autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Dr. Beasley's Glass IQ: Review + longevity test results

Hey everyone, I wanted to test this product and post the results for anyone who's interested in checking it out.

I'll be testing it out 50/50 on both my windshield and rear window.
    I started off by cleaning the glass with Megs D114 and a fresh clean waffle weave towel. Next I sprayed more D114 and used a clay towel to decontaminate and ensure a clean smooth surface.

Taped down the middle, and layed down a fresh clean towel to cover up the other half of the glass and sprayed about 10-12 pumps directly onto the glass.

I let it sit for about 20-30 seconds and slowly wiped it across the glass with a brand new [freshly washed] short nap microfiber, flipping to a clean side for the final wipe.

It didn't seem like anything special had just taken place, so I applied a second coating to ensure proper coverage...

Same for the rear glass. 2 full applications, back to back.

The description of Dr. Beasley's Glass IQ states that you'll have never seen your glass this clear and shiny, etc... My honest initial impression is I can't see a difference between both sides. I can't even see where the tape line was... I guess it goes to show that clean glass is clean glass, and it's not going to somehow leap above clean glass.

But the real test is whether or not it'll repel dust & dirt and stay cleaner than the other half of the glass. I plan to leave the glass untouched and provide updates. Thanks for reading.

Sent from my iPhone

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dr. Beasley's Glass IQ: Review + longevity test results

Nice review! Thanks for sharing. Also keep us updated on the product too please

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for taking the time to share! Also your honesty is greatly appreciated. I've been curious about glass coatings, but just haven't been able to pull the trigger on something that costs so much just to have the wipers grind it off. (Up here with weather, wipers are an inevitability. )

Looking forward to the updates!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sicoupe View Post
    Nice review! Thanks for sharing. Also keep us updated on the product too please
    Yup, you can count on it. I plan to do more tests with it.

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to share! Also your honesty is greatly appreciated. I've been curious about glass coatings, but just haven't been able to pull the trigger on something that costs so much just to have the wipers grind it off. (Up here with weather, wipers are an inevitability. )

Looking forward to the updates!
    I've always felt the same way. These dang sales lead you to stuff you never thought you'd wind up with sometimes.Dr. Beasley's Glass IQ: Review + longevity test resultslol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing this review. Looking forward to updates once it rains.

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    Coating your windshield with a true nano-ceramic coating makes a huge difference when driving in foul weather. This one from Dr. B's is a glass cleaner with an added glass sealant. I've used a few others like this and have never been impressed by their water repellant claims.

If you are interested in coating, I would however highly suggest picking a coating up like McKee's for $35. Get the one labeled for paint and use it on your whole car. Now this is just my own assumption and I have no evidence to back this claim up but- flame suit on - I'm fairly certain there is no chemical difference between McKee's paint, glass, or wheel coating. It's the same product in different bottles.

Post Thanks / Like

Day 1: I guess Dr. Beasley's definition of "anti fog" doesn't include the kind we get in the morning.Dr. Beasley's Glass IQ: Review + longevity test results

So far both sides look identical...

Quote Originally Posted by Angus View Post
    Thanks for sharing this review. Looking forward to updates once it rains.
    Forecast says it's gonna rain on Tues.-Wed.☔️

Post Thanks / Like

Dr. Beasley's Glass IQ: Review + longevity test results

Quote Originally Posted by Angus View Post
    If you are interested in coating, I would however highly suggest picking a coating up like McKee's for $35. Get the one labeled for paint and use it on your whole car. Now this is just my own assumption and I have no evidence to back this claim up but- flame suit on - I'm fairly certain there is no chemical difference between McKee's paint, glass, or wheel coating. It's the same product in different bottles.
    I tried Mckee's Paint Coating prior to this.. It did absolutely nothing on the glass. Lol.
    I tried it twice in fact, second time I prepped with the Coating Prep Polish. I did everything but throw in a little prayer... Still nothing happened. Lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I tried Mckee's Paint Coating prior to this.. It did absolutely nothing on the glass. Lol.
    I tried it twice in fact, second time I prepped with the Coating Prep Polish. I did everything but throw in a little prayer... Still nothing happened. Lol.
    No kidding? Wow.

Post Thanks / Like

Hope it works better than another product they offer. I watched "Glass Serum" disappear right before my eyes during a rain storm. Beading water flying off the glass. Then a few minutes later there was just sheets of water on my glass. I bet CG butter wet wax would have held up longer.

Product Description:
    "This polymer based glass protectant is formulated to protect glass surfaces from pitting, etching, and scratching. It's ideal for protecting windows, mirrors, and any other glass surface on your vehicle. It also sheets water right off the surface for perfect visibility while driving in rain or snow. Buy now and never worry about scratching delicate glass surfaces again. Glass is actually full of microscopic hills and valleys, meaning that the surface is actually very rough, though you wouldn't know by just looking at it. Glass serum provides a layer of protection that fills in these tiny craters and makes the glass smoother. This means that when an abrasive rubs up against the protected surface friction is greatly reduced. This makes glass much more resistant to surface abrasions. Glass Serum doesn't just work on automotive glass. It's perfect for any and all glass surfaces. This means it's great for iPhone, iPad, android devices, and other electronics with touchscreens. It's also great for household furniture such as glass coffee tables. Glass Serum can be used on any silicon dioxide based surfaced such as glass, tile, porcelain, and other ceramics. Glass Serum is particularly useful because of its durability. The chemical bond created between the product and the surface is incredibly long lasting and can last for over a year."

https://www.carid.com/images/dr-beas...ing/g33d32.jpg

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast