autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Advertising a car for sale okay at a Cars & Coffee Event?

Hi
    Cars and Coffee Irvine calls itself a cruise, but that's a bit of a misnomer. Other than filing in and (very occasionally) peeling out, there's no actual parade of cars. For enthusiasts, a "car cruise" refers to a specific type of event: a semi-impromptu, mostly spontaneous meet-up for which drivers pick a day to show off their wheels at a public space to anyone who shows up. The events can be one-offs or recurring. Then, just as quickly as they appear, everyone takes off until the next one.

The cruises stand apart from regular car shows and competitions with their lack of structure and formality. It helps if you know your CCs from your NOS, but no one will look down on you if you don't. There's no formal competition, no assigned parking, no club, no drama. For a weekly event, it's the kind of low-pressure, high-reward get-together that's perfect to foster a mini-society of fans and participants who show up when it's easy for them and who fall in love with the event all over again each time they attend.

It's a phenomenon that has existed in some form or another since cars themselves were invented, and its strongest roots can be found in Southern California, birthplace of basically every American car-culture trend ever. Orange County hosts multiple well-known cruises, with alliteration-loving names such as Donut Derelicts in Huntington Beach (for muscle cars and hot rods) and Bimmers and Bagels in Yorba Linda (BMWs). But the most famous one is Cars and Coffee Irvine, which ran nearly every Saturday from 7 to 9 in the morning since 2006. It became not only the largest--during the past year, around 1,000 cars showed up every week--but also the one that drew the most attention, getting coverage in all the major car magazines and blogs.

Post Thanks / Like

It depends, in hunt valley Maryland we have the largest event in the USA, it it not allowed by the property owner. I don't have a problem with it, but I would check with whoever runs it.

Post Thanks / Like

It's not until late August but I think the trans am nationals would be a good place to take the car to sell. If a really nice show, you'll get to meet some nice people and Pontiac nuts who might know someone interested. Best of luck.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I don't see a huge problem with it myself. As long as the owner isn't walking around with flyers or something their shouldn't be an issue. Who cares if there's a sign with someone's phone number in a window.

Post Thanks / Like

as a 12 year member over at ls1tech, it will sell if priced right
    Paul - 2010 Malibu

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12