autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: NEW SONAX Cut & Finish - Extreme Showcar Makeover - Removing Holograms using the FLEX 3401

After reading this post and a post on facebook a while back i decided i'd get a bottle when i ordered a DA. Finally got a chance tonight to play with a DA for the first time tonight, and i'm extremely impressed by Cut & Finish. First product i used was Meguiars D151 with an orange pad, and while it looked good it didn't correct enough for me(maybe i need to work it more). Moved onto Pinnacle compound with an orange pad again, and while it corrected good it was extremely dusty(too much product?). Finally decided to try the cut & finish, it was hot and humid here tonight with a few drops of rain so i had to be careful with how much product i used. Too much and it would sling and run everywhere. Once i figured that out it was game on. Took out 90%+ of the swirls and scratches on my Jeep, and going off the poor lighting(was after 10 by the time i got done) it looks very glossy with no haze.

For a beginner i'm very happy with it. It corrected well, seems to have finished out very nice, NO dust, and an extremely long working time. It makes me wonder if i could work it a little longer with more pressure and and take out the few swirls/scratches that are left. Can't wait to check it out in the sun tomorrow and see how well it turned out.
    Jimmy
    2014 F-250, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD, 2001 F-450, 1997 F-250

Post Thanks / Like

Re: NEW SONAX Cut & Finish - Extreme Showcar Makeover - Removing Holograms using the FLEX 3401

The before picture of that '65 Mustang inside the autogeek garage was so dull that I thought Whoever took those picture did a horrible job focusing the camera!

Then I realized, it was tru-biz hacked up paint from the body shop.

Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Sonax posted this video on their youtube channel for it.

4. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Mike Phillips

Ding dang....

I've buffed out enough cars and written enough write-ups for all these cars that I can no longer remember them all without the PICTURES!

I think I have write-ups for at least a half dozen or more 1965 Mustangs, (what this thread is for).

I just looked at the code for the pictures in the first page of this thread, here's the code,

autogeekonline.net/gallery/ watermark.php?file=109832

See in the code where it reads,

watermark.php?file=109832

That is a SCRIPT code to show pictures with the Autogeek water mark. A few weeks ago we moved the forum to a new more secure server. The process is NOT completed yet but I've been told our vB mechanic knows all the pictures, (thousands) have this script and are not showing up and they are working to implement the fix.

Me?

I hope they can fix it. I have 9+ years of hard work into typing, taking pictures, processing the pictures, uploading and inserting the pictures and they tell a story, complete a story and in the BIG PICTURE solve problems and lead to sales.

I do have 99.9% of all the pictures I've ever uploaded but it would take me months, maybe years to upload them, figure out where they go and the re-insert them.

So for now, the pictures for this thread and many more are simply missing.

Post Thanks / Like

Dang Mike that would suck. It’s bad enough that all the photobucket pics disappeared. I refer to your articles quite often for advice.

7. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh man....

We all lose if that doesn't get fixed.

9. Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post

Dang Mike that would suck. It’s bad enough that all the photobucket pics disappeared. I refer to your articles quite often for advice.

The Photobucket pictures disappearing was expected and known. I have at least 4-5 articles WARNING people NOT to use Photobucket to host their images. No one ever listened.

As for Autogeek's servers, I've been checking with our Admin and our vB Mechanic and I've been assured they are working on it.

I check my gallery every day and as of this morning - 99.9% of my pictures are still missing.

The only pictures that show up are the pictures I've uploaded since the switch to the new server and I've stopped uploading to our own gallery until the issue is fixed.

Here's the link to my gallery

Mike Phillips Gallery - AutogeekOnline Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post

Oh man....

We all lose if that doesn't get fixed.
    The company loses the most.... they paid for all the time I invested into taking pictures, processing pictures, uploading pictures, then adding ALL the words that explain what the pictures are telling us.

Fingers are crossed they get it fixed.

11. Likes dlc95, rlmccarty2000 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    There is a fix for that, on some browser platforms. I did it, and it worked for Chrome. Now, I make it even MORE of a habit to add things to my "notes" - Evernote is pretty good. Or printing to PDF can also work.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    There is a fix for that, on some browser platforms. I did it, and it worked for Chrome. Now, I make it even MORE of a habit to add things to my "notes" - Evernote is pretty good. Or printing to PDF can also work.
    I heard about that and have seen some pictures reappear. I never used Photobucket so I really never looked into it. Maybe the admin section could investigate the possibility of restoring the lost Photobucket photos?

Post Thanks / Like

All of this sounds like a baseline script for a new reality show, a tech driven thriller. I am on the edge of my chair waiting to see all the pictures!

Fingers crossed

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345