Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
Ok, so a few things that have been bothering me over the years and never read any solution to them...

1) Removing Armor All from tires. Anyone know an effective way of doing it? Last detail I did, the client wanted a wheel coating. He has been putting Armor All on his tires for years. So I scrubbed the first tire 4 times with my normal tire cleaning solution (Meguiar's Super Degreaser 4:1 with a ounce of Dawn added to the gallon for extra suds. Well the only thing it did was make my tire brush really dirty with Armor all residue. Could not get it off the tire. So when I informed the client I would not be able to coat because of the armor all, he said let me try. He went inside and came down with Fantastic, Laundry Detergent and some other cleaner. While I was working on the car, he scrubbed the tire for 20 mins... could not get it off. This was a 2 day detail so during the night between the 2 sessions, he tried again (he really wanted the coating). But still, armor all was still there. I told him I could probably get it off using a petrolium based solvent, but really did not recommend it because it could damage the tires. So he finaly accepted not to do it. Any of you have a solution to this? I normally push coatings for tires when people have nice vehicles, and from time to time I get someone with Armor All tires and have the same issue almost every time.

2) Removing polish or compound from rock chips. From time to time, I get a car with road rasg type rock chips and once polish gets in them it's almost impossible to remove. I use a 25% IPA solution with ONR at detailer concentration to clean the pannels after polishing session but sometimes it won't remove the residue in the rock chips. Any advice?
I would say a steamer or lacquer thinner.