autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Rubbing compound & heavy durty polish selection

I'm going to order the polishing for manage such heavy swilr mark, oxidation, etc..

i'm now looking at the following items;

• Menzerna Power Gloss Compound S34A
    • 3M Perfect-It ll Rubbing Compound Fine Cut
    • Poorboy's World SSR 3 Heavy Duty Compound
    • Optimum Hyper Compound
    • Meguiars Mirror Glaze #85 Diamond Cut Compound
    this items will be use with UDM, Flex xc3401 (plan to order soon) , CCS pads, Edge pad, and Meguire pad.

I will select only one items first, but dont know which one give the good result with the equipment that i've. (price vs performance)

i need you guys to recommend & suggestion thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rubbing compound & heavy durty polish selection

I've read the Menzerna Power Gloss is some powerful stuff. Not sure about the rest. No experience with any of those though.
    Quote Originally Posted by trhland View Post
    hes the one that asked what kind of sham poop does paul dalton use
    Quote Originally Posted by makdaddy626 View Post
    Klumzy, do you think there would be any of issues if you used "shampoop" + wax? j/k couldn't resist.
    Quote Originally Posted by makdaddy626 View Post
    Might be a perfect time to try out Klumzy's "Shampoop" on carpet.

Post Thanks / Like

Just to clear things up, the only time you will need such a compound is after doing something like wetsanding with 1200 grit sand paper or you happened to encounter a rock hard clear coat from a Chevy Corvette, old Ford Pickup, or the new Mercedes Benz scratch-resistant clear.

With that said, I am 95% sure that the UDM doesn't have enough power to use Meguiar's M85, and remember that M85 is more or less a Wool-pad only compound. I believe that the 3M product is also in the same catagory if I am not mistaken. The other's I can not speak for.

Post Thanks / Like

Power Gloss (POS 34A) PG will remove 1000 grit, cut 5.0 - gloss 1.5, 1500 – 1800 RPM - LC Purple Foamed Wool, Yellow (A hard / dense foam composition (40 PPI) abrasive cutting action) or Orange (mid range, high density foam (60 PPI) medium abrasive cutting action) CCS foam pads

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf-Strong View Post
    Just to clear things up, the only time you will need such a compound is after doing something like wetsanding with 1200 grit sand paper or you happened to encounter a rock hard clear coat from a Chevy Corvette, old Ford Pickup, or the new Mercedes Benz scratch-resistant clear.

With that said, I am 95% sure that the UDM doesn't have enough power to use Meguiar's M85, and remember that M85 is more or less a Wool-pad only compound. I believe that the 3M product is also in the same catagory if I am not mistaken. The other's I can not speak for.

thanks for clearly about compound so if the paint has a heavy swirl mark which polish best to use let's say IP,SIP, or SSR2.5 ? use with ccs orange pad? and then polish them 2 or 3 passes until the swirl mark gone?

sorry i may ask stupid question but i wont buy the thing that the same product line that i had.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    thanks for clearly about compound so if the paint has a heavy swirl mark which polish best to use let's say IP,SIP, or SSR2.5 ? use with ccs orange pad? and then polish them 2 or 3 passes until the swirl mark gone?

sorry i may ask stupid question but i wont buy the thing that the same product line that i had.
    If they are heavy swirls that let's say a IP/SIP can not take out with a cutting pad, then you may want to try a wool pad. If that still is not enough, then you would try something like Powergloss or M85 with a wool pad. You may be working on a hard clear coat, but the only way to find out is just to keep working on it.

Post Thanks / Like

I have used that 3M product before with a rotary and wool pad with fair results . But after using it you will need to come back with a finer polish to finish up .
    Mike Williamson
    1971 Buick GSX Stage 1
    1967 Buick GS 400

Post Thanks / Like

Best compound available now is 3M 3000 Extra Cut via a wool pad on a rotary - then get the SIP or IP out and finish up with 3M UltrafinaSE with the 3M blue pad. And I'd get a Makita or Dewalt instead of a Flex, they're less money, and can do more correction. This is my opinion, of course, not looking to get into a whizzing match with anyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for everyone to share & suggestions, I decided buy a einszett 1z intensive paste, the price is cheapper than the other, this compound may not use often hopefully it work well.