autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Ok I am about to buy a Rupes and I really need to know for sure ..

I am about to buy a rupes. I am looking at the mark II 21 and the mark II 15. I am leaning towards the 21 for the bigger pad size and power. Now when I say power I see that they both claim to be 30% more powerful than the previous model. BUT I have seen numerous comments that say the mark II 21 is more powerful than the mark II 15, meaning that its harder to get it to stall. This to me does not make sense due to the power increase on both of the polishers and as far as I can tell the only difference is the pad size.

so there is that.

also I want to know what is the smallest pad size that you can use on the mark II 21? I do see 4inch Rupes pads on this site ... but I thought that the mark II only went down to 5 inch pads? If you can do it and it just vibrates a little .... thats fine.. im coming from a PC .. so I am not concerned with a little vibration.

is there even a 4 inch backing plate option for the Rupes mark II 21?

also is the rupes microfiber pads worth anything? I have seen reviews on amazon .. and they arent good.

and the HD model .. is the only difference the power cord?

Thanks for the help

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ok I am about to buy a Rupes and I really need to know for sure ..

You tube rupes and Jason rose you need more research at this time

Post Thanks / Like

You cannot use a 4" backing plate on a Rupes 15 or 21.

Yes, the only difference in the HD model is the cord.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mbkite View Post
    You tube rupes and Jason rose you need more research at this time

I will look at that video .. if I havent seen it before. Yes I agree with the more research .. but really at this point I dont really know how much more research I can do. I think I have about exhausted youtube and google on the subject. Seriously every single day its youtube videos .. goodle searches .. and here for detailing info on different things for about the past 2 months. I have also been on a pretty big buying spree in the time frame as well. But as for the research part .. thats also why I am here and am looking for people who are familiar with both machines that could tell me if the mark II 15 really does stall easier than the MarkII 21 even with the same power.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    You cannot use a 4" backing plate on a Rupes 15 or 21.

Yes, the only difference in the HD model is the cord.

Hmmm if its just the cord that doesnt really seem worth it lol Who cares about the cord being a bit longer and bigger? surely they didnt put a smaller cord on the standard machine that can supply the right amount of power?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RMarkJr View Post
    Hmmm if its just the cord that doesnt really seem worth it lol Who cares about the cord being a bit longer and bigger? surely they didnt put a smaller cord on the standard machine that can supply the right amount of power?
    Correct, the cord on the regular machine is more than capable to supply the power it needs. The thing is [and this is my opinion] that alot of people don't use an adequate enough extension cord when they connect their polisher. I guess it'll work on most occasions with a 16ga. cord, but don't be surprised if your polisher doesn't seem to be running at full power.

Having the extra long cord is ideal for people who work inside their garage or are within a close distance to a wall outlet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Correct, the cord on the regular machine is more than capable to supply the power it needs. The thing is [and this is my opinion] that alot of people don't use an adequate enough extension cord when they connect their polisher. I guess it'll work on most occasions with a 16ga. cord, but don't be surprised if your polisher doesn't seem to be running at full power.

Having the extra long cord is ideal for people who work inside their garage or are within a close distance to a wall outlet.

got ya .. that makes sense.

so you know anything about the Rupes mark II 21 being more powerful than the Rupes Mark II 15 .. even when the both have the same 30% power increase? Power as in the pad stalling out?

But then again .. if you cant do 4 inch pads on either one then there isnt really a point to the mark II 15 .. as you can do 6 inch pads.. 7 inch pads and 5 inch pads on the mark II 21 ... where on the mark II 15 I imagine that it might be a little harder to up to the bigger pad sizes like the 7 inch pad with a 6 inch backing plate ... hmmm

Post Thanks / Like

Ok I am about to buy a Rupes and I really need to know for sure ..

Quote Originally Posted by RMarkJr View Post
    got ya .. that makes sense.

so you know anything about the Rupes mark II 21 being more powerful than the Rupes Mark II 15 .. even when the both have the same 30% power increase? Power as in the pad stalling out?

But then again .. if you cant do 4 inch pads on either one then there isnt really a point to the mark II 15 .. as you can do 6 inch pads.. 7 inch pads and 5 inch pads on the mark II 21 ... where on the mark II 15 I imagine that it might be a little harder to up to the bigger pad sizes like the 7 inch pad with a 6 inch backing plate ... hmmm
    I don't have a Rupes. But isn't that 30% more power vs. the previous versions? [legacy model]
    If so, I'm pretty sure the Rupes Legacy 21 is more powerful than the Rupes Legacy 15.. I'm interested to see what Rupes 21 Markll owners have to say about it being great because you can run 7", 6", and 5" pads on it... I know that's why I like my G21, but I haven't heard anyone say that about the Rupes 21 Markll.

Post Thanks / Like

I have both 15 and 21 mk2. 15 is smoother and 21 is more powerfull and doesnt stall easily. I love both of them. I had some stalling problems with my 15 but i took the washer mod off and did sanding mod and now it works alot better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joel1979 View Post
    I have both 15 and 21 mk2. 15 is smoother and 21 is more powerfull and doesnt stall easily. I love both of them. I had some stalling problems with my 15 but i took the washer mod off and did sanding mod and now it works alot better.
    Thanks for the reply .. thats so weird that the 15 stalls easier than the 21 even with the same 30% increase in power. I havent heard of the sanding mod. With that did it match the power of the 21 with the stalling? or is it still short?

do you ever use the 7 inch pads on the Rupes 21 and or the 5 inch pads on the 21?

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast