autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Grrrrrrrrrrr

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Grrrrrrrrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    Yeah, buying is no good for me... I get bored of vehicles too fast LOL
    The RS is tough to find, period. But who knows if I really look outside of my "local" range.

The Lexus RC is not bad... nice looking car.

Sadly I've test-driven a 2 series and I was SEVERELY underwhelmed by it. It wasn't fast, nor did it handle well. And no touch screen? It's 2017!!!!!
    The good thing is maybe more options will be out there by the time I'm ready to lease again.
    Right now tops on my list is the Jaguar F-Type.
    What 2 series did you drive, 230iX or 240iX? I'm surprised to hear you found it underwhelming. While I hate to say it, the AWD may have been a big part of the disappointment. Over the last year, I've been driving a lot of cars to find something fun to replace my GTI by this time next year...I'm way ahead of the game...I know, but test drives are a lot of fun.

In both the case of the IS350 and the 335/340, I found the AWD versions of the cars to be a snore. In the case of the IS, I had no RWD version to compare, so it's off the list for good. In fact I found the FWD biased AWD Audi S3 more entertaining than an AWD BMW 3 series. The BMW was nearly off the list until I got a test drive in a RWD 340 with the Track Handling Package. Compared to the AWD car with the same equipment, it was no contest. I noticed the differences in weight and ride height almost immediately. I found the RWD version of the car to be more enjoyable in every metric from the driver seat...steering, throttle, handling, body control, balance, the whole bit. It was plenty fast for me and I actually spooked myself a bit during the test drive because it would get to the edge of my "public road comfort zone" so quickly/easily. That much power in a much smaller car like a 2 series should make it really quick! I don't know of any other coupes in the 2 series price/size with the 320hp found in the M240.

I don't know any of the higher end car makers who still used a touch screen. Merc, Audi, BMW, Lexus, and I think Inifinity, all use a knob-like controller of some fashion to run their in-car systems. They all abandoned touch screens long ago, or never had them in the first place.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    Yeah, buying is no good for me... I get bored of vehicles too fast LOL
    The RS is tough to find, period. But who knows if I really look outside of my "local" range.

The Lexus RC is not bad... nice looking car.

Sadly I've test-driven a 2 series and I was SEVERELY underwhelmed by it. It wasn't fast, nor did it handle well. And no touch screen? It's 2017!!!!!
    The good thing is maybe more options will be out there by the time I'm ready to lease again.
    Right now tops on my list is the Jaguar F-Type.
    The F -Type is going to by my next car, it is simply breath taking.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

The "Japanese Mustang", this is what I call the car. The regular RC has what, 306 hp and AWD as an option and then you can go for the F-sport which gives it an even better look, especially the rims. This car always turns my head when I see them and they've been around for a while, IMO, that's a job well done. Now even with AWD I'd get a set of cheaper wheels and put winter tires on them and take full advantage of the AWD.
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Ofcoarse not the SVR but AWD is still an option!

Post Thanks / Like

...shame on me for not posting one in this color, I mean its British afterall!

Post Thanks / Like

G A M E O V A ! ! !

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think there is a more beautiful car on the road than the F-Type. British Racing Green is the only color it should be offered...with saddle brown leather interior. If that option is truly in the running; game over. Toss out everything else I've suggested.

Even though I'm not in the market for the RC, I'd really like to drive one. It's a little heavy, so I'm interested to see how well that 306hp moves it around. However, if you're going to stack it up against an F-Type you might as well look at the RC F. The 460hp V8 is probably more than up to the task.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I don't think there is a more beautiful car on the road than the F-Type. British Racing Green is the only color it should be offered...with saddle brown leather interior. If that option is truly in the running; game over. Toss out everything else I've suggested.

Even though I'm not in the market for the RC, I'd really like to drive one. It's a little heavy, so I'm interested to see how well that 306hp moves it around. However, if you're going to stack it up against an F-Type you might as well look at the RC F. The 460hp V8 is probably more than up to the task.
    Personally for me, red is the bomb on the f type. And it would have to be the roadster.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post

Ofcoarse not the SVR but AWD is still an option!
    I'm interested in finding a AWD for my wife in Oct,she also gets bored with cars. Currently driving a VW CC 4motion executive edition,she loves the vr6 power and the awd in the snow

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 2011 302; 01-12-2017 at 06:37 AM. Reason: These cars listed are 70-100k no go

Post Thanks / Like

The Lexus RC350 is a great ride, it's got kick to it but the awd system tanks through the snow.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.