autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mike Phillips

Review: GYEON Q2M Leather Cleaner and GYEON Q2 Leather Coat by Mike Phillips

Review: GYEON Q2M Leather Cleaner and GYEON Q2 Leather Coat by Mike Phillips

GYEON Q2M Leather Cleaner and GYEON Q2 Leather Coat

From GYEON

GYEON Q2M Leather Cleaner

GYEON Q2M Leather Cleaner is a pre-coating leather cleaner designed to remove dirt, dust, and oily residue before a coating is applied. GYEON Q2M Leather Cleaner does not contain any nourishing oils or conditioners, leaving only a cleaned and ready-for-a-coating surface behind. GYEON Q2M Leather Cleaner can also be used as a cleaner on an already coated leather surface, as it will not interfere with the layer of protection already applied.

Coatings are quickly becoming the preferred method of protection in the car care industry. You have coatings for leather, for wheels, for paint, glass, convertible tops, the list goes on and on. With all of those coatings, of course, comes a dedicated cleaner – what coating is going to bond to a dirty surface?

The pH neutral GYEON Q2M Leather Cleaner is a no-frills formula. Designed only to clean a leather surface in preparation for a leather coating, there is no need for added softening or preserving agents. GYEON Q2M Leather Cleaner will safely remove any previously-applied leather conditioners (not coatings!) and leave a matte finish behind – perfect for applying a coating to.

Give your coating the best possible conditions to bond with – use GYEON Q2M Leather Cleaner to fully prep your leather surface before being coated for an extended lifetime of protection!

Directions for use:

Step 1: Vacuum upholstery before cleaning with GYEON Q2M Leather Clean.

Step 2: For light leather contamination, spray GYEON Q2M onto a microfiber towel and gently wipe the leather surface in straight, one-way motions. Do not rub in with your microfiber towel.

Step 3: For heavily soiled and stained leather surfaces, GYEON Q2M Leather Cleaner can be sprayed directly onto the leather surface, and using the same method as above, can be cleaned with a microfiber towel.

Step 4: Once the GYEON Q2M Leather Cleaner has been removed, you can coat the surface using GYEON Q2 Leather Coat.

GYEON Q2 Leather Coat

SURFACE: EVERY LEATHER
    PH LEVEL: NEUTRAL
    BARRIER AGAINST LIQUID: YES
    Durability: >3 months

Q2 LEATHERCOAT is very easy to use, it just requires proper cleaning of the leather prior to ensure good bond, then simply apply to a soft microfiber cloth or applicator and wipe over in an even layer. With durability of up to 3 months this hydrophobic coating provides protection from liquids, sweat, dirt and also ‘dye transfer’ from jeans and clothing that can discolor and stain leather.

MATT FINISH
    As most modern interior automotive leather has a factory matt finish, we made sure that Q2 LEATHERCOAT leaves an invisible layer that does not affect the look or feel of the soft leather trim in any way. It simply coats the leather to ensure its good looks remain the same as the day you bought it.

INNOVATIVE PROTECTION
    Q2 LEATHERCOAT is a long-lasting, high performance ‘coating’ for all leather trim, not simply a standard leather dressing. It cleverly builds an invisible layer on the surface of the leather offering added protection against dirt, sweat, UV and other pollutants – all of which can age and degrade leather before its time.

Directions for Application:

Work on a clean, dry surface out of direct sunlight.

Step 1: Spray GYEON Q2 Leather Coat onto a microfiber applicator pad.

Step 2: Apply an even layer of GYEON Q2 Leather Coat onto the surface being treated.

Step 3: .Allow at least 12 hours of drying time prior to use.

Step 4: For greater protection and more even coverage, a second coat can be applied after one hour.

The directions for use for both of these products from the manufacturer are well written and straightforward, there's really nothing I can do to improve them so I simply followed the directions and took the below pictures to show the directions in action.

Test car: 2004 Acura TSX
    Here's my test car. This is a neglected 2004 Acura that I used at my May 2017 Competition Ready Detailing Class to teach production detailing. We used this car for showing how to use a one-step cleaner/wax as well as headlight restoreation. I saved the interior for GYEON reviews.

Look at how dull and lifeless these black leather seats are...

The leather seats in the car look old, weathered and worn-out.

These seats are going to be a great test for the GYEON Leather Cleaner and Leather Coat. I see people say because modern automotive leather is "coated" that you don't need anything more than a microfiber towel and some water to wipe them down to clean and maintain them. Sorry to say, that might work on seats that are new and LOOK new but I can guarantee you that using only water to try to clean these seats (or any leather seats) simply isn't going to work and water isn't going to impart any protection or either restore or maintain a nice looking appearance.

So keep this in mind when you see someone recommending to only use water to clean and maintain leather.

Cleaning the leather
    I purposefully like to use clean, bright white microfiber towels when documenting the performance of products like leather cleaners because they white microfiber towel will show you what (if any) dirt and grime is being removed. I think the below picture makes it very evidient that

A: The seats were in fact very dirty.

B: The GYEON leather cleaner did a great job of cleaning the seats.

Maintaining and protecting

Next simply mist some product onto a clean microfiber applicator pad and then massage the product over all the cleaned leather surfaces.

Here's a before and after shot - not super dramatic but this isn't a greasy, oily vinyl dressing it's a hi-tech coating that restores a natural sheen and leaves a dry, spill-proof surface.

And here's the final results...

Not only does the leather look good but it feels good. It's dry to the touch and clean feeling as in smooth. The leather seats are no longer grungy looking or grungy feeling.

Review
    I really liked these products. I couldn't figure out the fragrance of the leather cleaner except that it's fresh and clean smelling, same for the leather coating.

The key to keeping leather interiors looking good and feeling good is real simple.

• Find something you like
    • Use it often - about once a month, at least for the high use areas like the driver's seat

GYEON makes great products, their entire line is top notch. If you're already a fan of the GYEON line of car care products you'll love these two leather cleaning and protecting products. If you don't currently have a favorite leather cleaning and protecting duo then get these plus some microfiber towels and applicators pads. You won't be disappointed in the performance during application or the results after the final wipe.

On Autogeek.com

GYEON Q2M Leather Cleaner

GYEON Q2 Leather Coat - 120 ml

All GYEON products

2004 Acura TSX

Mike Phillips

Re: Review: GYEON Q2M Leather Cleaner and GYEON Q2 Leather Coat by Mike Phillips

***bump***

Now available on the Autogeek.com store and on the What's New Page

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: GYEON Q2M Leather Cleaner and GYEON Q2 Leather Coat by Mike Phillips

Thanks Mike I know this thread is a little bit old now but no attention to it

Products and results look great. Prices are nice. Next sale/order im gonna get these thanks for reviewing them. Didn't know about them till now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by MattPersman View Post

Thanks Mike I know this thread is a little bit old now but no attention to it
    Ha ha...

I would not classify this as an old thread as it's only a few months old.

An old thread to me would be 4 to 5 years or older. The key is to write accurate information that endures the test of time.

Quote Originally Posted by MattPersman View Post

Products and results look great.

Prices are nice. Next sale/order im gonna get these thanks for reviewing them. Didn't know about them till now

I say go for it.

The leather seats in this car were toast before I cleaned and coated them. The before and after transformation was hard to capture with a camera.

One thing for sure, wiping the seats with water and a microfiber towel like some recommend would have done SQUAT for the coated leather in this old Acura.

Let us know how it goes when you get around to getting the products and using them.

Post Thanks / Like

Both products work well. I have used the leather coat some time ago and it worked out well. I just used the leather cleaner and I was surprised how well it worked at cleaning up the leather surface.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post

Both products work well. I have used the leather coat some time ago and it worked out well.

I just used the leather cleaner and I was surprised how well it worked at cleaning up the leather surface.

Thanks for chiming in Mike.