autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cquartz --First Time User Feedback

I decided to apply CQuartz to my Acura MDX...the first time I had ever used it.

Completd a full decontamination, wash, clay, and correction (the Menzerna 400/3500 combination is amazing) and was ready to apply CQuartz.

I was nervous.

Why? I had read so much about the streaking and high points that provided difficulty. And that the product was picky in its application. I had shyed away from trying it.

Well, I found out it was really easy. Application was a breeze. The key is determining the time required for flashing and removal. A test spot or 2 and your iPhone stopwatch can help you zone in. In 80 degree weather and somewhat humid conditions, I found about 8 minutes was about right. Used the stopwatch and the lap timer with each section of application to guide my removal time. A reasonable effort required for removal with the suede cloth, but easy to find the high spots and buff off.

The Reload application after the CQuartz was also easy....no streaking or other difficulty. Key is to apply with a microfiber sponge. Spray on the sponge and apply. I applied to one panel, moved to apply on a second panel, and then moved back to the first panel for removal. it was easy and streak free. While I understand many had issues with previous versions of Reload, my experience was really quite positive.

How is it? Shine and clarity is great. The pop is really nice. I can't wait to let it finish curing and see how it shines. With the anticipated protection and duration, I can say if you were ever considering using a coating but are worried about the pitfalls, give it a try. Really a good experience.

David

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cquartz --First Time User Feedback

Thanks for sharing your first application experience ! Sounds like you are happy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

If you think the shine is great, just wait until you wash the car for the first time after application and you barely have to dry it

A freshly coated vehicle can sheet 90% of the water off and you just have to do a little towel or blower work to take care of the rest.

Retired Professional Detailer

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice work! Just curious what color car ?

Post Thanks / Like

Pearl white.

The prep work seems to clean the clear coat, cleaning off the dirt and, in my case, making the car even whiter and brighter.

Can't wait to watch the coating in action against rain and dirt!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spewking View Post
    I decided to apply CQuartz to my Acura MDX...the first time I had ever used it.

Completd a full decontamination, wash, clay, and correction (the Menzerna 400/3500 combination is amazing) and was ready to apply CQuartz.

I was nervous.

Why? I had read so much about the streaking and high points that provided difficulty. And that the product was picky in its application. I had shyed away from trying it.

Well, I found out it was really easy. Application was a breeze. The key is determining the time required for flashing and removal. A test spot or 2 and your iPhone stopwatch can help you zone in. In 80 degree weather and somewhat humid conditions, I found about 8 minutes was about right. Used the stopwatch and the lap timer with each section of application to guide my removal time. A reasonable effort required for removal with the suede cloth, but easy to find the high spots and buff off.

The Reload application after the CQuartz was also easy....no streaking or other difficulty. Key is to apply with a microfiber sponge. Spray on the sponge and apply. I applied to one panel, moved to apply on a second panel, and then moved back to the first panel for removal. it was easy and streak free. While I understand many had issues with previous versions of Reload, my experience was really quite positive.

How is it? Shine and clarity is great. The pop is really nice. I can't wait to let it finish curing and see how it shines. With the anticipated protection and duration, I can say if you were ever considering using a coating but are worried about the pitfalls, give it a try. Really a good experience.

David
    I'm a fan of that Menzerna combo but I might of missed something? Did you prep the paint with anything after the polish before going to the coating? If so, what?

Post Thanks / Like

I have CQuartz Finest on my car, and it is metallic black. I had it professionally applied almost 5 years ago, and it still looks and functions as good as it did the day I had it done. I only used the Reload a few times after the initial application, but found it wasn't really that necessary, and after 5 years its still going strong on a daily driver, outside kept car, in a 4 season east coast climate!

Post Thanks / Like

Newdetailer1

Oh yes. Used eraser for full wipe down, and wiped each panel down a second time with eraser before CQuartz application.

Post Thanks / Like

Update:

Did a full wash today on this vehicle and was amazed at the hydrophobic qualities of CQuartz. The rinse off showed a slick run off and incredible beading. Watching the action on the door panels is something...has an intense level of protection I have not witnessed before. Interestingly, I also washed my other car that has WGDGS on it and there was no comparison.

The reset shampoo is great. Between the slickness of CQuartz and the lubricity of reset, the car seems to get clean with only light stroking of my wash mitt...no heavy pressure needed. Overall, the wash felt easy.

I am really impressed...more that I thought on this first use of CQuartz.

Post Thanks / Like

it is strange, my browser isn't showing the pictures of the car for some reason. I will try refreshing it in the morning and maybe they will be here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast