autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

My new Pressure Washer!! Pretty Stoked!!

I work at a motorcycle shop part time (www.schietsmotorsports.com) and figured id pick up one of the best pressure washers money can buy since i get it at a hell of a cost.

Yamaha PW3028 3000PSI
    https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/pr.../models/pw3028

CAT pump, all brass fittings, exactly what ive always wanted. The end it comes with will rotate to whatever spray pattern you want. Its very nice and you can feel the quality in this unit. Cant wait to get my Torq foam cannon hooked onto the end of it and start spraying!!!

IMG_2374 by ICEMAN TMCF, on Flickr

IMG_2381 by ICEMAN TMCF, on Flickr
    17 Tucson | 2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium PP | 89 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10

@TheRealPolisher on FaceBook | @green2kgt on IG

Post Thanks / Like

Re: My new Pressure Washer!! Pretty Stoked!!

Congrats on the purchase. I just watched a video and it looks really nice. The only problem I see is.....for a car, would be that it's gas and not electric. With the gas, you cannot simply put down the wand and wash individual wheels without turning it off and starting it up multiple times. Keep us posted.

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice, 2.8 GPM :O

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxMaster1 View Post
    Congrats on the purchase. I just watched a video and it looks really nice. The only problem I see is.....for a car, would be that it's gas and not electric. With the gas, you cannot simply put down the wand and wash individual wheels without turning it off and starting it up multiple times. Keep us posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe@NextLevelDetail View Post
    Nice, 2.8 GPM :O
    With how i have my routine set up, it shouldnt be an issue. Its a yamaha so even if i had to shut it off multiple times, i am not worried about the motor one bit. You're supposed to shut it off every time to remove something from the 1/4" quick connect (per the manual). so im supposed to shut it off every time i take off the foam cannon to put on the standard spray end.

Detailing isnt the only thing i bought it for. i bought it for many other uses as well!

One thing i really like is how it has the 800PSI nozzle on the rotating tip.

Post Thanks / Like

That rotating nozzle is cool. That spray wand looks like its built to serious use. 2.8 gallons per minute isn't far off my regular hose at full volume.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LEDetailing View Post
    That rotating nozzle is cool. That spray wand looks like its built to serious use. 2.8 gallons per minute isn't far off my regular hose at full volume.
    Ya i cant wait to get at it!!!! My little 2000 Watt Yamaha Generator has been a beast for the past 3 years for what ive put it through. Honda or Yamaha for me, when it comes to this type of equipment!!

Yamaha is giving an extra year warranty with these purchases so I have 4 years of a full warranty so thats nice. With 3.9% financing i didnt have to drop the entire amount right away,. i threw it on the card and put some down. This way i will only pay 10-20 bucks over the little bit of time til i pay it off. Figured why not. That way i drop around $700 all at once. lol.

Post Thanks / Like

well i finally used it and DAMN is it nice. The 800PSI nozzle is great when rinsing. Its nice to be able to quickly switch from a powerful spray to a lighter spray in a second. I need to adjust the foam ratio in the Torq Foam Cannon but it still worked great. Left it run the entire time except when i was done foaming i turned it off to remove the foam cannon to put the rotating nozzle on. It runs quiet when the pump isnt being used.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxMaster1 View Post
    I let it run the entire time. I have no issues doing it. Like i mention in a previous post, its a Yamaha, the motor is gonna last. Its built to run. Ive used it a few dozen times at least already on house and car projects and its amazing to have. Using it with the Torq foam cannon is awesome.

As i mention above as well, the 800psi spray nozzle is nice to have for delicate areas where you dont want a full spray nozzle. Yah you have to shut the machine off when you switch from the foam cannon back to the factory rotating spray nozzle, but thats it. Then you let it run til you're done washing.

This is my Yamaha set!

My Yamahas by ICEMAN TMCF, on Flickr

Post Thanks / Like

I love my pressure washer

10. Likes ICEMAN liked this post