autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Video - How to properly wash your car - Rinseless Wash - Waterless Wash - Gentle Approach - Aggressive Approach

Another excellent video Mike, and a great refresher for those that may not do this on a regular basis.
    "Each one, teach one"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Video - How to properly wash your car - Rinseless Wash - Waterless Wash - Gentle Approach - Aggressive Approach

Thank you Mike! great video!
    Raydiant Reflections Auto Detailing
    Website
    Facebook

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by FrankS View Post

Excellent video!

Four methods of washing your car very thoroughly explained and demonstrated in a simple to understand way

Thanks Frank.

Quote Originally Posted by xanthic24 View Post

Thanks for the awesome video Mike!

I have become a huge fan of rinseless washing and that's all I do on both my daily driver and my weekend car.
    For some people the Rinseless wash option is a great way to keep their car clean.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharply Dressed View Post

Great video that serves both the newbie and old timer. Great reminders.
    Thank you sir....

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post

Excellent!
    Thanks Mike...

Quote Originally Posted by paul_g View Post

Great videos Mike!
    Thanks Paul!

Quote Originally Posted by jsgntulok View Post

Thanks Mike. Great tutorial.

I do rinseless wash a bit differently. Once I mix my rinseless solution (ONR) I put pre-folded microfiber towels into the solution. As I take each soaked towel out of the solution, I don't wring it at all. My feeling is the wetter the towel is, the less chance of abrasion. Even with this method, I use less than three gallons of solution to wash both of our Subaru Outbacks.
    That sounds like a great technique.

Just to be completely honest, I don't use the Rinseless wash technique but instead use one of the other three methods as they better suit the type of cars and the type of detailing projects I'm working on.

The most important thing is to find an approach that works best for your specific needs and then tweak it and perfect it.

If you watch the video again, notice I'm using a Grit Guard Pad Washing Cart to hold my bucket for the Rinseless Wash.

The reason for this is because I'm naturally lazy and I don't like to bend over. I especially don't like to bend over and over and over again...

If you do a lot of Rinseless washing, I'd highly recommend looking into getting a Grit Guard Pad Washing Car. Not only will it stop you from having to bend over but it also provides you a shelves for your towles, wheel brushes, etc.

Grit Guard Universal Detailing Cart

I use the Grit Guard Pad Washer Cart for holding my sanding papers or sanding discs too when doing a wetsanding project for the same reason, I don't have to bend over to grab a sandpaper or a sanding disc.

Same thing for washing cars, instead of having a bucket on the ground... have you bucket at waist height.

Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post
    Mike-

Great video on the 4 car wash methods. Thanks for taking the time to make this and put it up on the site.

Thanks Kevin.... I'm just the guy doing the talking... the company makes everything happen, and Yancy too...

Quote Originally Posted by runrun411 View Post

Nice video Mike.
    Thank you sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Justin@FinalInspection View Post

Great video!

Thanks Justin...

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Parker View Post

Another excellent video Mike, and a great refresher for those that may not do this on a regular basis.

"Each one, teach one"

Thanks Craig.... that saying goes way back to a time and place where I taught a young man the craft of car detailing on a Ferrari, the name of the thread is,

Each one, teach one... Ferrari Fiorano 355 F1 Spider

Quote Originally Posted by RaydiantDetail View Post

Thank you Mike! great video!

Thanks for all the comments and feedback everyone, it's very much appreciated...

Post Thanks / Like

I just can't bring myself to doing rinseless washes. The traditional wash is the way to go. You don't need 30 MF towels, much less technique, faster(not having to be so cautious), cleaner in crevices, and cleaner tires/wheels/fender wells. Some say rinseless is less prone to scratching, well, I will never believe that!

Great video, though!
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Mike,

Thanks again for the excellent video. My eyes opened when you talked about the "Aggressive" method. Makes so much sense and will definitely save me some time. Will also go hand in hand with me trying the new Griots Iron and Fallout Remover I just got. Now if only this damn Wisconsin weather would warm up.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mike, great video!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by jdubs View Post

Mike,

Thanks again for the excellent video.
    Thank you sir...

Quote Originally Posted by jdubs View Post

My eyes opened when you talked about the "Aggressive" method. Makes so much sense and will definitely save me some time.

Just one tiny thing I teach in all my Competition Ready Detailing Classes.

Post Thanks / Like

Co-worker just asked me how I wash my car. Rather than going through the whole process, I'm just going to have him watch this video!

Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12