autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes LHR 21ES Bigfoot vs LHR21 MarkII

Quote Originally Posted by GoBison22 View Post
    Hi all,

Looking to buy a new polisher and I have come down to the Rupes LHR 21ES Bigfoot and the LHR21 Bigfoot MarkII. From what I have read, the only differences are the MarkII has the piece on the back of the polisher that allows you to set it upside down and it also has a more powerful motor (by 30%). With that being said, I'm only a weekend warrior/hobbyist, but looking to do more; should I get the LHR 21ES or spend the extra money and get the LHR21 MarkII?
    Being you are a hobbyist, stick with the 15. It will be more than enough and suit your needs. The 21 is good for larger panels.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes LHR 21ES Bigfoot vs LHR21 MarkII

Quote Originally Posted by GoBison22 View Post
    Hi all,

Looking to buy a new polisher and I have come down to the Rupes LHR 21ES Bigfoot and the LHR21 Bigfoot MarkII. From what I have read, the only differences are the MarkII has the piece on the back of the polisher that allows you to set it upside down and it also has a more powerful motor (by 30%). With that being said, I'm only a weekend warrior/hobbyist, but looking to do more; should I get the LHR 21ES or spend the extra money and get the LHR21 MarkII?
    Aside from the things you listed there is a rubberized grip on the underside of the Mark II head, the chassis is also redesigned for the new motor - its not outwardly obvious unless you look at a Mark II and an ES side by side, and even then its very subtle. The housing is a little more reinforced to deal with the increased torque levels. Essentially its like we beefed up the motor mounts which gives it a little different feel. Obviously with the increased motor output we remapped the electronics to put the sweet spot in the mid speed range (3-4) to give you speed 5 and 6 as your "NEED MORE POWERRRRRRRRRR!!!!" levels.

That being said - like someone else pointed out, the 15 is the better detailing tool and for an enthusiast the ES tools still are more than adequate. When you're only polishing your car a handful of times and not doing work for others the added benefit of the Mark II isn't going to be realized. It really starts to benefit someone who does a lot of polishing and stands to save time with the increased power.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12