autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Boss 6.5" orange pad issue

Quote Originally Posted by kkritsilas View Post
    If you take a pad off, and put it aside, it needs to be washed. While it will cool off, the product (compound, polish, or LSP) will dry out. You don't want to reuse a pad with dried out product, it is a very, very bad idea.

Do a section pass, clean pad (towel, brush, compressed air as appropriate). Do another section pass, and change the pad for a clean one. The first pad goes (preferably with water, or water and pad cleaner) into a separate container/bucket for washing later. Opinions vary, some will say do a panel per pad (which leaves open the question of how many section passes are required per panel), some will say a 2-4 pads for a car. The important thing is that the pads are clean enough to allow the product to work properly, and not caked with product so that you get dusting or micro-marring issues. To a certain extent, it is also dependent on environment (heat/humidity), product (different products will generate more or less clear coat residue, and dry at different rates), and your own technique (pressure on pad, arm speed, how fast you choose to rotate pad, pad choice in term of aggressiveness)
    ThankS for taking the time to reply.

That is what I thought about pads, once off to clean , i didn't think you should reuse when cooled.

That is what I will start doing. I don't understand how people do a whole car with just two -4 pads. I'll need 6-8 and a 91 pathfinder ain't that big haha. I could use two almost on my hood. I just picked up two more So I have 2 white boss and 6 orange and 4 yellow now. This vehicle is really oxidized so I think more is coming off than the regular vehicle . Paint is all haze and matte almost.

I over think things and responses sometimes and ask the smallest questions to make sure I have a full understanding.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Boss 6.5" orange pad issue

Here's a post by Mike Phillips regarding the number of pads per vehicle: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ut-my-car.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12