autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Essence extreme gloss...guess I'm the odd one out

Quote Originally Posted by zmcgovern45 View Post
    CarPro Polishes (essence and reflect) are unique, so if you try to use them like a Menzerna or Meguiar's polish, you're going to have a bad time...

- Start with an unprimed pad. Do not prime your pad. Don't think about priming your pad.
    - Apply 4-5 small dots of product to your dry pad (you will use just 2-3 small dots after this initial section)
    - Spread the product onto your working area by dabbing the pad on the paint, or by doing a very quick pass at low speed
    - Work the product at speed 4-5 with firm, but not heavy pressure. Work slowly and make just 2 passes. At this point the product should be broken down and VERY easy to wipe away.
    - If needed, make a 3rd pass with a slower speed and no pressure, then wipe away. I would not make any more than 3 passes.
    - Clean the pad with a brush after every section.

**Essence works best on firmer polishing pads. My favorite is the Rupes yellow pad.**

I struggled with CarPro Reflect for a while until Corey coached me on how to use the product. Since then I have LOVED Essence and Reflect as they behave in the same manner. Super easy to use, super quick, excellent results.

-Zach
    Im gonna have to try Essence again. It is a pain in the rear as I believe I overworked the product as well. It ruined the finish I had with 3D polish. I got frustrated and hung it up.

Post Thanks / Like

Also, isn't Essence made to be worked with their Gloss Pad which is a very soft finishing pad? Cause thats what im trying to use...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MikeC78 View Post
    Also, isn't Essence made to be worked with their Gloss Pad which is a very soft finishing pad? Cause thats what im trying to use...
    As I stated here, in several other threads, and in my personal review of Essence.... I have personally found this product to work best with firmer foam as it helps to break the product down better IMO. Our favorites were the Rupes Yellow and Rupes White Pads.

The technique is VERY important with this product, and it will make or break your results/experience. Once you understand how to use it, it is a very nice product.

Essence removing compounding haze with Rupes Yellow Pad on Rupes Bigfoot...

Essence used as a final polish...

Essence used as a final polish...

I have many examples as Essence and Reflect were tried and true products in my shop.

I have not used CarPro Gloss pads, so I cannot weigh in on them.

Retired Professional Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

I personally don't like products that are finicky or need to be "massaged" to work properly. Their are way too may other products available that work just as well if not better. So for me, I'm glad I bought the small bottle of Essence as it won't be something I reach for often. I guess if you are applying a coating it's a good prep, other than that I'll take HD Speed any day over it. Speed is much more user friendly and way better correction abilities and it finishes out super fine.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    I personally don't like products that are finicky or need to be "massaged" to work properly. Their are way too may other products available that work just as well if not better. So for me, I'm glad I bought the small bottle of Essence as it won't be something I reach for often. I guess if you are applying a coating it's a good prep, other than that I'll take HD Speed any day over it. Speed is much more user friendly and way better correction abilities and it finishes out super fine.
    Bingo, exactly, and thank you, Mark.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

It's all personal preference, right? That is the beauty of having 1,000,000 different polishes to chose from on the market.

For instance, I personally do not like Menzerna products. I have always felt they are difficult to work with, however there are many people on here who would strongly disagree. As Mr. Phillips says, Find something that works for you and use it often.

Post Thanks / Like

I will have to follow some of those tips provided. I have tried several times and it is hard to remove and it seems there is something left every time and it appears cloudy. I am probably working it too long or with too high of speeds from the suggestions.

Post Thanks / Like

HD Polish+ is legit and about as perfect of a finishing polish I've ever used. Works great if you plan on using a coating.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 74 thing View Post
    I will have to follow some of those tips provided. I have tried several times and it is hard to remove and it seems there is something left every time and it appears cloudy. I am probably working it too long or with too high of speeds from the suggestions.
    If essence is difficult to remove, then you're not doing something correct. It is in the top 3 easiest polishes to wipe away I have ever used... maybe even #1.

At the end of the day, you may have some paint that doesn't play nicely with it. There is no "one size fits all" product, though in the vast majority of instances we have found Essence to provide an exceptional finish when used as a final step in the correction process.

As I mentioned, when I initially began using Reflect (which have the same abrasive technology used in Essence and works very similarly) I was absolutely not a fan... but it was only because I did not know how to properly use it. Once I was told the proper process, and I took the time to learn how to use it, it became one of our favorite polishes and was quicker and easier to use than ones we had previously loved. You just have to be a let to get yourself out of the mindset of using it like other polishes. Just like learning how to apply a coating vs. applying a wax, they are different processes for different products even though they have the same goal in mind.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MikeC78 View Post
    Essence PLUS. Completely different product.
    2006 LR3 White // 2014 Boxster Agate Gray // 2012 Sentra Aspen White
    Sealant test resultsxxxxxDilution ratio chartxxxxxWheel cleaner info

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast