autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Lamborghini Gallardo Rough Paint Tips Needed

I have an 09 Gallardo right now and as you can see, the paint is pretty rough. The car has been washed, clayed, and washed again. The previous owner had a clear bra on but has still neglected the exterior of this car. I've tried Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover with both an orange and then a yellow LC pad (both brand new) and this is the best I can get it. I spread the TSR on a low speed and then do 8 passes (up down left and right) and then a few more letting up on pressure with each pass.

I don't have a proper cam, so pardon the cell phone video but it's the best I can do. Still, you can see the difference between untouched and compounded paint. What else can I do to remove the remaining scratches? They're deep and I'm thinking either a wet sand, which I'm not confident doing, or even a re-spray.

Thanks in advance!

https://youtu.be/xQSWEsjmZtY

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lamborghini Gallardo Rough Paint Tips Needed

The paint on most Gallardos is very hard. Those look like pretty good isolated scratches. How important is it for you to remove them?

Because Gallardos have composite bodies, I prefer to remove deep scratches by sanding, and then polishing after that.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lamborghini Gallardo Rough Paint Tips Needed

Since what you had did not get you the desired results, you have to look at what you used, try stepping up to a more aggressive pad and or compound. Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover a great product but maybe not aggressive enough to remove your defects, try a compound....or you could try a more aggressive pad like a microfiber cutting pad with Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover......if either can't do the trick alone try going more aggressive with both pad and compound. Now that may require an additional polishing step but, you would be rewarded with a near flawless finish if done correctly.