autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: Pictures and Comments from the Wisconsin Roadshow Class - 2017

In our classes we cover proper convertible top cleaning and protecting for both vinyl and canvas tops.

The Vinyl Convertible top was cleaned with 303 Aerospace Multi Surface Cleaner.

Then protected with 303 Aerospace Protectant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Phillips

Outside...

Yeah buddy!

That's a fine looking classic convertible!

Great job everyone!

Mike Phillips

All tool sets get 2 cars! This way everyone gets TONS of actual HANDS-ON time behind all the tools! Not just one brand of tools.

RUPES was also used for this 1966 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DMiglio View Post
    Had an amazing weekend, this class was so much fun to be a part of! Thank you to Autogeek, Lake Country, Mike Phillips, Yancy and if the car owners are on the forums, an extra big thanks to you all!

The cars were awesome, I mean ridiculously cool! A GTO Judge, beautiful 67 GTO, menacing big block Chevelle, lime green Dodge Dart, Scooby Doo Ford Econoline, gorgeous 39(?) Chevy street rod, 2011 mustang and swirled to heck Jaguar XJS!

Mike even managed to surprise us with boat detailing! There was a Cadillac Eldorado and Chrysler Newport in terrible condition, but it was brought back to life with Megs M07 and 2 step correction! The final one was a monster, a massive Ford King Ranch truck, I think this had its own zip code.

I met a lot of very nice genuine people.
    -George is a beast(man holding two polishers) and was helpful to anyone and everyone. MVP right here!
    -Al was extremely helpful, my partner for the end of the first day and all the second. I'm 29 and was the second shortest person there, almost outdone by Mikey who's 12! Al was the second tallest man there and a whole foot taller than me, but I digress. Awesome person and want to send a thanks to him as I believe he's on the forums.
    -Randy and Mikey, how cool is it for a father and son to do this together!? There was a plan there, as there was only two spots left for the class and the father son duo made it!
    -Jesse(hope I'm spelling it right, also an Alumni) and Denise for bringing the Newport
    -Really all of the students were a great group of people.

Only one person, a bit of a know it all, kind of rubbed me the wrong way. He kept bossing us around, grab this, bring me that, detail these cars, compound this and polish that! Believe it or not he even wanted to instruct the class!! I'm not into shaming others but I'll just say his name is Mike P. Or wait that's to obvious, it's M. Phillips..

In all honestly, this class allowed me the opportunity to meet one of the best people in the business, one of the best instructors, Mike Phillips! Meet a ton of car people and detailers who share the same passion and love for clean paint and badass cars! A chance to use multiple different compound, polish and LSP systems, some 10 different polishers, large mix of pads and endless microfiber towels! All available at Autogeek of course!

If you get a chance, take it, don't wait or think too long. The classes fill up quickly, but I believe Mike announced this on the forums almost 6 months in advance, save for a couple months and do it!

-David(the shortest of the 3 there!)
    As I woke this morning, I realized I miss you guys already. The Roadshow was too short. It was indeed a blast and a cornucopia of knowledge/hacks. I only wish I got to know everyone better. I feel bad that I can only remember Adam, Al, Brad, Chris, Dave, Dave B, Dave Miglio, Denise, James, Jeff, Jesse, Josh, Ken, Marnin, Mikey, Randy, Roman, Wally and of course Mile Phillips, Yancy Martinez, David Patterson, Scott. If only the “Meet and Greet” was a little quieter where we could have shared a little vignette of ourselves and “What’s in our Garage”. I realize that many attendees enjoy a beer especially after a long, hardworking day, it is indeed very difficult to find a quiet pub. (BTW if you do not like to get your hands busy with outstanding hands-on detailing on gorgeous and expensive cars, DO NOT sign up for the roadshow)

I wish to thank David Miglio for his very kind words. They are very much appreciated. I would like to echo what Dave stated about the genuine, industrious individuals at the Roadshow. Although I realize we were divided into hobbyists and professional detailers, never once did I feel any resentment or disparagement from the professionals. I have a new appreciation for the elite detailers, I had the privilege of working side by side

I thought I would start a thread so that I might get to know everyone better. My name is George Clavenna, I live in Des Moines, IA with my lovely wife of 43 years, Rebeca. I am an Ophthalmologist or hobbyist. I built a Cobra kit car 16 years ago. I will try to post a few pictures but it may be a little while until it is “Competition Ready” with that “Show Car Finish” and I cannot post anything less than that to my classmates.

Hopefully the rest of the class will follow suit. And maybe we can have a reunion of what I believe was the first Autogeek Roadshow in Oconomowoc, WI. I look forward to seeing you guys one of these days.

P.S. I apologize for not remembering all of your names, we would just too busy working on those “Special interest cars” with all the buffers and products and little time for idle chit-chat.

P.P.S. My favorite car a very difficult choice from the 13 or 14 cars we worked on (recall the rental and Dave Patterson’s daily driver) was the Green Dart as I met the proud owners and they gave me an 8" X 11" glossy print of the car doing a “burn out’.

P.P.P.S. I apologize for the long post

Mike Phillips

Wow!

Thanks for sharing your feedback George!

And thank you to everyone that attended this class and has shared their experience. It's these types of personal testimonies that help others to make the "Go" or "NO GO" decision for attending an Autogeek class.

Not everyone that can detail a car can also be good at teaching others or transfer both head knowledge and hands-on skills to others and especially when working with a wide spectrum of people from all ages, backgrounds and experience levels.

It's the testimonies and the pictures that tell an accurate story to show others what's in it for them when they make the decision to sign up for one of these classes.

The last 2 days I've been on the road representing Autogeek at the Ace Cafe in Orlando.

This means I had to stop sharing the rest of the pictures of all the cool tools, techniques and cars you all were able to use and train with and/or on.

It's Saturday morning and the start of the weekend and I have my own car projects to wrench on, but come Monday and the rest of next week I will finish sharing pictures of ALL the tools, techniques and ars.

A picture tells a thousand words (I have an article by that title, Google it with my name and it will pullbright up), and while every day there's a new "instructor" popping up an a new Detailing Class being promoted on the Intereeb, I think ours are THE best and I have the longest history of DOCUMENTING it with the pictures.

Without the pictures to see what really took place everything else is just words.

Try to find picture of any other class from this year, last year, the year befor, 10 years ago, etc., - they don't exist

So stay tuned...

And for everyone reading this into the future (I always type for the future, never the present), our next Competition Ready Roadshow Classes are common up in Maine in October and Colorado in November.

The 3-day Class here in September is already sold out.

The Wisconsin class sold out so when you see one of our classes coming to driving distance from your home town - clear your schedule and get signed-up. If you snooze you lose.

And by all means - go to all the free classes and any any other paid-for class, but nothing can take the place of the real-deal.

Have a great weekend everyone...

Mike Phillips

***Back to work***

The last post I made sharing cars, tools, products and techniques was post #53 above showing the compounding step to the 1966 Cadillac using RUPES paint polishing system.

Then on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday Bobby, Yancy and I were off to Orlando, Florida to participate with the Ace Café in Orlando and their Thursday night Bike Night and their Friday night VAG Night or Volkswagon Audi Group Night.

You can check out their website and Facebook page here,

Ace Café Orlando Website

Ace Café Orlando - Facebook

Couldn't post pictures from the class and post pictures of our time at the Ace Café to my FB page at the same time so I simply stopped for a few days sharing pictures from the Wisconsin class both here on our forum and on my FB page.

But now I'm back and I'm going to finish working through ALL the pictures taken at this class to document exactly what you get to do at one of our roadshow detailing classes.

Here we go...

Mike Phillips

After compounding with RUPES Zephir Gloss compound and the coarse blue RUPES foam pads, next the class machine polished using RUPES Diamond Ultra Fine Polish with the RUPES ultra soft white foam finishing pads.

Sorry I don't have any pictures of the polishing process on my phone. Yancy does have pictures and video and I'll get these from him and add to this post.

That said, I do have pictures of the tool, pads and products we shipped to Wisconsin for the class to train with on the 1969 Chrysler Newport and the 1966 Cadillac Eldorado.

Mike Phillips

Seal the deal!

After polishing we sealed the paint using RUPES P808 Protective Sealant.

Mike Phillips

And here are the results!

Mike Phillips

That's 2 DEDICATED training cars - the REAL DEAL - for learning the RUPES Paint Polishing System.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast