autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Filling Capabilities With Cquartz Or Gloss Coat

Hi AG Im getting ready to jump on the coating level but just had a few questions. The car is a daily driver and has swirls, these will be polished away then sealed with a coating however it comes to the question how are people filling the light swirls you see in cars. After about 6- months of daily driving my car it was corrected and light swirls are starting to show up. No where near as bad as before however you can see them and only if your in the sun at the right angle. Something a finishing polish should clean right up.

However now comes to the question, I was using sealants then maintaining with spray wax. While not necessarily trying to fill in these defects, these products do a great job on hiding some defects while providing protection.

With a coating would I be able to use my sealants as routing maintenance?

I was thinking manning gloss coat with optiseal and reload with cquartz and I dont know how well they fill as wash induced swirls will occur over time.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Filling Capabilities With Cquartz Or Gloss Coat

[QUOTE=k20trick;1459863]Hi AG Im getting ready to jump on the coating level but just had a few questions. The car is a daily driver and has swirls, these will be polished away then sealed with a coating however it comes to the question how are people filling the light swirls you see in cars. After about 6- months of daily driving my car it was corrected and light swirls are starting to show up. No where near as bad as before however you can see them and only if your in the sun at the right angle. Something a finishing polish should clean right up.

However now comes to the question, I was using sealants then maintaining with spray wax. While not necessarily trying to fill in these defects, these products do a great job on hiding some defects while providing protection.

I was thinking manning gloss coat with optiseal and reload with cquartz and I dont know how well they fill as wash induced swirls will occur over time.[/QUOTE

"CQuartz Essence Plus was made for this very reason. It has no abrasives, so it will not remove the base coating. It does have SIo2 and durable resins to fill micro scratches."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k20trick View Post
    Hi AG Im getting ready to jump on the coating level but just had a few questions. The car is a daily driver and has swirls, these will be polished away then sealed with a coating however it comes to the question how are people filling the light swirls you see in cars. After about 6- months of daily driving my car it was corrected and light swirls are starting to show up. No where near as bad as before however you can see them and only if your in the sun at the right angle. Something a finishing polish should clean right up.

I was thinking manning gloss coat with optiseal and reload with cquartz and I dont know how well they fill as wash induced swirls will occur over time.
    You can still use them if you like.

I would lean towards your maintenance mentioned depending on which coating is used.

If you wash properly it's not as big of a deal with swirls. Gloss Coat does pretty good with wash induced marring. Opti-seal works well with it. I'd add ONR into your wash regiment as that is safer in terms of lubrication compared to soap and water.

From what I have seen, reload does a nice job to fill.

As previously mentioned essence plus fills in but it also deposits a layer of protection so one would be seeing the behavior of it. It does work well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    You can still use them if you like.

I would lean towards your maintenance mentioned depending on which coating is used.

If you wash properly it's not as big of a deal with swirls. Gloss Coat does pretty good with wash induced marring. Opti-seal works well with it. I'd add ONR into your wash regiment as that is safer in terms of lubrication compared to soap and water.

From what I have seen, reload does a nice job to fill.

As previously mentioned essence plus fills in but it also deposits a layer of protection so one would be seeing the behavior of it. It does work well.
    Yes I have washed it properly but after six months I am see very light swirling in some areas where you would have to examine closely most of the areas still look pretty near darn good especially when the sun hits it. Unfortunately my car is a daily and I do like weekly rinse less washing. I know the less you touch the paint the less chances you have on swirling it up but im looking for a clean daily driven car.

I guess the real question would be once coated would something like using meguiars xpress wax as a drying on aid on routine maintenance have the same filling capabilities on top of the car?

Post Thanks / Like

Im running out of lsps and I think im gonna take the jump just one of those things you have to try out. Especially knowing that all we had back in the days was carnauba wax I want to see what this new technology is all about had used it on other parts of the car excluding paint until now.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I have washed it properly but after six months I am see very light swirling in some areas where you would have to examine closely most of the areas still look pretty near darn good especially when the sun hits it. Unfortunately my car is a daily and I do like weekly rinse less washing. I know the less you touch the paint the less chances you have on swirling it up but im looking for a clean daily driven car.

I guess the real question would be once coated would something like using meguiars xpress wax as a drying on aid on routine maintenance have the same filling capabilities on top of the car?
    What type of towels are you using?

I haven't noticed any wash induced marring on my dad's car that is gloss coated. I do wash it weekly with ONR and use the instant detailer as a drying aid. Been doing that for 7 months other than the decon wash I gave it at the 5 month mark. He daily drives it and it sits outside 24/7.

Same with my mom's car that has PBL V2 paint coating. I use the same process but I do see a couple spots of wash induced marring.

You can try D156 as a drying aid while you are removing your rinseless solution of the paint to see if that helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    What type of towels are you using?

I haven't noticed any wash induced marring on my dad's car that is gloss coated. I do wash it weekly with ONR and use the instant detailer as a drying aid. Been doing that for 7 months other than the decon wash I gave it at the 5 month mark. He daily drives it and it sits outside 24/7.

Same with my mom's car that has PBL V2 paint coating. I use the same process but I do see a couple spots of wash induced marring.

You can try D156 as a drying aid while you are removing your rinseless solution of the paint to see if that helps.
    I use made in korea towels similar to the cobra im not s sure if I can say the name here, and the dual pile microfiber for washing with onr. I use about 20 on my car and they go straight to the wash. I haven't lost one of these towels yet and they are still going strong after six months.

Most importantly even after a week the car gets a lot of contamination, I know to truly help with preventing swirls it'll probably be best to rinse most of the contamination prior to contacting with suds and mitt. Unfortunately it wastes a lot of water so I just try to stay on top of the car before it gets too dirty. My process is basically rinse less with one with new microfiber per panel and with generous amount of onr on the panel (no pressure on mf) ensuring all the contamination is captured then one spray of xpress and drying with different high pile korean made mf (again not sure if I can say the name here), but this towel never gets dirty if it is I'll reevaluate how Im capturing the dirt with the first mf and proceed with the rest of the car.

Im pretty sure I can do all this quicker reevaluating my process but some areas of my car have been corrected and I dont want to go back to the same bad habits.

Sealed with ultimate liquid wax every month or two. I love this wax my car was bird bombed and baked in the sun the whole day not one etching on any of the droppings. Either the birds were eating something less acidic that day or this sealer really did its job.

Post Thanks / Like

How about incorporating a pre-soak with ONR to aid in cleaning the paint. That may help.

ULW is a great product as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately my car is a daily and I do like weekly rinse less washing. I know the less you touch the paint the less chances you have on swirling it up but im looking for a clean daily driven car
    This is the key.

Post Thanks / Like

Three products you should consider. Car Pro Essence+ and to wash rinseless, or waterless Car Pro Ech20, and Reload. I am very very impressed with these three products and they work very well on other coatings than Car Pro. They are specifically designed for coated paint.

CarPro ECH2O Waterless Wash & Detail Spray 1 Liter

CarPro Essence PLUS

I have also been mixing in reload with Ech20 in my detail spray mix, I have to say the results are amazing. Mix the detailer at 2 oz Ech20, 2 oz reload, to 20 oz of water is the magic blend.

CarPro Reload Spray Sealant 1 Liter Refill

Essence Plus will make short work of you light swirls and extend the life of the coating as well. The other two product compliment the after care.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast