autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Made in China Vs made in Italy = 2 broken Boss 21

Background story ; I remember a year ago when the machine came out most critic were regarding the ''made in china'' aspect Vs. the made in italy Rupes. Well, since the GG6 had great reputation I swapped both Rupes 21es I had for 2x Boss21. Obviously, as a Canadian, my machine are only used approx. 8 month a year.. and since I'm alone, one machine is only used as a spare..

Well, fast forward 14 month ( with about only 8 month of use, so maybe like 7 month for one and 1 month for the other machine), both machines are DEAD. TALK ABOUT QUALITY lol ? I'm disgusted by the ultra-poor built quality of this machine. It should be sold for 170$. No where near the price of a Rupes machine.

Why did I make the change ? My rupes were going strong, but i liked the new rubber on the machine and wanted to believe that the Griot had boosted the power/torque of the machine. Wasn't expecting a piss-poor built quality and durability like that.

What broke ?
    - One machine snapped the shaft creating a dent on the roof of my friend's car. Yep, I had to call a paintless dent removal guy.. AWESOME ISN'T ? hen !! Never heard or saw that before !

- Next machine which is the spare one.. almost brand new.. it make a very high-pitch sound and the machine won't go higher than speed 3.5, it goes down but not higher than 3.5.. very useful.. so technically it still work but it's not usable.

Customer service experience ;

I must first start by saying I won contest from AG in the past, I was ordering like 10-20 times a year, always had AWESOME service, but in the last 12 month, I had to call 3 times out of 3 regarding my order. AG administration ; your customer service is going downward as heck.. watch out.

So I reached Griot Garage CC and they said it was possible to reach AG to receive a store credit instead of a replacement or a credit toward other griot's product. GOOD NEWS ( as I lost total faith and trust in this machine. I mean the freakin shaft snapped and caused paint damage !! I'm not going to use that machine around a Lamborghini .. lol!)

So i reach AG and after a few emails exchange I will copy the reply ;

I spoke to our management team in regards to this issue and unfortunately we are unable to issue any refunds or returns for these polishers as they are well past the guidelines as listed in our return/exchange policy. I have also looked over the emails exchanged between yourself and Tanya from Griots and it looks as though a credit from them was not approved and they merely suggested you contact the purchaser about a refund or exchange. I would suggest looking into the lifetime warranty option for these polishers.

To sum up ;

1) Made in china Vs. Made in Italy DO MATTERS
    2) AG CC aren't very cooperative although they are the seller, Basically I'm on my own.. Should've just bought the machine from griot directly then...
    A black 1990 Skyline GTR get a complete restoration : winner of AG' show and shine in 2010
    Facebook ; WaxxonSpa |||| website ; www.waxxon.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Made in China Vs made in Italy = 2 broken Boss 21

By browsing the forum a bit, i can see I'm not the only one getting poor durability ;

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ites-dust.html
    A black 1990 Skyline GTR get a complete restoration : winner of AG' show and shine in 2010

Post Thanks / Like

holy sh*t !!! SAME EXACT PROBLEM here...

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...-g21-fail.html

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Awaiting Visitors comments...time for some popcorn.

Post Thanks / Like

My G21 is still going strong!
    If it ever bites dust it'll be replaced by Mark2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cobraa View Post
    AG administration ; your customer service is going downward as heck.. watch out.
    AG customer service has been tops in my book, and they will do what whatever they can to accommodate within reason...

Quote Originally Posted by nothingface5384 View Post
    My G21 is still going strong!
    same here, i love mine!

Post Thanks / Like

following as I own a 15 and a 21

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I found this on the GG site.

THE BOSS G15 and G21 are covered under a Two Year Comprehensive Warranty that covers everything including normal wear items such as carbon brushes and backing plates. Outside of the Two Year Comprehensive Warranty the G15 and G21 are backed by our Lifetime Guarantee against manufacturer defects, faulty materials or workmanship.

Seems strange that no one is helping you out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanp Gas View Post
    I found this on the GG site.

THE BOSS G15 and G21 are covered under a Two Year Comprehensive Warranty that covers everything including normal wear items such as carbon brushes and backing plates. Outside of the Two Year Comprehensive Warranty the G15 and G21 are backed by our Lifetime Guarantee against manufacturer defects, faulty materials or workmanship.

Seems strange that no one is helping you out.
    He wants his money back which imho is unreasonable. They will replace the machine(s) under the warranty. He's expecting a refund.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Given the large number of GG products AG sells I'm very surprised they told you to Pound sand! Then again as companies branch out and grow larger, customer service usually goes downhill. I've been ordering from another well known supplier at tier 2 wholesale pricing which beats AG's best sales pricing. Best part is that they are located one state over so I always get my supplies next day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast