autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: Autogeek's 2 Day Roadshow Detailing Class at Lake Country Pads in Oconomowoc, Wisconsin - August 12th & 13th

Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post

Wow!

Late to the game hearing about this. It's about a 2 hour drive for me.
    Been so busy lately it's hard to promote. Hope to start getting the word out this month.

Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post

Generally speaking, what time does the day start and what time does it end?

My classes here at Autogeek start at 7:30am and go to about 5:00pm.

I cover a TON of information and 90% of the time you're working on cars, not sitting in chairs so I need maximum hours for everyday and that's for the student's benefit. More time = more hands-on and more learning.

It would be easier to have a light and fluffy class where everyone sits in a chair and listens to someone drone on and on and on but that's not how I teach a class.

Interesting you should ask this question as including the start and end time is a normal function for me and our staff but when I click on the link below to the registration page the start time and end time are not listed?

I'll fix that but until then the class will start at 7:30am if I get my way. If I don't then it will start at 8:00am. From experience, the people attending my classes always show up early, chomping on the bit to get started.

Click here to register online

Or for more information call Autogeek at

1-800-869-3011 ext. 244

Hope to see you there Kevin as a long-time, positive contributing member of this forum.

Mike Phillips

Re: Autogeek's 2 Day Roadshow Detailing Class at Lake Country Pads in Oconomowoc, Wisconsin - August 12th & 13th

***Update***

Here's one of the cars this class will be working on for the class session on

Show Car Detailing

This is a 1939 Chevy 2-door Sedan Streetrod

NOTE

There's only a few more seats available for this class and then it will be SOLD OUT...

If you were sitting on the fence about whether to go or not, I hope you be there but it will sell out.

Mike Phillips

Here are some of the cars for show car detailing on Saturday.

Cars for the Wisconsin RoadShow Class!

There's only a few spaces left for this class at the Lake Country Pad Manufacturing facility in August.

This first ever Autogeek Road Show Class will take place on August 12th & August 13th at Lake Country Manufacturing in Oconomowoc, Wisconsin!

For those of you already signed up, here's some of the cars you'll be working on.

Show Car Detailing
    On Saturday we'll be using FLEX, RUPES and Griot's tools to go over show car detailing and the art of polishing paint. Here are some of the cars you'll be working on.

1969 Chevelle

Ford Econoline Van

1963 Split Window Corvette

Oldsmobile Cutlass 442

1939 Chevy 2-door Sedan Streetrod

Here are some of the cars for Sunday where we go over production detailing...

Production Detailing

On Sunday we'll be going production detailing. I don't actually teach production detailing, I teach HIGH QUALITY production detailing, there's a difference. Here's some of the cars you'll be working on...

2011 Mustang

2013 Lexus RX350

Ford F250

Post Thanks / Like

Cool cars!

I'd be interested to know how Mike lines up these vehicles(both the daily drivers and the SIV's) for his classes and I'm sure others on this forum would find it interesting? Any info you could share would be appreciated.

Looking forward to participating in this class.
    David

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by david b View Post

Cool cars!

I'd be interested to know how Mike lines up these vehicles(both the daily drivers and the SIV's) for his classes and I'm sure others on this forum would find it interesting? Any info you could share would be appreciated.
    Hmmm....

Well I think the key thing is to earn people's trust.

All my life now I've been capturing the before, during and after pictures of the cars I detail and the cars I bring in for my classes to detail.

In other words... I document my work and my classes. For years now, take my word for it we have lurkers on this forum from everywhere around the world and the pictures are a strong testimony.

A pictures tells a thousand words

I don't know anyone else that teaches classes that uses real cars and also documents everything.

Here's the deal... over time you build a history. You build a reputation that's backed up by pictures. It didn't happen overnight.

That's the big picture of how I get cool cars. In this particular situation one of the students in my May class offered to help me out with his connections. I've also had help with members on this forum that know and trust my work.

The owner and staff at Lake Country are also helping.

All-in-all --> teamwork and trust.

Quote Originally Posted by david b View Post

Looking forward to participating in this class.
    David

I'm looking forward to meeting you and working with you.

I've created a new thread with all the info needed for those attending the class. Here's the link.

Hotels and Airports near Lake Country Pad Manufacturing in Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

See you there....

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Hllywd View Post

Welcome to Wisconsin Mike.

I'm a little over an hour away from there. Do you need any cars for the class? I could supply you with a 67 GTO, and/or a 70 Monte Carlo.

If so, I won't do much with them this summer. Otherwise I was going to polish/coat them starting next week. This is COOL!

EDIT: Let me know if you need any help with the class. I can be a go-fer!

***Update***

Jesse aka Hllywd has offered us two of his personal cars for this class. I've accepted the 1967 GTO and will make the "Go" or "No Go" decision on the 1970 Monte Carlo after Yancy and I arrive to Wisconsin and have a chance to inspect the original paint.

1967 GTO - Basecoat/Clearcoat paint system

1970 Monte Carlo - Original enamel paint

Thank you for your trust Jesse!

Mike Phillips

***Update***

Andre just informed me there are only 3 more spaces left in this class and then it is SOLD OUT!

If you're sitting on the fence, don't wait long or you'll miss out....

Call Andre to sign-up and reserve your place in this class.

1-800-869-3011 x244

Mike Phillips

***Update***

Here's another car for this class... classic Cadillac Convertible...

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRivFan View Post

Great news! Will likely sign up for this one. Summer weekends in Wisconsin are precious... so there is always something competing for your time.

I think I can make this though! Woo hoo!

It would be a pleasure to meet you in person and have you in the class. The link to the store is now functional and you can always call Andrea to sign-up over the phone.

1-800-869-3011 ext. 244

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRivFan View Post

Great news! Will likely sign up for this one. Summer weekends in Wisconsin are precious... so there is always something competing for your time.

I think I can make this though! Woo hoo!

It would be a pleasure to meet you in person and have you in the class. The link to the store is now functional and you can always call Andrea to sign-up over the phone.

1-800-869-3011 ext. 244

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast