autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

McKees 37 Coating vs PBL Diamond Surface Coating vs PBL Diamond Paint Coating

I did a quick search and didn't find quite what I was looking for, a comparison between McKees 37 coating versus PBL Diamond Surface Coating versus PBL Diamond Paint Coating.

Life took a turn so I've been out of the detailing scene for several years to the point even my own vehicles have been neglected. Yes, I have deliberately driven through automated car washes numerous times...

Although I have no plans in returning to detailing commercially, I do want to take better care of my cars. That said, I've been reading up on coatings and the great benefits they offer. I'm torn between the three coatings mentioned above, and wife permitting would like to order today with the 24-hour sale discount. The coating will be applied to a blue Ford Explorer and black F-250, both with metallic flakes. Any recommendations on which may be a better fit? Also, can someone explain to me the difference between the two PBL coatings? It seems the surface coating can be applied on almost any surface whereas the paint coating is strictly for paint, i.e. no wheels or glass. Is this accurate? Thank you!

Glad to be back!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: McKees 37 Coating vs PBL Diamond Surface Coating vs PBL Diamond Paint Coating

Subscribed
    MK7 GTI (stage 3-500whp) / Audi B8.5 S4 (dual pulley-430awhp) / Mercedes C43 AMG (JB4-380awhp)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: McKees 37 Coating vs PBL Diamond Surface Coating vs PBL Diamond Paint Coating

Yes you are correct. The difference between PBL paint and surface, beyond what you mentioned, is supposedly PAINT is a bit thicker coating once applied.

You'll get the most for your $ with either the McKees or PBL surface. . They are very similar. You will want to get either lines surface cleansing polish. There have been quite a few coating info threads recently with good info and tips.

I coated my car with PBL surface recently and it went well. The prep work was the most important/hardest.

Post Thanks / Like

I highlighted some key things on both

McKee's 37

Paint Coating, nano paint sealant, ceramic paint coating, nano paint coating

McKee's 37 Paint Coating is a nano-glass ceramic coating that provides paint protection measured in years, not months. Formulated using nano-glass ceramic particles and state-of-the-art cross-linking polymers, McKee's 37 Paint Coating creates a hard-as-nails protective barrier and a glass-like, liquid shine. The self-cleaning effect created by the immense amount of surface tension keeps your paint looking its best in between regular washes. McKee's 37 Paint Coating is exceptionally easy to apply – no lengthy instructions to memorize!

What if we told you that two-year paint protection is as easy as a spray, a wipe and a quick buff? McKee's 37 Paint Coating is that product – it truly is the most user-friendly paint coating the world has ever seen. Lengthy preparation and years of experience are not required to properly apply McKee's 37 Paint Coating; simply spray, wipe, buff, and you’re finished! The day of a paint coating that’s easy to apply is finally upon us!

While a conventional car wax or paint sealant wears off after a couple months, McKee's 37 Paint Coating forms a much stronger, harder bond that can withstand the elements to a much greater degree. McKee's 37 Paint Coating is resistant to alkaline cleaners, degreasers and harsh detergents. Removing McKee's 37 Paint Coating without physically abrading it is virtually impossible.

McKee's 37 Paint Coating is comprised of nano-glass ceramic particles and state-of-the-art cross-linking polymers. As soon as these nano-glass ceramic particles make contact with your paint, they begin to fill in light swirls, pits, and pores to make the surface perfectly smooth, preventing dirt, water, oil and anything else from adhering. Vehicles that are coated with McKee's 37 Paint Coating will exhibit a highly-reflective, glass-like shine that will last up to two years!

The durable shell of protection provided by McKee's 37 Paint Coating is harder than factory clear coat, making your paint less susceptible to scratches, wash-induced swirl marks, etchings caused by bird droppings and water spots caused by hard water . Best of all, this high-gloss coating is anti-static.

McKee's 37 Paint Coating provides incredible water sheeting abilities. Thanks to the immense amount of surface tension created by the nano-glass ceramic particles, water will bead up and roll right off the surface, taking dirt and anything else with it. McKee's 37 Paint Coating is guaranteed to keep your vehicle cleaner than any other wax, sealant or coating available.

McKee's 37 Paint Coating continues the tradition of value set forth by other car care products that bear the black and gold McKee's 37 shield of quality. McKee's 37 Paint Coating is only available in a 4 ounce container, making it an exceptional value in a crowded market where the typical paint coating is packaged in milliliters, or even CCs! A single 4 ounce bottle of McKee's 37 Paint Coating is enough to protect 4-5 full size vehicles!

PBL V2

Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Paint Coating

Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Paint Coating is a ceramic coating that creates an extremely glossy, impenetrable layer of protection on your vehicle’s paint. Formulated using the most advanced nano-glass ceramic particles available in a paint coating, Diamond Paint Coating shields your vehicle against UV rays, airborne contaminants, dirt, acid rain, road salt, and other common pollutants that attack your vehicle on a regular basis. Spray and wipe application lasts up to 3 years!

Black Label Diamond Paint Coating is going to forever change the way you look at car care and detailing. Formulated using ingredients that were previously unheard of in a car wax or paint sealant, Diamond Paint Coating blankets your vehicle in a hardened glass membrane that resists dirt accumulation and surface staining. The barrier of protection has a heat tolerance higher than any conventional wax or sealant, making it the obvious choice for the perfectionist that demands the best protection for their vehicle.

Black Label Diamond Paint Coating and the glassy shine that it creates lasts up to 3 years. This state-of-the-art paint coating was designed to deliver a show-car shine in a simple spray and wipe application. Diamond Paint Coating is actually easier to apply than your favorite carnauba paste wax! What’s more, a single 4 ounce bottle is enough to coat up to 5 vehicles!

Black Label Diamond Paint Coating with its nano-glass formula is resistant to alkaline cleaners, degreasers, and harsh detergents. Compared to your clear coat, Diamond Paint Coating is more resistant to scratches and marring. The nano-glass formula forms such a hard shell of protection that virtually nothing can penetrate or stick to it, making your vehicle retain that just-detailed shine for years!

Another advantage to Black Label Diamond Paint Coating is the self-cleaning effect that it provides. The nano-glass formula fills in the microscopic pits, pores, and valleys of your vehicle’s paint, creating a perfectly smooth, flat surface. Dirt and road grime will be removed with virtually no effort, making your vehicle easier to clean and maintain.

Surface care products that bear the Pinnacle name are expected to outshine anything else available, and Diamond Paint Coating is no exception. After being treated, vehicles will look as though molten glass was poured over them creating the appearance of a silky, glass-like shine that causes light to reflect, not refract. Diamond Paint Coating can be topped with your favorite carnauba wax, like Pinnacle Souveran, to add a warm carnauba glow.

Black Label Diamond Paint Coating should only be applied to vehicles that have first been polished with Black Label Surface Cleansing Polish. This step is crucial as it removes contaminants, oils, and fillers that would otherwise prevent the coating from bonding. Once that is completed, application of Diamond Paint Coating is as simple as spraying on and evenly distributing with a foam applicator. Wait 24 hours before topping with your favorite carnauba paste wax. Use Black Label Diamond Coating Shampoo to rejuvenate the shine and water beading.
    PBL Surface

Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Surface Coating, paint coating, nano glass paint coating

Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Surface Coating is a ceramic coating that creates an extremely glossy, impermeable layer of protection on your vehicle’s paint, glass, and wheels. Formulated using the most concentrated blend of nano-glass ceramic particles available in a coating, Diamond Surface Coating shields your vehicle against UV rays, airborne contaminants, acid rain, road salt and other common pollutants that plague a daily driver. Spray and wipe application only takes minutes to apply and the protection lasts years!

Black Label Diamond Surface Coating is the most advanced coating the world has ever seen. Diamond Surface Coating provides the best protection possible on multiple surfaces, including paint, glass, and wheels. Treated surfaces will be well protected against the harmful effects of nature that daily drivers are exposed to, while exhibiting a shine that can only be attributed to a product bearing the Pinnacle name.

Hyper-concentrated formula means a single 8 ounce bottle will completely coat up to 25 vehicles!

Use Diamond Surface Coating on all hard exterior surfaces, including paint, wheels, glass, and chrome! Diamond Surface Coating forms a hardened glass membrane that fills in the microscopic pits, pores, creating a perfectly smooth surface that dirt cannot adhere to.

Paint
    When used on painted surfaces, Diamond Surface Coating provides protection that lasts up to 3 years! As soon as you spray Diamond Surface Coating onto your vehicle’s paint, it begins to create a hardened glass membrane that is impenetrable to dirt and contaminants. The surface tension created by this hardened glass membrane is so immense that water beads up and rolls off as soon as it makes contact, taking dirt and grime with it. Your vehicle’s paint will exhibit an extremely glassy, liquid shine. What’s more, Diamond Surface Coating was formulated so it can be topped with your favorite Pinnacle paste wax.

Wheels
    Diamond Surface Coating is resistant to extreme temperatures, making it the perfect wheel coating for brake-dust laden sports cars. Use Diamond Surface Coating on the face of your wheels, between the spokes, and in the wheel barrel to protect against the harmful affects of ferrous (iron containing) brake-dust particles. Treated wheels will only require soap and water to clean. Application on this surface lasts up to two years.

Glass
    Use Diamond Surface Coating on exterior glass surfaces to create a super slick surface that rain, sleet, and snow cannot adhere to. Since the formula goes on crystal clear, you don’t have to worry about the streaks, smear, or haze that is normally associated with conventional oil-based glass sealants. The surface tension created by Diamond Surface Coating causes water to bead up and roll off at speeds in excess of 30 mph, rendering your windshield wipers virtually unnecessary. Treated surfaces can be easily cleaned using water alone. Application on this surface lasts up to 18 months..

Black Label Surface Coating replaces the need for 3 separate surface-specific coatings. Its unique formula was designed to bond to painted, metal, fiberglass, and silica-based surfaces. The hyper-concentrated formula will yield dozens of applications on each respective surface, making it an excellent value. As with other surface care products that bear the Pinnacle name, Diamond Surface Coating creates an extremely glossy shine that must be seen to believe.

Black Label Diamond Surface Coating should only be applied to vehicles that have first been polished with Black Label Surface Cleansing Polish. This step is crucial as it removes contaminants, oils, and fillers that would otherwise prevent the coating from bonding. Once that is completed, application of Diamond Surface Coating is as simple as spraying on and evenly distributing with a foam applicator. Wait 24 hours before topping with your favorite carnauba paste wax. Use Black Label Diamond Coating Shampoo to rejuvenate the shine and water beading.

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking the Mckees was for all surfaces like PBL surface. My bad.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I highlighted some key things on both
    Thank you for highlighting the differences, much appreciated!

I decided to purchase the McKee's 37 Coating kit. I'm looking forward to using it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pristine Image View Post
    Thank you for highlighting the differences, much appreciated!

I decided to purchase the McKee's 37 Coating kit. I'm looking forward to using it!
    Mine arrives Wed. and I'm hoping to have time this weekend to apply it to either one or both of our vehicles below. I did get the McKee's glass coating too and will likely put that on Wed. as prepping and get it on will be much easier. Paint wise, I want to hit both with some Menzerna SF4000 to remove their current LSP and insure they are ready to accept the paint coating.

I'll share my updates here soon.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Got my shipment of goodies today and took advantage of the weather prior to more raining coming in later tonight to wash up the S4 and use both the McKee's Glass and McKee's Paint coatings. Here are my initial thoughts on each.

McKee's Glass Coating:

I cleaned all my windows with 3D Eraser Gel and a scrap of microfiber towel. I actually used the 3D Eraser, rinsed the glass off good and hit them all a second time with the Eraser gel followed by a second rinse of course. Full Rinseless wash and then drying of course.

McKee's product is in a spray dispenser vs a bottle like Rain-X and some others. It goes on nicely with a clean foam applicator pad and seems to "flash" a bit like optimum or many coatings do. It doesn't however flash perfectly clear but rather does leave a film or haze that is then buffed off. Spray it on, spread it around and leave it to haze for 2 minutes. I did all the windows with one full coat and then buffed them in the same order. To insure even coverage I applied a second coat and then let it cure while I moved onto the paint.

Overall I really do like the way the product finished and it's quite noticeably smooth, slick and seems to be very hydrophobic...more so than others that I've used. However, I'm not about to pull my clean car outside to find out so that real-world test will have to wait for a while Just based on what I can feel and how the wipers glide over the glass, I'm pretty confident it will work well. Hopefully no shuttering or wiper chatter as that's not been an issue for me on this car prior.

McKee's Paint Coating:

Here too, prep is key. My car is in near perfect shape correction wise so I just had to run a quick white pad and some Menzerna SF4000 over it to clean off any residual LSP that was on it. After a quick polish, I wiped it down with a strong IPA mix via 480gsm MF towels.

Application wise I used the recommended Lake Country Coating applicator. I bought two so I can use a fresh one on the van when I come to that this weekend. Application is different than most coatings in that here too it's in spray form. If you've ever used Optimum Opti-Seal or Blackfire Crystal Seal it applies in a very simliar way. It goes on with a thicker feel though as the others seem very thin and fluid, the McKee's coating seems much denser, thicker doesn't go quite as far and flashes faster than the others.

I'm not sure why if it was the product, my paint or my technique or even the weather - warm but not too humid, but even spreading it on VERY thin, it wouldn't flash completely away but rather left some streaks or "high spots" that I had to buff away. I did one panel at a time and worked my way around the car. I did two complete coats and buffed off what I could then wiped it down with some Wolfgang Uber mixed up as detail spray which helped insure the surface was completely polished and all streaks or high spots were blended.

I can say it too is VERY hydrophobic and super slick. The Uber spray practically all rolled off even with when hit with a fine mist. Pretty cool to see that happen. Gloss wise however, I am proud to say that my car was always very clear, deep and shiny. Most everyone who saw it thought it was already coated as it was candy-like in appearance. That said, it was evening and getting dark, so I didn't necessarily see much difference in appearance with the coating even on a 50/50 panel. I'll look at it more closely tomorrow when the sun is out though.

I'm not a coating guy and bought this by accident and decided to keep it and try it out. Overall, perhaps not the best person to review the product but as the days go one I'll give it my best to come back and update my thoughts. I'm happy tonight and not at all displeased. Given the original gloss/shine and depth of my car before, I'm not sure I really expected it to "candy-up" much more but I wasn't sure. Overall the test for me will be how it holds up in terms of gloss as the weather worsens, washes go by and my continued use of it as a daily driver how dust and dirt adhere to it. Hopefully dusting will be less.
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pdqgp View Post
    I did one panel at a time and worked my way around the car. I did two complete coats and buffed off what I could then wiped it down with some Wolfgang Uber mixed up as detail spray which helped insure the surface was completely polished and all streaks or high spots were blended.
    Did you wait long between coats?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Did you wait long between coats?
    about one hour. maybe a bit more.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast