autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Carpro Perl - 1st use, quik review

I was fortunate enough to be given a generous sample of Carpro Perl to try out by 1 of our fellow Autogeeks. A true nice guy and gentleman, so much so that he prefers to not be mentioned by name, but he knows who he is, and I can't thank him enough for the pleasure it was to exchange products and chat in person.

Onto the quik review and to find out what the big fuss could be with this water based silicon oxide coat for multi surface use.

PERL Coat Plastic & Rubber Protectant, vinyl and rubber dressing, interior protectant

I diluted it 1:1 with distilled water and took it straight to freshly cleaned and dried tires.

1st I tried using a foam applicator, initial thoughts were "wow this sure is watery" thin consistency, too thin..

I didn't like my 1st feel with it...

So I switched to a more familiar applicator: my trusty tire dressing brush, but 1st I had to wipe it clean with a dry paper towel to prevent cross contamination of my review.

Once I had the proper applicator things began looking and feeling much better.

Just look at the difference in the area inside the wheel well where I sprayed product vs. where I missed. Night & day.

It dries fast. And I must say, it looks pretty darn good.

Doesn't feel greasy once it dries, smell isn't quite as good as Hyper Dressing, but certainly not offensive, more of a strict chemical smell, but seems proper.

Claims to last up to 3 months and I figure @ 1:1 it should see at least half that? If so it could be worth the hype. So far I think I like it.
    Thx for reading.

Sent from my iPhone

2. Thanks Commander2874 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carpro Perl - 1st use, quik review

Good review. I have not tried PERL as an exterior option, however it has become my new favorite interior diluted about 1:5. Please let us know how it holds up as a tire dressing.

4. Thanks Dan Tran thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It looks VERY similar to DG 253 on the tires.

Post Thanks / Like

Has anybody tried Angelwax Elixir.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review. I have used it undiluted for black exterior trim and found that 3 months was just about right. I see it even got your cat's approval.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Helltopay View Post
    Nice review. I have used it undiluted for black exterior trim and found that 3 months was just about right. I see it even got your cat's approval.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    The cat's in the way of the camera more than you know. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone

9. Likes osiapstndp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I was fortunate enough to be given a generous sample of Carpro Perl to try out by 1 of our fellow Autogeeks. A true nice guy and gentleman, so much so that he prefers to not be mentioned by name, but he knows who he is, and I can't thank him enough for the pleasure it was to exchange products and chat in person.

Onto the quik review and to find out what the big fuss could be with this water based silicon oxide coat for multi surface use.

PERL Coat Plastic & Rubber Protectant, vinyl and rubber dressing, interior protectant

I diluted it 1:1 with distilled water and took it straight to freshly cleaned and dried tires.

1st I tried using a foam applicator, initial thoughts were "wow this sure is watery" thin consistency, too thin..

I didn't like my 1st feel with it...

So I switched to a more familiar applicator: my trusty tire dressing brush, but 1st I had to wipe it clean with a dry paper towel to prevent cross contamination of my review.

Once I had the proper applicator things began looking and feeling much better.

Just look at the difference in the area inside the wheel well where I sprayed product vs. where I missed. Night & day.

It dries fast. And I must say, it looks pretty darn good.

Doesn't feel greasy once it dries, smell isn't quite as good as Hyper Dressing, but certainly not offensive, more of a strict chemical smell, but seems proper.

Claims to last up to 3 months and I figure @ 1:1 it should see at least half that? If so it could be worth the hype. So far I think I like it.
    Thx for reading.

Sent from my iPhone
    You won't get anywhere near 3 months with perl.you would be lucky if you get a week or some rain.

Post Thanks / Like

Good product but not what it claims in durability.

Post Thanks / Like

I use it strictly for interiors. Makes black interiors look awesome!
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

While it may not be as durable as others,you won't get that discoloration some other products more might leave. It goes on so easily it's not a big deal to throw a quick refresher coat on. I am using the lake country round applicator for it. Just put it in a ziplock bag between uses rather than wash it after every use.Being water based,rain is not its friend. I have seen zero sling once it is dry,even with 2 coats. I still have it at the top of my list of favorites.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast