autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mckees 37 new formula paint coating

They recently tweaked the formula..If its from last year then its old bottle..Newer bottle clearly states Sio2 enhanced..Paint Coating, nano paint sealant, ceramic paint coating, nano paint coating check the picture you will see it says Sio2 enhanced..
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality." - Ayn Ran

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, as NIX stated

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    Well lessons learned. I didn't flush the Pump after I did this review and when I went to go use it again it was clogged and crusted over.

I also forgot to wash my applicator so now that is ruined as there is a thing hard layer stuck to it.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the review. Can you elaborate on your method of cleaning the pump and the applicator pads? I have this issue. It seems to leak around the base after my initial use.
    Also, did you use the McKee's Paint Coat prep? I'm not sure how to apply this paint coat prep after jeweling on very soft black Lexus paint. I used Menzerna 3800 to fine polish to rid of any marring and hazing. I if use foam applicator to prep using paint coat prep, it leaves scratches. I bought a kit (either from autogeek or mckees, forgot) and their foam applicator pad REALLY scratched up my soft paint finish. My method was to spray diluted ipa and very gently wipe off residue w/ meguiars mf and apply Mckee's old paint coat formula using LC foam applicator.
    From the old formula, what I notice is it still stains pretty well from bee poop. but, it comes off like no other. What's your take on minor swirls/scratches and stains so far on this new formula?

Post Thanks / Like

The water behavior of the new formula 37 coating is awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TiredOfPaintStains View Post
    Thanks for the review. Can you elaborate on your method of cleaning the pump and the applicator pads? I have this issue. It seems to leak around the base after my initial use.
    Also, did you use the McKee's Paint Coat prep? I'm not sure how to apply this paint coat prep after jeweling on very soft black Lexus paint. I used Menzerna 3800 to fine polish to rid of any marring and hazing. I if use foam applicator to prep using paint coat prep, it leaves scratches. I bought a kit (either from autogeek or mckees, forgot) and their foam applicator pad REALLY scratched up my soft paint finish. My method was to spray diluted ipa and very gently wipe off residue w/ meguiars mf and apply Mckee's old paint coat formula using LC foam applicator.
    From the old formula, what I notice is it still stains pretty well from bee poop. but, it comes off like no other. What's your take on minor swirls/scratches and stains so far on this new formula?
    So NOW and with my cancoat I just take the pump off and place it in water and give it about 10 or so sprays

I didn't use the McKee's prep polish, I normally use essence or just a wipe down before I apply.

The pads I'm going to start washing right after the same why I wash my pads, blue Dawn, rub and rinse

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12