autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Rupes Micro Fiber pad fly off

Valk maybe just get an original blue plate and use that

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MTCarNut View Post
    Not doubting your problem, but if this were a wide-spread issue with Rupes pads you would think we would be hearing about it on this forum and others. Yours is the first time I've heard the complaint of a pad failing within minutes of first use.
    Could be a bad overseas source? The guy is in Europe, correct? Also, the number on the back leads me to believe that is used for a manufacturer code and date.

Post Thanks / Like

I am living in Thailand and not only me having this problem, several customers does, they just can't read and write english that well so you didn't see it here. We did switch the microfiber pads to use with other brand long-throw machine with better gripping backing plate, there is no spinning off from backing plate this time but the loop just came apart instead. I have read that from autogeek forrum and have thought that they already solved problem, seems not in my country.

Again, I have to say I am Rupes fanatics, and these microfiber pad and backing plate really have issues but I still love their cutting ability and finishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslair View Post
    Could be a bad overseas source? The guy is in Europe, correct? Also, the number on the back leads me to believe that is used for a manufacturer code and date.
    All of our plates are manufactured in Milan in the same factory, same batches, and literally thousands at the same time, so there wouldn't be any variance in location. A plate in Europe would be the same as a plate in Asia or the US. The number is a batch/date code, but they don't get lumped together in certain regions. 2 plates from the same batch could end up on completely opposite sides of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Valky View Post
    I am living in Thailand and not only me having this problem, several customers does, they just can't read and write english that well so you didn't see it here. We did switch the microfiber pads to use with other brand long-throw machine with better gripping backing plate, there is no spinning off from backing plate this time but the loop just came apart instead. I have read that from autogeek forrum and have thought that they already solved problem, seems not in my country.

Again, I have to say I am Rupes fanatics, and these microfiber pad and backing plate really have issues but I still love their cutting ability and finishing.
    Sorry Valky - from the US there isn't much I can do. Have you emailed the corporate offices for a local contact? info_rupes@rupes.it

Unfortunately, I haven't seen this issue to the degree you're describing it and as an agent of the US, on the forum for a US distributor I'm ill equipped to assist. Someone in Milan should be able to get you in touch with the most logical source for help.

Post Thanks / Like

Dylan, I know Marco very well and truely believe he can help. For now I just waiting the response from my local distributor. I am no hurry, whatever happen there still no tools work better for me than Rupes system, the whole system is a dream.

I love this microfiber pad so much that I am very regret can't using them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123