autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Piano Black Gloss Interior Trim

Just purchased a MB AMG GLC43 with Piano Black Gloss Interior trim that dominates the center counsel. I'm already noticing hairline scratches on this trim. Is there a product/polish I can purchase to buff out/fill the scratches and maintain the high gloss finish? I appreciate your advice and expertise. Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Piano Black Gloss Interior Trim

You could try and use a polish by hand with a foam applicator to see if you can get those defects out. Do you have any polishes on hand?

To protect it I would recommend is this one. You could also use any other coating but this has been doing well in my dad's car on the plastic pieces I applied it to.

CarPro Cquartz Leather Coating

I have a review on this and I used it on the dash pieces on my dad's car.

Review - CarPro Cquartz Leather Coating

Post Thanks / Like

Someone did a write up on this I think on a Facebook group. Not sure what products they used. I'll search and see if I can find it.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!

Super Member CarolinasFinestDetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome! You can try to hand polish with a fine finishing polish and a microfiber applicator. These trim pieces are unfortunately super soft. A ceramic coating will help to maintain their gloss for sure. But as for scratching, just be careful wiping these areas down.
    Carolina`s Finest Detailing - Charlotte areas preferred CQuartz Finest Reserve & GTECHNIQ Crystal Serum Ultra coating center. STEK/Suntek PPF
    www.Carolinasfinestdetailing.me

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Mercedes C AMG with the satin wood interior (chosen exactly for the reason you are experiencing).

The touch control pad though has the same issues and I have used car pro reflect on a mini rotary with 1' pad approx. 1000rpm low load, and it improves things markedly. I was careful to apply masking tape adjacent to the button / moulding edges as I didn't want to chase polish out of the gaps afterwards..

You will in time also have swirling on the B pillar trims and the same process and product but with either 2" or 3" pads will cure this equally..

Post Thanks / Like

IME some of the cheap microfiber applicators can be pretty abrasive on plastics. I might start with a soft foam pad or lens cloth. I'd also look for the most inconspicuous spot to test it out first before going front and center.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

where did you find the car pro reflect product, mini rotary and pads? are they all car pro brand? appreciate your advice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by debsauto View Post
    where did you find the car pro reflect product, mini rotary and pads? are they all car pro brand? appreciate your advice.
    Well I'm on the Gold Coast in Oz, so my supply chain will likely differ from yours

Carpro have very good distribution. (There are numerous other options for a superfine diminishing polishes, I happen to have had great results with this).
    Suggest pop onto their website and check what's local to you, pretty sure Autogeek store also has it.

Re my rotary polisher, well its a shinemate, but any rotary polisher which is compact and allows access (likely with an extension bar) easily in a controlled manner will be OK.
    You will be making light (low load) passes at low speed (1000 rpm) and take your time. Fine scratches come out easily BUT if you work to hard you may end up marring the soft surface, hence the low load and speed.
    Re pads any finishing pad in small dia' will work well. Even cutting an existing finishing pad down into a number of small discs works fine.

It is likely this can be achieved by hand too.. its always worth trying the simple method first... try what you have with similar characteristics to the above, eg meguiars plast X and a micfofibre cloth may well work (I haven't tried this but....).

All the best.

Oh and the comments re coating are also worth considering once you are happy with the results of your correction..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast