autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Flex XC3401 VRG Orbital Polisher (Dual Action)

The FLEX Orbital Polisher is rugged like a work truck but it has sophisticated electronics, like a luxury sedan. A seven-fold microprocessor offers constant speed control by tachometer generator, soft start, accelerator trigger switch, restart protection after power interruption, overload protection, temperature monitoring, and speed selection.

The bale handle and speed trigger locations make it easy to position your hands for optimum balance.
    As if that weren’t impressive enough, the FLEX Orbital Polisher has shut-off carbon brushes. When the carbon brushes wear down, the motor automatically shuts off to avoid damage.
    The FLEX Orbital Polisher can easily do most of the work for which you’d normally rely on a rotary machine, and it’s safer! The dual action nearly eliminates the risk of burns or holograms. Plus, the large stroke of 8 mm allows the polisher to cover more area faster. A 13 ft. power cord allows you to work easily around most vehicles.

The FLEX Orbital Polisher has an adjustable bale handle on the top and a speed control on the side for easy access with your thumb. A speed trigger on the underside of the polisher allows you to gradually accelerate speed as needed. The FLEX Orbital Polisher packs all these features into less than 6 pounds!

Technical Specifications:

Maximum polishing pad diameter 160 mm or 6.3 inches

Velcro pad 150 mm or 5.9 inches
    Speed without load 160-480 rpm
    Orbit (stroke length) 8 mm or 0.31 inches
    Orbit rate, without load 3200-9600 rpm
    Power input 900 Watt
    Power output 590 Watt
    Weight 2.60 kg or 5.73 lbs.
    "The true spirit of conversation consists in building on another man's observation, not overturning it." Edward G. Bulwer-Lytton

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info
    Ed

Moderator/Consultant for Autogeek.net

To achieve excellence, excellence cannot be rushed. Technique is just as important as the product used.
    While my approach takes more time, the results are far superior.

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW!
    I would personally like to Thank You Jason! I really appreciate the info and specs on the Flex. That is what I've been waiting on. I will soon purchase one through Autogeek! I have 2 rotory's and I just think this will be a great investment for my business. I'll be calling to order mine soon! Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone have a speed chart for the Flex? I just got one but all the speed information that comes with the machine only refers to RPM not OPM.
    You like Nattys, I like Souveran, and Justin is DP MaxWax. And you know what, its alright !!
    -Killrwheels

Post Thanks / Like
    ALERT ----

these puppies are going fast and on backorder with most retailers. Order now if you want one before it becomes the holiday present that nobody can touch .

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    ALERT ----

these puppies are going fast and on backorder with most retailers. Order now if you want one before it becomes the holiday present that nobody can touch .

These are like the detailer's version of Tickle Me Elmo.
    You like Nattys, I like Souveran, and Justin is DP MaxWax. And you know what, its alright !!
    -Killrwheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Which version is everyone planning on getting? I may wait to see if these flex's are as great as everyone says they are.

Post Thanks / Like
    -Shipping Note-

The November shipment of FLEX polishers is sold out! You can still reserve your FLEX polisher – the next shipment is estimated to arrive the second week of January. We will ship out the rest of your order now and ship the FLEX separately when it arrives. When you receive your FLEX, you will also receive a FREE Edge 2000 Shoulder Holder Detailing Apron for your patience.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyC View Post
    Anyone have a speed chart for the Flex? I just got one but all the speed information that comes with the machine only refers to RPM not OPM.
    Flex speeds -
    Level 1: 160 RPM, 3,200 OPM
    Level 2: 200 RPM, 4,000 OPM
    Level 3: 270 RPM, 5,400 OPM
    Level 4: 330 RPM, 6,600 OPM
    Level 5: 400 RPM, 8,000 OPM
    Level 6: 480 RPM, 9,600 OPM

Post Thanks / Like
    So is it true that these accomplish the same work as a rotary? Or is that just a claim by the company? And how much do they run?