autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy After Detailing vehicle issues. Steam cleaner

Please tell me this has happend to someone else! Me and my husband have been detailing vehicles for 3years now. Never had a serious complaint before until recently. I usually use a steam cleaner for cleaning carpets and hard to get to dirt and grim on everything else. Seriously love my steam cleaner too.

After detailing a ladies car I was putting my equipment away when her car went crazy with automatically locking/unlocking the doors all on its own over and over and over. After having the customer let her car sit overnight (thinking it was the steam) it stopped doing this.

Two days later my husband details her truck. Now her dash lights aren't working and headlights..... I'm either crazy and somehow did this or it was a pre existing problem and she is blaming me. Either way I think I'm screwed.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: After Detailing vehicle issues. Steam cleaner

I'm assuming you were cleaning the engine bay with the steam. Let the system dry out for a few days and everything should be ok. If not, I hope you had detailing insurance. I have to believe you did not do any major long term harm to the vehicle. Only time will tell.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx3078 View Post
    Please tell me this has happend to someone else! Me and my husband have been detailing vehicles for 3years now. Never had a serious complaint before until recently. I usually use a steam cleaner for cleaning carpets and hard to get to dirt and grim on everything else. Seriously love my steam cleaner too.

After detailing a ladies car I was putting my equipment away when her car went crazy with automatically locking/unlocking the doors all on its own over and over and over. After having the customer let her car sit overnight (thinking it was the steam) it stopped doing this.

Two days later my husband details her truck. Now her dash lights aren't working and headlights..... I'm either crazy and somehow did this or it was a pre existing problem and she is blaming me. Either way I think I'm screwed.
    I would of said maybe the key fob was the issue,but when you mentioned the lights that more than likely wasn't a potential promblem.Have you disconnect the battery yet and see if it will remedy the promblem.Did you wash the engine,if so maybe fuse box got wet.Hope for the best outcome for you.

Post Thanks / Like

Did it have a after market alarm?

Post Thanks / Like

My guess is too much steam near switches in the door panel and dash.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels