weaknesses. Sorry to steer this thread away from the tools performance, but there were a few floating points thru out the thread that I wanted to address in a respectful way.

Cheers and enjoy your new tools

Post Thanks / Like

Todd what you have described is vertical integration to control quality and protect the the name and image of Rupes, it is an expensive endeavor which means Rupes is concerned with user’s experience; purchase, use, components and the perfection of paint.
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkritsilas View Post
    May I ask how you come to that conclusion? Considering that the XCE has been talked about ONLY, unless you have actually been able to use the Mille and the rumored XCE, this statement is noting more than speculation.

The Makinta PO5000C was supposed to put the XC 3401 into the history books. It was supposed to be much faster at correcting paint, much smoother, and was dual mode (free rotation and geared rotation). When the machine actually arrived, the free rotation mode was found to be not very useful. It was smoother, but it corrected paint only marginally faster. In return, you had a machine that was somewhat faster, but not significantly so (it would take the XC3401 one section pass more to get the same correction), when the pads and compounds were identical, on identical panel surfaces). When it was announced, it spun in the same direction as a rotary; when the polisher actually arrived, it didn't; it spun in the same direction as the XC3401. All this is to say, that what you end up in your hands may not always be what is "said" or :rumored" to be the case, isn't. Having said all of that, please let us all know how you came to the conclusion that a polisher that as of yet, only exists as either a prototype, or in a lab in Germany, will be better or worse than any existing polisher (XC3401, PO500C, Mille, or any other geared rotation polisher)? Or is this just the "its a Rupes, so it is better than everything else" sort of statement?
    Mike is using one here at 8:28.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hQD1cBCm6Ok

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by atgonzales View Post
    Todd what you have described is vertical integration to control quality and protect the the name and image of Rupes, it is an expensive endeavor which means Rupes is concerned with user’s experience; purchase, use, components and the perfection of paint.
    Yessir.. to our knowledge we are the only company in the world that engineers and manufacturers our own motors - both high tech electric and pneumatic as well as the upcoming DC, backing plates (actually a very big deal when it comes to building sanders), pads, compounds, etc.

Not only has the integration allowed for very high levels of quality control (currently less than 1% warranty repair rates - unheard of for power tools) but it also gives us to ability to innovate freely.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast