autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Got a little anxiety going on here lol need advice for possible first paying job.

Quote Originally Posted by RMarkJr View Post

the autoscrub is by nanoskin ... its a 6 inch synthetic clay disc that goes on an orbital.
    Oh I don't like those things... IME they marr the heck out of the paint.

That little towel + the 7"x7" Med Grade Speedy Prep Towel are the only ones I like. As far as claybar, I like Meguiars C-2000 Professional Detailing Clay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Got a little anxiety going on here lol need advice for possible first paying job.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Oh I don't like those things... IME they marr the heck out of the paint.

That little towel + the 7"x7" Med Grade Speedy Prep Towel are the only ones I like. As far as claybar, I like Meguiars C-2000 Professional Detailing Clay.

ya the only clay bar that i have tried so far is that smooth detailing clay kit from meguiars ... didnt like it much

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Got a little anxiety going on here lol need advice for possible first paying job.

ya the only clay bar that i have tried so far is that smooth detailing clay kit from meguiars ... didnt like it much
    What didn't you like about it?

Post Thanks / Like

What didn't you like about it?

well when I went over the the whole car ... and before checking I spot compounded .. then polished the whole thing really good. Then I decide to do the baggie test ... bumps all over still. I should have either used something more aggressive or iron-x before the clay bar

Post Thanks / Like

well when I went over the the whole car ... and before checking I spot compounded .. then polished the whole thing really good. Then I decide to do the baggie test ... bumps all over still. I should have either used something more aggressive or iron-x before the clay bar
    Ya it tends to be pretty mild.. Try doing a heavily contaminated vehicle and takes a good long while with most claybars including that 1.

Post Thanks / Like

Ya it tends to be pretty mild.. Try doing a heavily contaminated vehicle and takes a good long while with most claybars including that 1.

been hearing good things about .. I think its called clay magic. I might try that .. and the meguiars aggressive one

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I predict his girls brother will balk at $300... I'm not saying it's not a proper price, it's just that friends & relatives have a mentality that they're gonna get hooked up, or they're just flat out cheap or don't know the amount of work that goes into it. Sucks but it's true.

That's why I tell people, The real money isn't going to come from your known people... It's going to come from the reference people aka the people who don't know you from jack but actually Need their vehicle detailed.

Trying to make good bank from the people you already know can be a losing battle. But if they recommend you to some people they know you begin to see a different breed of customer that actually needs your service, instead of someone who thinks it would be "neat" to have their car detailed.

Just my 2 cents.

I completely agree on this. I used to do screen printing on the side and family and friends always had the mentality that they were going to get the family(hook-up) price. I learned the hard way and wouldn't do it again. I suggest charge what you would normally charge. I don't detail for a living so I can't help you on how much you should charge, but good luck and hopefully it works out for you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poohbear View Post
    I completely agree on this. I used to do screen printing on the side and family and friends always had the mentality that they were going to get the family(hook-up) price. I learned the hard way and wouldn't do it again. I suggest charge what you would normally charge. I don't detail for a living so I can't help you on how much you should charge, but good luck and hopefully it works out for you.
    well this one didnt

this is from page 3

Well update ... on the SUV .. ended up being a suburban and not a Tahoe. A completely wrapped Suburban at that. I first said that I would include the foam cannon .. two bucket wash ... air dry...clean the rims, inner rim, wheel wells, dress tires, wheel wells, clean door jams, clean gas lid area, clean glass inside and out, and put a wax or sealant on it (depending what is best for the wrap) for 200 and then trim restore for 50 more. I figured 200 mainly due to having to wax that big ass thing more than likely by hand ... i dont think I like doing it by machine as of now.

They then said that the company they work for does it for 65. No idea what all they actually do or how well they do it.

I thought about it for awhile and said I would do all that I listed for 125 since there was not going to be any paint correction at all .. and I kinda know the people (girlfriends, friends sister and husband)

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

well this one didnt

this is from page 3

Well update ... on the SUV .. ended up being a suburban and not a Tahoe. A completely wrapped Suburban at that. I first said that I would include the foam cannon .. two bucket wash ... air dry...clean the rims, inner rim, wheel wells, dress tires, wheel wells, clean door jams, clean gas lid area, clean glass inside and out, and put a wax or sealant on it (depending what is best for the wrap) for 200 and then trim restore for 50 more. I figured 200 mainly due to having to wax that big ass thing more than likely by hand ... i dont think I like doing it by machine as of now.

They then said that the company they work for does it for 65. No idea what all they actually do or how well they do it.

I thought about it for awhile and said I would do all that I listed for 125 since there was not going to be any paint correction at all .. and I kinda know the people (girlfriends, friends sister and husband)
    It was probably for the best.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on Saying No! I Might Wash a Burban for 65 for somebody i Know.
    Don't feel Bad about Not getting the Job You'll Get plenty More. It's All part Of the Game.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast