autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: question

Post Thanks / Like

question

alright so ive wondered this for awhile but havent found an answer for what i am not understanding. i see where people are charging 150-200 for a polish job. is this just for the polish portion does that not include the clay, wash, wax and whatever else you do?
    i always charge 150 for every vehicle and thats for compounding the vehicle. including the wash, clay, compound, sealant dress tires all that jaz, i guess im wondering are you guys adding the 30$ or whatever you charge for a wash and wax to the price or is that included with your compound price? also i got a vehicle i want to share with you all that i did on saturday. customer was so excited he wants me to start a business lol

Post Thanks / Like

Re: question

IMHO
    In St Pete area $150 should get wash & AIO and vacume, dust inside

Post Thanks / Like

$150-$200 in this area is typically all inclusive i.e. wash, decon, polish and LSP.

Post Thanks / Like

How many hours are you guys putting in for $150-$200? My least expensive job this year was $400 and that was wash, decon, light polish, sealant, tires and plastics dressed. Inside was vac'd, wiped down, dressed, and glass cleaned.

Remember one thing....you DO NOT want to be known as the guy who does awesome work for short money! It's very hard to get out of that rut!

Post Thanks / Like

WOW! You guys live in some money tight areas. My 1 step starts at $250 for sedans and coupes and goes up to $450 for an Escalade or Sequoia size vehicle
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pdqgp View Post
    WOW! You guys live in some money tight areas. My 1 step starts at $250 for sedans and coupes and goes up to $450 for an Escalade or Sequoia size vehicle
    Oh just stop... You're beginning to sound like that bigtimer from yesterday. Are you gonna demean us all now? Lol. J/k😄

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Oh just stop... You're beginning to sound like that bigtimer from yesterday. Are you gonna demean us all now? Lol. J/k��
    I charge $50 just for scheduling an appointment....what, you don't?

Seriously though, I had a first time client, who was referred by a regular client, who actually apologized for asking me to do the interior after he realized what I did for the paint. His words meant more to me than any monetary tip. Turned out that he owns a Viper that will be spending a few days in my shop very soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Just02896 View Post
    I charge $50 just for scheduling an appointment....what, you don't?

Seriously though, I had a first time client, who was referred by a regular client, who actually apologized for asking me to do the interior after he realized what I did for the paint. His words meant more to me than any monetary tip. Turned out that he owns a Viper that will be spending a few days in my shop very soon.
    I've had people who come pick up their car and say "oh you did the inside too"?!

I'm like "well yea"...
    They seem to feel a little bad, which leads to a nice tip.. But yea sort of similar experience

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I've had people who come pick up their car and say "oh you did the inside too"?!

I'm like "well yea"...
    They seem to feel a little bad, which leads to a nice tip.. But yea sort of similar experience
    Yep, it's nice when a client steps back to take it all in and truly appreciates an outcome that they never though possible. With that being said, I absolutely hate interior work! Lol! I've had my Mytee extractor for over 5 years and I think I may have used it 5-7 times. I LOVE working on paint though!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Just02896 View Post
    Yep, it's nice when a client steps back to take it all in and truly appreciates an outcome that they never though possible. With that being said, I absolutely hate interior work! Lol! I've had my Mytee extractor for over 5 years and I think I may have used it 5-7 times. I LOVE working on paint though!
    I'm with you on not enjoying interior work. Funny how a human being can trash an interior in a week yet mother nature can throw snow, sleet and rain at the outside and the filth comparison isn't even close......insides are most always much worse IMO.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast