autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Microfiber Pad(s) for Mark 2, LHR21.

@dlc95. Ok I'm a bit confused here.. OP mentions 6.5" Rupes Microfiber Pads made for the LHR 15. I do not see any 6.5" Rupes Microfiber Pads.

These are the ones he's talking about.. It says they're made to fit the LHR 15 which would actually make it a what? A 5.5" pad [outside diameter?] I assume an extra half inch based on the 3" Rupes Microfiber pads having a 3" velcro and fanning outside diameter of 3.5"
    Yet these pads say they're 6" pads on the description.

Rupes 150 mm (6 Inch) Blue Microfiber Cutting Pad

Then I see the description in the link you provided [the ones on backorder] and they're decribed as 6" pads that will fit perfectly onto the LHR 21 backing plate.. The picture shows an exact shape just like the other Rupes Microfiber Pads [fanning out pads] So how the heck can it be both an exact fit onto the 21 6" backing plate, and still manage to be just a 6" pad??

Am I trippin? Or is everyones description of things here wrong somehow? Lol. I ask you, because I consider you the master of all pads. But if anyone can explain this it would be nice.

Post Thanks / Like

The trick is to understand that the backing, and the face of the 4", and 6" microfiber pads are different. They're flared out probably for the sake of flexibility.

For some reason, they gave the mf pads for the 21 an almost exact outside diameter as the pads for the 15/12. The difference is the thickness - the pads for the 21 are thinner. The flaring - pads for the 21 have no flaring. The vents - the pads for the 21 have 16 vents instead of 8.

I don't know why, but I assume they have their reasons.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RFLCT View Post
    Matt - I bought the 21 mark ii a little while ago and I did a 2012 3 series... Check my profile for a video if you'd like. I bought hexlogic 6.5 and it came out good, but I have a feeling mf will work better. The foam is very difficult to blow out. I'm gonna check out the megs mf pads. Also think about getting the 5in backing plate. The same megs mf pads are made in 5in
    They also come in 6" Like "The Guz"mentioned earlier, the 3" has been discontinued.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    @dlc95. Ok I'm a bit confused here.. OP mentions 6.5" Rupes Microfiber Pads made for the LHR 15. I do not see any 6.5" Rupes Microfiber Pads.

These are the ones he's talking about.. It says they're made to fit the LHR 15 which would actually make it a what? A 5.5" pad [outside diameter?] I assume an extra half inch based on the 3" Rupes Microfiber pads having a 3" velcro and fanning outside diameter of 3.5"
    Yet these pads say they're 6" pads on the description.

Rupes 150 mm (6 Inch) Blue Microfiber Cutting Pad

Then I see the description in the link you provided [the ones on backorder] and they're decribed as 6" pads that will fit perfectly onto the LHR 21 backing plate.. The picture shows an exact shape just like the other Rupes Microfiber Pads [fanning out pads] So how the heck can it be both an exact fit onto the 21 6" backing plate, and still manage to be just a 6" pad??

Am I trippin? Or is everyones description of things here wrong somehow? Lol. I ask you, because I consider you the master of all pads. But if anyone can explain this it would be nice.

This was exactly my confusion.......
    Twisted Auto Detail
    Oklahoma City, OK. Mobile Detailing for the OKC Metro Area. 702-538-1848
    www.facebook.com/TwistedAutoDetail

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using 6" rupes mf pads for my 21 mk2 with 5 bp since megs got too hot. I have been using megs with my other Rupes polishers. Now i made center hole to my megs pads and i can use them on 21 too. They are nicer to use than Rupes because Rupes pads have so many holes that it is pita to prime them. Also i have had three Rupes mf pads to fly off from ny machine.

I also got 5.5 and 6.5 buff n shine orange mf pads with center hole and i think they are the best pads out of those three. So smooth, wont matte down easily, durable and cuts fast too.

Super Member coles_paint_correction's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't personally used the rupes tools at all yet, knock on wood lol.
    But from my experience on my boss g21, flex 3401, griots 6 converted to 4. The boss pad line up is quite good and really use the microfiber boss pads for
    bad paint/oxidized or just in bad shape. I recently just got the uro techs and will let you know how i like them.
    But i'd say go for the microfiber pads.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12