autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Custom Paint Job - 1980 Corvette - RUPES & Gyeon - Extreme Show Car Makeover at Autogeek

Custom Paint Job - 1980 Corvette - RUPES & Gyeon - Extreme Show Car Makeover at Autogeek

This car belongs to my buddy Jim, I needed a cool car for some great pictures for two of my classes at Mobile Tech Expo in Orlando in a few weeks. Jim's car has a great custom paint job but there were still some sanding marks and holograms left in the paint so it worked perfect for my RUPES class and my Gyeon class.

Here's before....

Under florescent lights, the paint looks pretty good!

Look ma... no swirls - no scratches....

Now lets see what's really going on....

These my friend are holograms....

If you detail cars at a professional level or you work in a body shop - you want this light.

On Autogeek.com

SCANGRIP Sunmatch

Mike Phillips

Re: Custom Paint Job - 1980 Corvette - RUPES & Gyeon - Extreme Show Car Makeover at Autogeek

Continued....

Here's my team. From left to right...

Al, Jeff, Frank, John, Brian

Here's the after shots....

I'll post the process we used and the product we used tomorrow plus some of the action shots.

On Autogeek.com

GYEON Q2 Mohs Ceramic Paint Coating

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Custom Paint Job - 1980 Corvette - RUPES & Gyeon - Extreme Show Car Makeover at Autogeek

It came out real nice. The team did a great job!

The Rupes system did a great job at removing the swirls and sanding marks.

All of the Rupes tools (except for pneumatic) were used to tackle this job...the 21, 15, Duetto, Mini, and the iBrid.

I was impressed by the Gyeon products used. The coating is very easy to apply and wipe off. Even the Gyeon towels used were nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Great stuff I want those blue towels to wipe off coating.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    Great stuff I want those blue towels to wipe off coating.
    ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ronkh57 View Post
    ???
    The Gyeon blue micro fluff towels are really soft and fluffy and well made Edgeless as well.super soft and just feels right in your hand total control.I don't think they sell them separate from the kit.There so good I would pay 15.00 for each of them.I could be wrong about buying separate I will see Tommorow.

Post Thanks / Like

Just checked they do sell them separate for 8.00 each.Gonna get some Tommorow I'm not a micro addict but I want those.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    Just checked they do sell them separate for 8.00 each.Gonna get some Tommorow I'm not a micro addict but I want those.
    Yep, I'm pretty sure they were these:

GYEON Soft Wipe Microfiber Towel 16x24

Nice towels!

Post Thanks / Like

No doubt that Jim, the owner of this flashy Corvette, was a proud car guy when he left his baby at the Autogeek's Show Car Garage for some detailing. I hope Mike took a picture of his friend's face when he returned to pick up his car the next day. What an incredible transformation! The Rupes system came through brilliantly. I enjoyed my first opportunity to work with the iBrid polisher. It really saved time and effort in the tight places like the round tail-lights, the front fender vents, door locks and handles, etc. The white pad is very effective for its size. The GYEON coating and related products made the final step easy and most satisfying. The custom shiny paint-job became a glassy sculpture last evening. Thank you for trusting us with your beautiful ride, Jim. Enjoy it in good health. Thanks to Mike and the team for another great experience. Al

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome job! The 1980 Corvette looks amazing.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast