autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: NEW MC KEES sio2 WASH

Does this leave any real protection behind on a non-coated car? Or is it like car wash with wax that is mostly gloss enhancers and won't protect you from squat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@McKees37 View Post
    Once you have a history of posting well-documented reviews on the forum you'll automatically be considered!

Good catch. Our chemists do not write the web copy for the Autogeek site, though.

I'll let Autogeek know so they can update their website copy.
    Thanks. I get trolled sometimes for nitpicking technicalities. In this case, I was trying to figure out what the heck is "Sio" and assumed that "Sio2" was "Sio II" and an upgrade from "Sio I" because branding folks think that II is better than I. So, in this case "silicon dioxide" is mainly referring to "quartz" in context.

Post Thanks / Like

Never out to hurt mckees .Great product line the point Im making is I don't like to buy new products without reviews.Trust me I know all about the game with new products.Ive Nearly went broke creating my coating that snow does not adhere to metal. I had to have numerous labs sign off so I could license this out.Your line is limited but good.But with all the hype and saturation I may buy but want reviews first that's what this forum is for.I see disparaging comments all the time about inferior products so I don't know why my name was brought up for my own personal opinion. Ive helped numerous people on this forum and even had forum members want to pay me to train them.At the end of the day mckees is a great line and have all the polishes and compounds and interior products. So I would never be out to hurt or cause trouble.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@McKees37 View Post

I looked through your posting history Jeff and it appears that your intentions on this forum are questionable, especially when it's a thread that pertains to McKee's 37.

I come here for the 24/7 mckee's ads by people who only do mckee's reviews....

My intentions arnt to come here to make money, thats for sure.

Ive come here after following mike from MOL.

Ive been on autopia since like 05 or 06, back when DavidB made a post about relabeled products that got lots of attention....

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if you remember nick that 2 months ago I approached you on a 1500.00 initial order to sell in my store and your company declined.So if I thought your products weren't good that conversation would of never taken place.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    Never out to hurt mckees .Great product line the point Im making is I don't like to buy new products without reviews.Trust me I know all about the game with new products.Ive Nearly went broke creating my coating that snow does not adhere to metal. I had to have numerous labs sign off so I could license this out.Your line is limited but good.But with all the hype and saturation I may buy but want reviews first that's what this forum is for.I see disparaging comments all the time about inferior products so I don't know why my name was brought up for my own personal opinion. Ive helped numerous people on this forum and even had forum members want to pay me to train them.At the end of the day mckees is a great line and have all the polishes and compounds and interior products. So I would never be out to hurt or cause trouble.
    You can't win for losing....or is it you can't lose for winning? In a public forum this size we are all bound to upset someone with negative sentiment if we choose to go negative or neutral. The only two product lines I can think of where going negative scores fanboy points is Chemical Guys and Kirkland. All the others get a free pass. I have several McKee's products, my favorite being 360. I'm trying Hydro Blue because one of our vehicles is set-and-forget and I was looking for a product that saves labor and time. I try to buy gallons whenever possible to save having to reorder. I am stuck with some gallons of products that will probably never get used up because I've found better products (i.e. CG V07 which I still like but I found Optimum products and I like them much more). McKee's produces fine products but there is a lot of competition. This forum's objectives are biased towards marketing products so negative or neutral sentiment serves no purpose in this context.

With all of the great products available I think all of us are spoiled by an embarrassment of riches. When there are so many great products available in such a competitive space the end result is branding and marketing becomes very important. The only top-tier product line that I can think of that spends little or nothing on product marketing is Collinite, which is a true outlier, surviving solely on reputation, product quality and word-of-mouth. It is an amazing brand that breaks every rule of product marketing. Think of Collinite as the anti-CG. I admire Collinite more than any other brand in this space because of what they have achieved.

Post Thanks / Like

Totally agree no arguments or negative gets you any where.mckees makes great products. As I said before about buying continual monthly, if I thought mckees was inferior I would of never approached.In any company no matter what there is always gonna be a product displeaser.I don't dislike any company even chemical guys.I think a lot of there line is good value for the money.I actually have my van full of mckees stuff.I buy from 4 different places.So in essence I don't think my post are questionable.How ever I did have some rocky post about a year or 2 ago.But that had nothing to do with any detail retail line.Its all good and I won't be clogging the forum with stuff like this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    Totally agree no arguments or negative gets you any where.mckees makes great products. As I said before about buying continual monthly, if I thought mckees was inferior I would of never approached.In any company no matter what there is always gonna be a product displeaser.I don't dislike any company even chemical guys.I think a lot of there line is good value for the money.I actually have my van full of mckees stuff.I buy from 4 different places.So in essence I don't think my post are questionable.How ever I did have some rocky post about a year or 2 ago.But that had nothing to do with any detail retail line.Its all good and I won't be clogging the forum with stuff like this.
    Nick was referring to JeffM on the questionable posts. Unless you have two different memberships with the forum(honest statement) then you have nothing to worry about. Nick did offer for you to try the SiO2 Auto Wash for free as well NEW MC KEES sio2 WASH

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    What car wash soap or waterless solution are you using? Any chance they're leaving their own gloss enhancers or wax that would alter the Hydro Blue? I only ask because it seems to be a common thing that comes up in coating threads.
    Mostly ONR at various dilutions. but I do use a bit of Meg's Gold Class shampoo in my bucket washes sometimes.

I've tried just spraying off the dirt, without wiping, but without a pressure washer, it just doesn't get clean without physical contact with the paint. (I use long chenille mf mitts) It's mostly the lower panels that get dirty, while the upper sections of the cars stay clean. It's always these lower panels, that I have to wash by hand, that doesn't bead or shed water as well as the upper panels after a wash. I end up having to reapply Hydro Blue after each wash in order to get uniform beading and good water shedding in these areas again. I really like Hydro Blue, but its not going to be economical for me if I have to reapply it after every wash.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mengelhardt View Post
    Mostly ONR at various dilutions. but I do use a bit of Meg's Gold Class shampoo in my bucket washes sometimes.

I've tried just spraying off the dirt, without wiping, but without a pressure washer, it just doesn't get clean without physical contact with the paint. (I use long chenille mf mitts) It's mostly the lower panels that get dirty, while the upper sections of the cars stay clean. It's always these lower panels, that I have to wash by hand, that doesn't bead or shed water as well as the upper panels after a wash. I end up having to reapply Hydro Blue after each wash in order to get uniform beading and good water shedding in these areas again. I really like Hydro Blue, but its not going to be economical for me if I have to reapply it after every wash.
    Road scum splashed from your tires on the side panels is the most challenging. I wish there was a way to quantify this. On my Prius which is near show-car finished and with very fresh 476s the road scum comes off with very easy passes with Meg's shampoo. After a month the beading is still very good but the road scum requires more work to remove. This is why I'm not keen on using beading as a metric to test LSP durability. The surface tension of road scum is zero and the scum seems capable of diffusion on anything short of freshly applied LSP.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234