autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Meguiars ultimate compound/polish with lake country pads or hex logic pads

Hi all,

I want to try Meguiars ultimate compound and polish but only have lake country and hex logic pads for my DA. I was curious if any of you mix and match products such as these or would it be best if I go and buy Meguiars soft buff DA pads to correspond with the appropriate product. Also if it's best to get the Meguiars pads should I also get the Meguiars backing plate to go with the pads? If you guys think it would not affect the performance of the product by using the lake country or hex logic pads I was going to use the orange pad with the compound and the white pad for the polish. I am attempting to cut through heavy oxidation and polish for a clean nice no haze finish. Any input would be appreciated.

Sam,

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiars ultimate compound/polish with lake country pads or hex logic pads

I've used Ultimate Compound on green hex pads, and Ultimate Polish on blue hex pads for years now. One of my favorite combinations.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Delicate Touch Auto View Post
    Hi all,

I want to try Meguiars ultimate compound and polish but only have lake country and hex logic pads for my DA. I was curious if any of you mix and match products such as these or would it be best if I go and buy Meguiars soft buff DA pads to correspond with the appropriate product. Also if it's best to get the Meguiars pads should I also get the Meguiars backing plate to go with the pads? If you guys think it would not affect the performance of the product by using the lake country or hex logic pads I was going to use the orange pad with the compound and the white pad for the polish. I am attempting to cut through heavy oxidation and polish for a clean nice no haze finish. Any input would be appreciated.

Sam,

Greetings from Rainy Rhode Island. I am working on my black Buick Lesabre that needs some serious pain correction. I recently purchase some hex logic pads and some Lake country pads to use on my DA. The people I have talked to said there should not be much issue with the polish/pad combinations but, like you, im new to this polishing game so I am interested in seeing what the responses are.

I just got my Meguiar's M105 and M205 in the mail today. I keep hearing GREAT things about HD Speed as an All In One polish. Let me know your results sir!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Delicate Touch Auto View Post
    Hi all,

Sam,
    Welcome, Sam. You can definitely use pads from one manufacturer with a polish/wax/coating/sealant from a different manufacturer.... same with the backing plate.

Just be sure you use the pad with the amount of cut you want with the product you want to obtain the desired result.
    --Shagnat

Post Thanks / Like

Here here on that. Follow the manufacturers charts for pad and polish aggression. Been documenting some combos that really work trying to define my technique. So far narrowed down quite a few combos I use reguarly on my DD only.
    Crispy 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix DD, always clean (except today) Hobby Detailer