autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

ONR Pre-Spray Finger Saver and OCD

Took a while to pull the trigger. This Summer I finally added 'Rinseless Washing' to my son and I's arsenal.
    Thought I would share here what I do...

1. If we're look'n just a bit extra Dirty/Dusty, I will rinse it down with the Hose first, then pre-spray, then ONR wash.
    2. If not so bad, I'll pre-spray, then ONR wash.
    3. If looking good, just show it the love with an ONR wash.

Right now I like using a quick shpritz of Optimum Car Wax as the drying aid.
    Must be doing something right. The neighbors are saying "new truck'' ? "looks nice". (bought it used).

Pre-Spray/Finger Saver = Battery OP Garden Sprayer which holds a gallon of ONR @256:1. I braved shortening the wand as it was too long. All work out good. The adjustable nozzle is brass, so don't be a doofus and bang the car with it.

OCD = using Distilled Water when brewing up the ONR.
    When I'm done, I pour remaining solution into a secondary bucket, rinse out solution bucket and Grit Guard,
    then pour solution though my strainer rig back into bucket that has a Gamma Lid and store for next use.
    Those are Paint Strainers . My wife and son work for a Auto Body Shop.

ONR Pre-Spray Finger Saver and OCD-img_20170731_071637_115-jpg
    ONR Pre-Spray Finger Saver and OCD-img_20170919_075948_005-jpg
    ONR Pre-Spray Finger Saver and OCD-img_20170919_080056_524-jpgONR Pre-Spray Finger Saver and OCD-img_20170919_080219_357-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Re: ONR Pre-Spray Finger Saver and OCD

Pretty nice set up.

I was using a garden pump sprayer for awhile, but I really got tired of lugging a gallon in the sprayer and my bucket around while I washed my car, so I ended up going back to just presoaking with a little 16oz spray bottle. Using this was less than ideal because I spend more time presoaking panels than actually washing the dang car, so I was on the lookout for a better solution. I'm just washing an Altima, and I honestly could (and probably should) just mix up half a gallon of solution at a time to wash my car. I always end up with so much wasted product. I've tried throwing a lid on the solution and storing it, but considering I mix with my tap water, after a week or so the solution just smells real funky.

Recently when looking into waterless washes I noticed people using little handheld pump sprayers, like the one here;

BLACKFIRE Chemical Resistant Pressure Sprayer, pump sprayer, pressurized spray bottle

I picked up something similar locally for a little bit cheaper, and it's really been great. It holds about 48oz, so it's not too cumbersome, and when mixing up a gallon (less waste) I can just fill it up with that same solution. A few quick pumps is enough to presoak about half the car pretty liberally. It also has the added benefit of only being about 12" tall, so I can just keep it in my bucket and store it on the shelf out of the way. The garden sprayer didn't really have a dedicated spot, so it ended up just feeling in the way for me.

Depending on how the sprayer holds up, I may grab one and mix up my megs D143 in it, because that's another area I get tired of constantly squeezing my triggers.