autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sealant suggestions

I have heard that Adam's paint sealant is really amazing. Never used it so I can't really confirm or deny. The guy who makes all those car shampoo tests swears by it saying he is getting over a year of durability with it. If that is true you are approaching coating durability from a sealant.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I like optimum optiseal for the simplicity and looks.

Meguiars just released ultimate fast finish - a sealant in a can similar to sonar/ optiseal. Can't comment much on performance as I've just put it on yesterday, but other reviews have been +ve so far.

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    This thread is like asking "Who's the greatest rock band"?

I think it all depends on your climate, working surface, paint color, and expectation level.

That being said, I always defer to Mike P's statement of: "Find something you like, and use it often."
    Not exactly I asked a specific question I'm looking for a wax that's easy to apply and remove. I didn't come in here asking what's a broader question like what's the best wax. Yes I understand every one will have their own personal favorites but when there's a majority that suggest the same thing that's what I'm more likely to look into first I don't have the disposable cash to just got out and buy 10 different waxes and sealants just to test which one I like best. Nor do I use enough to justify doing that by the time I cycle through enough product to see what I like there's going to be a whole new line up on the market. And besides people don't seem to mind sharing their opinions I thought that was the point of a forum anyways.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harpolith View Post
    Poly Wax sounds like a rock solid performer. It's next on my list to try. There's a couple good threads floating around here somewhere about the poly wax.
    If it's better than their best of show wax I'd give it a shot I've always liked griots products maybe because it's what I started on but either way it's been so long I can't remember why I didn't care for it what I do remember is throwing out damn near half a bottle lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LP14SS View Post
    If it's better than their best of show wax I'd give it a shot I've always liked griots products maybe because it's what I started on but either way it's been so long I can't remember why I didn't care for it what I do remember is throwing out damn near half a bottle lol

It's much, much better. They've gone through quite a transformation as a company - I threw out their polishes and Best of Show liquid wax when I first started detailing because they just weren't cutting it compared to what else was out there. Every single product I try from them lately is a home run; correcting liquids, sealants/waxes, decon products, especially their PFM towels.

Poly Wax is great. It has a permanent spot on my shelf. I think Blackfire Wet Diamond is the only sealant I've used that's easier to apply and wipe off. My sealants I continually use are BFWD, Poly Wax, Rupes 808, and FK1000P.

Post Thanks / Like

How long are you guys letting fk1000p cure before you wipe it off? I know there's a lot of variables but I've been doing 30mins but am thinking I need to up it to an hr

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I let my sealants cure for overnight and waiting 1 hr in between coats. There are times I apply two coats overnight to ensure the product cures properly (every full moon). I know most users are use to the 15 min cure time and move on but I rather ensure my products bonds well to the surface.
    "I don't consider myself to be the best.. and I don't like compliments.. they distract me." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    I have heard that Adam's paint sealant is really amazing. Never used it so I can't really confirm or deny. The guy who makes all those car shampoo tests swears by it saying he is getting over a year of durability with it. If that is true you are approaching coating durability from a sealant.
    Eh It's no different than any other sealant. I have the previous version and no way got 1 year out of it. It was just tweaked. There are other sealants that come close to a year as well. Don't let the hype fool you from them.

Post Thanks / Like

No hype, just a guy's comment about it. That's why I was asking, it sounded almost too good to be true, and so it probably is The guy takes very good care of his vehicles, so he might be topping it after every wash, extending the life of the product. Hard to say.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LP14SS View Post
    Not exactly I asked a specific question I'm looking for a wax that's easy to apply and remove. I didn't come in here asking what's a broader question like what's the best wax. Yes I understand every one will have their own personal favorites but when there's a majority that suggest the same thing that's what I'm more likely to look into first I don't have the disposable cash to just got out and buy 10 different waxes and sealants just to test which one I like best. Nor do I use enough to justify doing that by the time I cycle through enough product to see what I like there's going to be a whole new line up on the market. And besides people don't seem to mind sharing their opinions I thought that was the point of a forum anyways.

Most products are easy to apply. The application of a sealant is pretty much the same based on what kind it is (wax/polymer sealant/Sillica sealant). As for removal, now there is a difference for some products. If you go with top tier sealants, you should not have any issue with that.

If you are looking for ease of application and removal as a primary criteria, I would go with a sillica spray. You just spray the panel (or towel), wipe the panel down then take a second microfiber towel to buff. The whole thing takes about 2 minutes per panel so a whole vehicle can be done in Under 30 minutes easilly and there is no hazing or dry time. The product looks amazing giving insane gloss. Durability is probably a little lower than a polymer sealant but I could not tell you by how much, I have not tested them against one an other yet.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast