autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sealant suggestions

I like how easy spray sealants are like Opti-Seal, Ultima Paint Gaurd Plus, and Wolfgang DG Spritz Sealant.

I just started using Paint Gaurd Plus and am surprised at how clean the vehicle has been after it has rained.

If I'm using a polisher to apply something, I'll go a little slower and use Optimum Poli-Seal to clean the paint some.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    I might have read a different post and clicked on your in response.

CG does get a bad rap but I think it's self inflicted. They have over what now 500 YouTube videos, most coving the same thing over and over and many times conflicting each other. They have a product line that seems to straddle itself on use and intention or just confusing on which should be chosen. While they give that POP to the paint that we all want it doesn't last long, at least in my experience and many reviews online. So I can see it being perfect for the guy who touches his car way to much and doesn't let a product do its thing as it was made but more the always wiping just to wipe to look good at all times guy you see at shows and meets

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    I completely agree with your comment I think you spot on, I think they've got too much fluff in their line up and would be taken a little bit more seriously if they cut down their product line and improved their quality. I think maybe subconsciously that's why I've never gone out of my way to purchase any of their products since like you said their YouTube channel seems so elementary plus their over inflated line just kept me at bay. Although with the amount of people saying jetseal is a decent product I may give it a try for myself !

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I also use CG jet seal. I love it and it works great. I have used it on many vehicles and when properly maintained I have squeezed 8 months out of its applications...could've made 12 but my OCD couldn't wait. I use Jetseal on lights and glass and I always get compliments on how the water just flies away off the windows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by idriveblackcars View Post
    2 coats of Jetseal with NO Toppers
    Looks good, but how long will it last?

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LP14SS View Post
    I completely agree with your comment I think you spot on, I think they've got too much fluff in their line up and would be taken a little bit more seriously if they cut down their product line and improved their quality. I think maybe subconsciously that's why I've never gone out of my way to purchase any of their products since like you said their YouTube channel seems so elementary plus their over inflated line just kept me at bay. Although with the amount of people saying jetseal is a decent product I may give it a try for myself !

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    Get the paint naked, give it a good contamination. Then apply a coat of Jetseal. I use a DA. I go around the car wait about 20 minutes then tske it off. I let the car sit inside for 24 hours then re apply a second coat. This time I drive it after I remove the sealant. Wait a week then top it with a good synthetic wax and you will have a years worth of protection through a harsh Buffalo winter. We are around the same area I'm in NE.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Looks good, but how long will it last?
    I get a year easy. I do top it with a good synthetic wax before winter.

Post Thanks / Like

Get the paint naked, give it a good contamination. Then apply a coat of Jetseal. I use a DA. I go around the car wait about 20 minutes then tske it off. I let the car sit inside for 24 hours then re apply a second coat. This time I drive it after I remove the sealant. Wait a week then top it with a good synthetic wax and you will have a years worth of protection through a harsh Buffalo winter. We are around the same area I'm in NE.
    Like they say its know how to work with your tools!!!! Depending on how you use it is how you will get the quality out! Well put! Wash, Clay, in order to get a better bonding with product to surface.
    "I don't consider myself to be the best.. and I don't like compliments.. they distract me." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aztec1987 View Post
    Not him I seen his videos there are great also Chrisfix is one of them even thou mostly his videos are about mechanics, he posted a video on his social media where he had a nice layer of frozen snow in the hood of this car and it slid right off when he pushed it.
    I love Chrisfix but for detailing tips be careful about what he suggests. In one of his videos he suggests applying a paste wax to the windshield, that is one of the worst things you can do. If that wax decides to fail in the middle of a rain storm, you will loose all visibility for about 30-60 minutes until the wiper manage to remove it all.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aztec1987 View Post
    Like they say its know how to work with your tools!!!! Depending on how you use it is how you will get the quality out! Well put! Wash, Clay, in order to get a better bonding with product to surface.
    2 coats of Jetseal followed by Black.

After polishing

Is Jetseal the best? I dunno I'm sure there are better, but it worked very well for me. And it looks friggin good!

Post Thanks / Like

I get a year easy. I do top it with a good synthetic wax before winter.
    Maybe your good synthetic wax is doing the protection and not Jet Seal?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast