autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Advice needed - Equipment for Auto Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by Goonie75 View Post
    No. No need to change weights. Just plate. Others may know more about this specific items. As for the 2 bucket method it's good for reducing scratches you may reintroduce by washing. Breaking car up into pieces can help with this too. I wouldn't use a dg for interior really. IMHO. I stick to apo diluted or interior specific product likes ones found here on AGO.

Again there are others that are very wise here and there are lots to read if you get the chance.

Peace
    Okay thanks, I'll go with the 5" bc then. I'll look into the 2 bucket method as well. I'll take your advise on the DG for interior cleaning as I was skeptical about it in the first place.What's APO diluted though?

Quote Originally Posted by Guyb View Post
    How did you end up with a PC without a wrench? If they are new they come with the wrench.
    I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think it's coming with the wrench. I"m ordering it from Amazon, and the description says "bare tool" under included components.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    Chemical guys can accommodate your budget. As far as polishes stick with a all in one or d151 and fg 400.200 is really hard to put a plan together good luck on your new adventure.
    Hi, thanks for the input. The budget of $200 doesn't include polishes, cleaning supplies, microfibre cloths etc....... those stuff I'll just buy in small quantities locally until I can order in bulk. The Budget of $200 is mainly for the equipment I'll need to start out with. Which as far as I gather is the polisher, a set of pads, and some brushes for the interior.

The FG400 seems like a great product. What are your views on combining this with Chemical Guys Jet Seal as a 2 step polish and seal to start out with?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't really care for the polishes from them.I stick with sonax ,the gg6 is a awesome machine for 149.00.Get some thin pro pads for that machine.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone has any reviews on the D151? What sort of results does it give? I'm checking it out, and it doesn't seem to be a bad product.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    I don't really care for the polishes from them.I stick with sonax ,the gg6 is a awesome machine for 149.00.Get some thin pro pads for that machine.
    Polishes from who? Chemical Guys?

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure where you are going to get microfiber locally, but part store and big box store mf's aren't good. Just order a few online.
    ​1991 BRG Miata
    Brad's Detailed Touch
    https://www.facebook.com/Bradsdetailedtouch1

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coopers ST View Post
    Not sure where you are going to get microfiber locally, but part store and big box store mf's aren't good. Just order a few online.
    Okay thanks for the advice, was just gonna pick up a 24-pack that i usually use to wash down the cars. I'll check out a place locally that sells a lot of Chemical Guys products and see how reasonable they are, if not, I'll order them

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah steer clear of chem guys especially on a budget. Most pros use a couple of their products at max because they can see through marketing and cost efficiency.
    Also I was under the impression the GG6 was stronger than the pc 7424 but 5" pads on both are best.
    Warranty on the GG6 is fantastic.
    The PC will come with a wrench. The bare tool means no pads.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DScherer14 View Post
    Yeah steer clear of chem guys especially on a budget. Most pros use a couple of their products at max because they can see through marketing and cost efficiency.
    Also I was under the impression the GG6 was stronger than the pc 7424 but 5" pads on both are best.
    Warranty on the GG6 is fantastic.
    The PC will come with a wrench. The bare tool means no pads.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    Thanks for the input. I ended up going with the pc 7424 with 5" pads from chemical guys. I see you noted to steer clear of chemical guys, I was actually thinking of starting off using their polishes. Any particular reason you said to steer clear of them? Or any other line of compounds, polishes and sealants you recommend that may be more cost effective, or work around the same for a similar cost?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike93 View Post
    Thanks for the input. I ended up going with the pc 7424 with 5" pads from chemical guys. I see you noted to steer clear of chemical guys, I was actually thinking of starting off using their polishes. Any particular reason you said to steer clear of them? Or any other line of compounds, polishes and sealants you recommend that may be more cost effective, or work around the same for a similar cost?
    Their polishes are the biggest thing you need to steer clear of, just simple garbage. For a just beginner with no brand loyalty I would recommend getting HD cut, speed, polish, and poxy. That's your compound and polish line. Hd speed can do a fair bit of correcting on a microfiber cutting pad and finishes nice. It'll even remove decent swirls and finish nicely with a compound foam like orange or a medium compound/polish firmness pad. An alternative is M105 and M205 and paint correction cream and their reconditioning cream. Those are right in between the m105 and 205 on cut. It's m105, paint correction compound, m205, paint reconditioning cream or something. Might be getting those other 2 names mixed up, but you don't really need more than m105 and 205, if you wanted to be a little bit more deluxe beginner, I'd go with the 3dproducts I listed. HdSpeed namely. If you haven't already, watch this video from Mike on polishing. Fantastic video. Actually here's the whole playlist but the exterior video is what you'd watch first.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...4mUqaB4UuPQ91m

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast