autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Training Cars for the May 2017 Competition Ready Detailing Class here at Autogeek in Stuart, Florida

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Low mileage 1966 Mustang
    Local car guy just bought this classic Mustang. He was told it had the original paint but I tested it and the paint appears to be a basecoat/clearcoat paint system. It has lots of swirls and contamination. The interior is also very grimy.

I had a car like that, briefly. It had been repainted to a puke green color by Earl Scheib, with some crappy body work. So I did some slightly better crappy body work to it, and my friend and I repainted it to the original factory gold color...which didn't look anything like the color in your pictures.

Although, I guess it looked like this: Sauterne Gold Green 1966 Ford Mustang Hardtop - MustangAttitude.com Photo Detail which is maybe why Earl Scheib painted it green.

Do you think they matched that BC/CC to a different factory color? Although it seems unlikely they would have two gold colors in the same year.

Mike Phillips

Re: Training Cars for the May 2017 Competition Ready Detailing Class here at Autogeek in Stuart, Florida

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post

I had a car like that, briefly.

It had been repainted to a puke green color by Earl Scheib, with some crappy body work. So I did some slightly better crappy body work to it, and my friend and I repainted it to the original factory gold color...which didn't look anything like the color in your pictures.

Do you think they matched that BC/CC to a different factory color?

Although it seems unlikely they would have two gold colors in the same year.

Great question about the correct gold color for a classic Mustang but I don't know the answer. The owner just purchased this car. I'll ask him when he drops it off this week for the class.

Post Thanks / Like

Im so ready !!!!!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by axel06 View Post
    Im so ready !!!!!
    Are you attending this class?

I don't see you name on the list?

I hope so, but I don't see your name on the list?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes im in let me call Andre

Post Thanks / Like

I spoke to Andre. Its all good, cant wait another amazzing class

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by axel06 View Post

I spoke to Andre. Its all good, cant wait another amazzing class

Good to hear!

We starting setting up the garage for the class tomorrow!

Cars have already started to arrive.

There will be 13 cars for this class plus a few rentals.

Post Thanks / Like

You always find such cool vehicles for your 3 day detailing classes. I can't wait to see the 1969 GTO, 1932 Deuce Coupe and the 1948 Buick Super Roadmaster Convertible once they've been detailed.

Post Thanks / Like

Wonderful. Cant wait Getting in town around noonish

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123