autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

McKees 37 High Intensity APC or McKees 37 Total Interior Cleaner?

Is there some reason WHY? I would want to use the Total Interior Cleaner instead of the High Intensity APC for interior cleaning duties? It looks like if I dilute the APC it is safe for, and will work well for the interior while still offering the ability for a heavier APC for other uses sounds like a win win to me What says the experts.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: McKees 37 High Intensity APC or McKees 37 Total Interior Cleaner?

While I do like McKees Interior Cleaner you get a lot more bang for your buck and honestly better cleaning with Meguiar's APC diluted or that McKees APC if you want. I truly have been very very impressed with Meguiar's APC and Meguiar's Quick Detailer for my interior detailing needs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GOTURBACK View Post
    Is there some reason WHY? I would want to use the Total Interior Cleaner instead of the High Intensity APC for interior cleaning duties? It looks like if I dilute the APC it is safe for, and will work well for the interior while still offering the ability for a heavier APC for other uses sounds like a win win to me What says the experts.
    You nailed it. Hi-Intensity APC+ at 10:1 can clean everything including carpet, leather, and clear plastic gauges. Honestly, although not the best option, you could probably even use that dilution to get streak free windows. I use 10:1 paired with a magic eraser on painted surfaces to remove paint transfer prior to polishing. I also use it to clean wheels. All at the 10:1 dilution. I stopped mixing it at stronger dilutions because I use D108 Super Degreaser at 4:1 for Tires, wheel wells, and engine bays.

If you are looking for a cleaner for your personal vehicle that is truly safer than McKee's High Intensity APC+ then I'd HIGHLY recommend Blackfires Interior Cleaner. It is expensive but you could probably use it to wash your hands without it ever burning or drying them out. I could never justify having Mckee's Interior Cleaner as well as APC+ but Blackfire's interior cleaner is truly the safest/highest quality interior cleaner on the market and if I was an enthusiast it would be the only cleaner that would touch my interior.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advice guys, I included some Blackfire Interior Cleaner in my order this evening, is it a proper product for clear plastic gauges and display screen surfaces too? I am kind of a specific tool, or solution for a problem type of Guy not an AIO does it all type.

So mwoywod the McKee's high intensity would be good for many things but just could be a little harsh on the interior I take it? What you reccomend that I could use to prep exterior plastics ( grill, bed rail top, spoiler, headlights etc.) prior to application of DLux on my brand new Chevrolet Colorado an IPA dilution wipe down?

Quote Originally Posted by mwoywod View Post
    You nailed it. Hi-Intensity APC+ at 10:1 can clean everything including carpet, leather, and clear plastic gauges. Honestly, although not the best option, you could probably even use that dilution to get streak free windows. I use 10:1 paired with a magic eraser on painted surfaces to remove paint transfer prior to polishing. I also use it to clean wheels. All at the 10:1 dilution. I stopped mixing it at stronger dilutions because I use D108 Super Degreaser at 4:1 for Tires, wheel wells, and engine bays.

If you are looking for a cleaner for your personal vehicle that is truly safer than McKee's High Intensity APC+ then I'd HIGHLY recommend Blackfires Interior Cleaner. It is expensive but you could probably use it to wash your hands without it ever burning or drying them out. I could never justify having Mckee's Interior Cleaner as well as APC+ but Blackfire's interior cleaner is truly the safest/highest quality interior cleaner on the market and if I was an enthusiast it would be the only cleaner that would touch my interior.

Post Thanks / Like

FYI don't put anything on the gauges or nav screen.If you must use a very damp soft micro and pray it deosnt scratch.Do more blotting than a swipe.some cars are very easy to scratch that others.

Post Thanks / Like

37 High Intensity APC is what I mainly use for all interior surfaces but only at 10:1. I aways start with the speedo cluster and radio/nav center and a soft microfiber, flipping to a new side often. I used to use ONR for them.

It doesn't leave streaks on glossy plastics and does work well on glass. It does foam a little much, even at 10:1.

If I need a stronger cleaner for the rest of the areas, I'll use my citrus solvent cleaner which does streak if I don't follow it up with a wipe on glossy plastic.

Post Thanks / Like

I only use the McKee's total interior cleaner. I like the idea of a product that I know is truly safe for all interior surfaces. Not to say APC can't be but if it too strong of a dilution I hate to find out the hard way. I will use APC on stubborn areas when needed but the total interior has served me great all season long this year.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection