autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Coating overload - which one to use

I currently have Polishangel Cosmic on my car and my wife's car. Since I coated the cars last in 2015 it is time for a new coating. However, I am suffering overload as to which coating to use. I like Cosmic due to its ease of applicability. The coating will be applied to two metalic cars - one Iridium Silver and a metallic blue silver.

I typically top the coatings in the summer time. I coat the cars to make sure they are protected in the winter time. I am looking for coatings that last two years or more. I also want something that is easy to apply.

Below are the following I am considering:

GTechniq CSL/EXO
    22ple HPC
    Polishangel Cosmic
    CQuartz UK

Does anyone have any other recommendations?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Coating overload - which one to use

The GTechniq EXO & CSL Kit is a great choice.

GTechniq EXO and CSL Kit

Post Thanks / Like

McKee's 37 just came out with a new formula for their coating that looks excellent!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Munich77 View Post
    I currently have Polishangel Cosmic on my car and my wife's car. Since I coated the cars last in 2015 it is time for a new coating. However, I am suffering overload as to which coating to use. I like Cosmic due to its ease of applicability. The coating will be applied to two metalic cars - one Iridium Silver and a metallic blue silver.

I typically top the coatings in the summer time. I coat the cars to make sure they are protected in the winter time. I am looking for coatings that last two years or more. I also want something that is easy to apply.

GTechniq CSL/EXO
    22ple HPC
    Polishangel Cosmic
    CQuartz UK

Polishangel came out with Cosmic V2 if you prefer that..I liked polishangel due to how easy it was to use.i have used cosmic v1..GTechniq CSL/EXO v3 is a great combo..I personally dont like coatings due to water spotting issue..i went back to sealant and wax..for winter I use FK1000p and for summer collinite 915 but that just me..coating looks good and easy to maintain but water spotting after rain is bit too much for me..try Fk1000p on silver..it just makes silver pop..

Post Thanks / Like

What product handles water spots the best? And do the mineral deposit removers strip the coating?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by C5Longhorn View Post
    What product handles water spots the best? And do the mineral deposit removers strip the coating?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    According to AG, Use CarPro Spotless Water Spot Remover to maintain your Cquartz coated vehicle. Even though coatings like Cquartz provide a rock-hard barrier of protection, they can still degrade due to the long-term effects of calcium building up on the surface. Regular application of CarPro Spotless Water Spot Remover will keep your Cquartz coated vehicle looking its best!

I just got CarPro Spotless and have a coated vehicle with some pretty mineral rich rain sitting on it now. So I have something to test with. Hopefully tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

22plc HPC is a nice choice, really easy and forgiving application. Great gloss, excellent self cleaning abilities.

Have 'heard' that the EXO part of the csl/exo combo can be a little tricky but supposed to be crazy mad hydrophobic behavior.

Gyeon Mohs is nice for daily driver. Have tried about 10 different coatings in last year, mostly on fleet vehicles that get the snot beat out of them...no real poor ones in the mix but some do stand out for what I'm looking for (which might not be what everyone is looking for). Don't really care about nice beading, prefer sheeting and self-cleaning abilities.

22ple HPC and Gyeon Mohs were the Top performers for me with respect to those properties.

In all the cars I did, never really ran into water spotting issues; that's why beading ain't no big deal to me...id rather have the water sheet/roll off the hood.

Took a bit but I did finally settle on a coating that meets MY needs.

If ya liked the Cosmic, why change it up? The whole 'what coating' question will drive ya mad!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nix View Post
    Polishangel came out with Cosmic V2 if you prefer that..I liked polishangel due to how easy it was to use.i have used cosmic v1..GTechniq CSL/EXO v3 is a great combo..I personally dont like coatings due to water spotting issue..i went back to sealant and wax..for winter I use FK1000p and for summer collinite 915 but that just me..coating looks good and easy to maintain but water spotting after rain is bit too much for me..try Fk1000p on silver..it just makes silver pop..
    Can't speak to V2, but the original applies is nice in that it applies like a sealant. However, it also has the durability of a sealant. In fact, other sealants last much longer than the PA coating I applied. It will of course last longer if you use the spray topper every couple of months, but so will any coating or sealant.
    2006 LR3 White // 2014 Boxster Agate Gray // 2012 Sentra Aspen White
    Sealant test resultsxxxxxDilution ratio chartxxxxxWheel cleaner info

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Munich77 View Post

GTechniq CSL/EXO
    22ple HPC
    Polishangel Cosmic
    CQuartz UK

Sent you a PM with some details of my search...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LSNAutoDetailing View Post
    According to AG, Use CarPro Spotless Water Spot Remover to maintain your Cquartz coated vehicle. Even though coatings like Cquartz provide a rock-hard barrier of protection, they can still degrade due to the long-term effects of calcium building up on the surface. Regular application of CarPro Spotless Water Spot Remover will keep your Cquartz coated vehicle looking its best!

I just got CarPro Spotless and have a coated vehicle with some pretty mineral rich rain sitting on it now. So I have something to test with. Hopefully tomorrow.
    Dang, I just ordered Optimum Mineral Deposit. I wonder if it's basically the same thing.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Autogeekonline mobile app

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast