autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Packing up for the Autogeek Roadshow Class in Oconomowoc, Wisconsin - August 12th & 13th

And it's only $15 for 16 oz. I mean....come on....it's clearly in the top 3 of all time bang for your buck products.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Mike Phillips

Re: Packing up for the Autogeek Roadshow Class in Oconomowoc, Wisconsin - August 12th & 13th

Quote Originally Posted by axel06 View Post

have a blast wish i was attending these students are in for the time of there life!!!
    Thanks Axel for chiming in....

For those that don't know, Axel has attended either 7 or 8 of our 3-day classes here at Autogeek and I believe he's signed up for the upcoming September class.

That's a testimony in and of itself.

Quote Originally Posted by david b View Post

Love HD Speed - my favorite AIO - wonder why it's not offered in a gallon jug like other product lines?
    I don't have an answer, could be a normal evolution for the brand and this will be a next step.

Quote Originally Posted by axel06 View Post

Looking forward to participating in this class and meeting my fellow forum 'geeks'

David
    My favorite part is meeting the people behind the forum names and avatars.

Of course we always have non-forum people or even lurkers at our classes but in my e-mails I send to everyone I do strongly encourage everyone to join the forum for no other reason than to share their experience from the class.

Kind of like Angie's list only better.

Quote Originally Posted by txchevyz71 View Post

How do I get some of the Autogeek stickers? I see those are for the wash and rinse buckets....

nevermind.. I found them

Autogeek Gear
    Here's the direct link...

Wash & Rinse Bucket Labels, two bucket wash system

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post

And it's only $15 for 16 oz. I mean....come on....it's clearly in the top 3 of all time bang for your buck products.
    Thanks for chiming in silverfox...

I'm not sure if anyone from 3D reads this forum? They use to?

I'd recommend all of our vendors not only have staff that reads our forum but participates on it.

People LOVE being able to communicate with the actual people that work for the companies we represent on Autogeek.com

Could be a time thing.... could be a priority thing.... could be as simple as some people just can't type...

Mike Phillips

More tools packed and ready to ship...

CarPro Ceriglass so the students can learn how to remove scratches from glass
    Lots of 3M painter's tape and blue vinyl tape
    3" DA Backing Plates
    5" Rotary Backing Plates
    Lake Country Coating Applicators

This will be another bar raising and standard setting class others can try to copy.

Mike Phillips

***Update***

A few more pictures I took before packing everything into the crate or onto the pallet...

We'll be going over the techniques I share in my RUPES how-to book...

And we'll be going over techniques I share in the FLEX how-to book...

These two books plus "The Complete Guide to a Show Car Shine" will be available after the class on Sunday for purchase and I'm happy to sign them too...

If you already have copies of any of my books, if you bring them with you I'm happy to sign them after the class.

Of course we go over safety and there are plenty of heavy duty orange nitrile gloves to keep everyone safe...

Safety glasses too...

Glass polishing to remove scratches is always a popular technique we cover in our classes...

Our flight leaves at 7:00am tomorrow morning. We'll be shooting new how-to videos on Thursday and then setting up for the class on Friday.

Class is Friday and Saturday!

See you there!

Both Yancy and I will also be sharing a lot of this on our FB pages so see the link in my Sig Line

Mike Phillips

Um.....

***Bump***

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Ever planning to come to Texas? Thanks for your help on my thread I'll check my inventory and see what pads I have...

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Gordaskipper View Post

Ever planning to come to Texas? T

hanks for your help on my thread I'll check my inventory and see what pads I have...

Yes we are planning to come to Texas!

We already have 8 classes scheduled for this year and on a graphical calendar, when you block out holidays, block out tradeshows we attend, block out our regular 3-day classes here, (three times a year, January, May and September), block out or Boat Detailing Class, (February), we have a FULL schedule for 2018 except for December. The first two weekends of December are available but to be honest, over the years I have found that when we get to December, most people only have Christmas and the "holiday season" on their mind, plus on their budget.

We did successfully hold at RUPES detailing class HERE at Autogeek in Stuart, Florida last year so I'm not saying a December Roadshow Class cannot work but if it does, everything has to fall into place naturally.

At this time we have 3 to 4 shop locations that meet the criteria I've listed in the link below, that have offered us their shop in Texas, so now it's just a matter of scheduling and as of today, we're looking at 2019.

Requirements to host an Autogeek's Roadshow Class

I also think we could bring our Boat Detailing Class on the road, it's just a matter of whether there's a market out there or not. By market, I mean enough people willing to pay for a class.

Here's what our boat detailing class looks like. This is the most picture intense class I've ever fully documented out of all the boat classes we've had here in Stuart, Florida but I would challenge anyone to find ANY thread or page on the Internet that fully documents any other boat class. I've already looked, there's nothing.

Pictures: 2018 Boat Detailing Class at Autogeek with Mike Phillips

There's easily over 200 pictures, in focus showing nothing but people, out of their chairs "learning".

Mike Phillips

Ever planning to come to Texas?

Also, just to add, at this time the best way to find out about when a class is coming to Texas or anywhere it to join the Autogeek newsletter here,

Click here to join the Autogeek Newsletter

Thanks for your help on my thread I'll check my inventory and see what pads I have...

Coming soon, is a newsletter I've been given the green light to write and in this of course I'll be sharing dates and locations for all our classes.

Stay tuned...

Post Thanks / Like

It amazes me to see the level of equipment needed for these roadshows! The fun part is undoubtedly the classes while in progress however the panning, staging, packing and logistics of getting to and from the "fun" part blows me away. Talk about work! And not just physical work lifting, packing, arranging etc. but the mental work in making sure EVERYTHING is planned for, included and arranged.

Seeing what you guys brought to the Nokomis Makeover for Ron impressed me and that probably wasn't even 1/10th of these Roadshows. Being part of the Tampa CR Team at the RV Show was also very impressive and, again, wasn't near what's needed at these roadshows.

Guys and Gals, if you want to see THE BEST in how to vehicle detail, take advantage of these classes!

10. Likes FrankS liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a lot of products to pack and ship!!!

The great thing about these classes is, not only do you glean from Mike Phillips' years of experience, but you get to try out different machines, pads and products.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast