autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How long did it take you and how well did it start off?

Quote Originally Posted by DETAILROOKIE View Post
    How are you marketing and attracting customers? I am doing my business part time and I have been partnering with local mechanics shops around town and they have kept me busy with referrals. I am also setting up a car show with a new local restaurant so we can get our names out there. Most recenlty, I started asking my doctors and dentists, during my own appointment, if they were interested. Ive landed my doctor, but still working on my dentist.

Over all, like in any business, there will be slow times. Dont get discouraged!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Autogeekonline mobile app

Well I have been on google Adwords and Bing ads for awhile now. Just recently started with Facebook boosted posts .. which did really good on getting people to comment, but no much else. Just getting into Facebook ads as it has more targeting, Just set up a slide show today to see how that works.

Other than that I have like one place I have put a business cards. I have a flier that I made that I could print out but not real sure where I would put them. I havent thought about mechanics yet though I might have to see if any will let me put business cards there.

Right now the slideshow i made has this text

The Areas Best Professional Auto Detailing Service. From High End Cars To Daily Drivers, From Interior Deep Cleaned to Paint Correction, We Can Do It. Protect Your Investment And Retain It's Value. When Quality Matters, Choose The Best.

Comment Or Message Us Now For Your Free Quote! We Look Forward To Helping You Out.

I am trying to decide what to change in it ... something doesnt seem quite right with it to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RMarkJr View Post
    Well I have been on google Adwords and Bing ads for awhile now. Just recently started with Facebook boosted posts .. which did really good on getting people to comment, but no much else. Just getting into Facebook ads as it has more targeting, Just set up a slide show today to see how that works.

Other than that I have like one place I have put a business cards. I have a flier that I made that I could print out but not real sure where I would put them. I havent thought about mechanics yet though I might have to see if any will let me put business cards there.
    What is your business called? I will like it on Facebook and perhaps someone I know is in your area.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RMarkJr View Post
    Thats interesting. I havent had but like two ask me if I am mobile. Do you use the customers power and water? or do you have a water tank and generator?
    All I need is there key and check.Im fully contained in a ford transit.I don't even buy business cards anymore.500 for truck 100 for fuel you can cover that in your first week.Brick and mortar have to hire help electric and other expenses. Once you get rolling it deos not stop .Weather is a pita sometimes to deal with.

Post Thanks / Like

In addition you will need wholesale rat cars which pay nothing for when its slow.Mobile 1 car perday 6 days a week work by yourself minimum of 700.00 from the start.8k will buy you a decent truck and everything you need.If your committed to this buy a very reliable truck for 13000.290 permonth plus insurance.

Post Thanks / Like

I think you are full time. High end detailing is not for everyone, so you have to expect to have few calls and even less actual clients. I have been doing this for 4 years now, and I get on average one to two clients per week. Every time I do have a client, it's always a 10-12 hours work day because they want interior/exterior with polishing and the works.

Now if I was in your situation, I would do the following:

1. Offer lower priced packages for people who are not looking for high end detailing. So you could offer more of a wash type package with very basic interior that you can charge less for. This could be a rinseless wash and wax with interior vaccum type package. It should increase the amount of calls and the amount of clients you get.

2. Try other forms of advertising if Adword and Facebook are not giving you the results you are looking for. Personnally I don't advertise. I tried it and wasn't too happy about the result for how much it cost. So my only source of calls is my website and my SEO positioning. I also added yellow pages internet adds this year, in order to help my SEO.

3. If you have not put a referral program in place, you might wanna do it. Mine has not produced any real results, but some detaillers swear by it.

4. Some people really like sales, so you might want to have specials. I would suggest you do things extra instead of cutting prices. So for exemple, you could give a free Aquapel treatment for your packages over 200$. The product will cost you about 5$ and take 30 mins of your time but it's a saving of about 25$ for the customer. This is something that can be done with many extra services. I would not offer something that is already very popular, because that would cut into your profit margin.

Post Thanks / Like

Get involved in the community and groups. Cars and Coffee, etc. Most car clubs bring in lots of leads. I've done 3 Porsche's from a single car that was at a meet several weeks back. Owners talk among themselves and it's crazy how one thing leads to another. My business is just 1-2 per weekend but I'm always busy and get nothing but word of mouth referrals from all over from various clubs. I've recently started attending meets with my customers to answer questions and hunt around for potential business. Casual fun and an occasional card here and there and viola, instant inquiries.

I've also started having people stop by for a test-panel. Takes me maybe 20 minutes to walk through the correction on say a front fender and when they see the amazing difference they usually sign up. Even the couple that have left to think about it have a daily reminder on their car of what the rest of it could look like. There's a black mini cooper running around near me with a black mirror for his hood but the rest of the car looks like a brillo pad
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    4. Some people really like sales, so you might want to have specials. I would suggest you do things extra instead of cutting prices. So for exemple, you could give a free Aquapel treatment for your packages over 200$. The product will cost you about 5$ and take 30 mins of your time but it's a saving of about 25$ for the customer. This is something that can be done with many extra services. I would not offer something that is already very popular, because that would cut into your profit margin.

^^ x2

On one of the main forums I'm on local to my city, I offer a ceramic coating with the purchase of my top 2 packages. It's McKee's 37 coating and doesn't take me any more time really. I most ALWAYS throw in a "a little something extra" too. Think about when that happens to us here....I recently got a little something extra from AutoGeek in my box and another from another specific vendor too. VERY COOL!

For me I like to either clean/coat the windshield or fix up some faded trim, polish and coat the wheels even if they forgo the service, etc. just a little something that has value. I line item it at full price on the invoice and then deduct it as a courtesy "EXTRA" just to say Thank you. Another thing I've been doing is putting together a nice small basket with some detail spray, a sponge, a couple MF Rags and small samples of items related to the sale. IIRC I have about $15 Cost of Goods including the basket involved but it goes a Long long way in their eyes. Well worth it.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

I tell you what I know Brandon (mr slick) used Nextdoor app with some success I saw some post on my local one and it couldn't have been less than 20 people interested in a day or two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Long story short:

Last season I was Dan Trans Mobile Detailing. Since then in a short time I moved to NH. I restarted as The Buffing Moose.

With that stated, My first attempt was difficult in Mass. NH is different. I spent the winter getting my business plan for The Moose In order. Then I launched in Mid-May this year. It it took off faster than I thought.

One thing I need to remember is people take vacations so I saw a small gap of slow down. I'm back in full swing now.

Mass: I cranked out $150 interiors and even then, I didn't get a a lot of work.. I almost cried and gave up.
    NH: I have thus far cranked out more Buffing jobs...about 75% this year.

I already can't wait for next season.

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of good advice here. One thing is for sure, don't EVER lower your prices based on what the "other guys" charge. If you want to add something to your service that would be cost effective that's one thing, but once you start lowering your prices you are lowering YOUR value and the value of your time. Also, don't ever let your customer talk your price down. It sets a precedent and they will think they can do it to you all the time. My business is part time and mobile and I price my time and services accordingly. I've said it before, you are not only pricing out what your service is worth, you are pricing what time away from your friends and family is worth.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast