I had a really strange experience with these products today. I've always applied these with extremely soft 100% cotton. And I use very light pressure when working on clear plastics. For removal I'll use a plush microfiber, also with light pressure.

Well, today I thought I'd try it with 8" x 8" lens cleaning cloths. When I put the 17 onto the cloth, the product completely separated. Via wicking action, a liquid portion rapidly expanded outward, while solids separated out and stayed in a clumpy mass right where I poured/squirted the product. It was like little globs of bentonite clay (if you know what that is).

At that point I started to play. And I noticed that I could actually fill scratches on the instrument panel with the solids. It smeared on with kind of a greasy smudge. Then with light pressure, I'd remove the smudge with microfiber. Like magic, scratches gone. I'm now convinced of the presence of some super fine abraiding ability here. Not enough to instill scratches (if anything, the applicator might), but it does feel abrasive. I'm also convinced of a filling ability, as well. It was difficult to tell where abraiding ended and filling began. It really felt like a combination of the two.

And to be honest, it really felt like the 10 and 17 were both doing exactly the same thing. Haha and they both felt very similar to PlastX but not as aggressive (but we already knew that). I also used PlastX, which I've used before, but not in the same session. I just pulled it out today for comparison.

I love these products, and when I switched back to cotton, it worked just like I'm used to. But there was something about the lens cloths that didn't play well!

Much fun. And in the end, no more scratches in my dash panel.