autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Aquapel, What did I do wrong?

Update: I tried cleaning the window again, cleaning the old blades with IPA, and replacing the blades. Nothing has worked In fact the smearing is worse with new blades. I'm going to polish that Aquapel off as soon as I get time off and good weather.

Post Thanks / Like

Well that sure doesn't sound encouraging to go out and try Aquapel!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyrv View Post
    Well that sure doesn't sound encouraging to go out and try Aquapel!
    Yet it is the best windshield product out there. What happened to him, I do not know. But it certainly is not what the vast majority of clients (and installers) experience.

4. Likes DBAILEY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

it could be the paper towel didn't absorb the product when wiping off and more or less was smearing it around, which left you with that mess...

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you just used to many products. It's hard to get all the product residue off of glass without actually washing it off. I'm planning on using it but it will be after a pressure wash regardless of whether I clay or polish the glass first

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    it could be the paper towel didn't absorb the product when wiping off and more or less was smearing it around, which left you with that mess...
    But Aquapel themselves say use paper towels....

The windshield looked immaculate after application. It just smeared this film of tiny water beads any time I used the wipers.

Most people are very happy with the product. That's why I tried it in the 1st place. I think it is actually doing what is supposed to do. When I took my truck through a touchless wash the windshield looked like one of ceramic coating water beading videos. There is just something else here that makes it behave that way with my wipers.

Post Thanks / Like

Polish and reapply. This time buff off with a microfiber towel instead of a paper towel.

9. Likes VISITOR liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Something got wrong with the application. Some windshield is a PIA to get any water repellent products to work correct. Most cars that had have those problems was asian brands. And it's rare that it is so.

Where did you buy your aquapel was it from a not known vendor? There is copies of it that don't work that well out there. Get it from a big company like AGO.

If you are going with one more time use a strong ipa dilution last step before apply it. Let it breath for a good while. Shake the aquapel for a minute then apply it as you did. Remember to work quite fast and be certain to get it of. And work in a heated garage or over 50F. When you clean before applying spray the ipa in the mf towel so you don't get overspray. And wipe the wipers with ipa also through.

Maybe others can say what glass cleaner they use when they apply aquapel. That or the aquapel was a bad batch or you didnt work fast enough. Is what I can thought of got wrong for you. You can get that by it dries a little bit for you if you take your time to apply it. Pop it high in the middle of the windshield work it up and down then side to side. Go around and do the same thing to that side of the windshield. Directly buff it of from where you began. Have some mf towels with short nap beside you at least 2 wipe down or as much as needed and work fast and through. And if this still don't work for you then I think your windshield is the problem.

As you see others writing it works for most of the times so don't give up yet. Hope it be successfull next time!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Polish and reapply. This time buff off with a microfiber towel instead of a paper towel.
    and use the low nap side of the microfiber towel to buff off...

12. Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by suttonri View Post
    But Aquapel themselves say use paper towels....

The windshield looked immaculate after application. It just smeared this film of tiny water beads any time I used the wipers.

Most people are very happy with the product. That's why I tried it in the 1st place. I think it is actually doing what is supposed to do. When I took my truck through a touchless wash the windshield looked like one of ceramic coating water beading videos. There is just something else here that makes it behave that way with my wipers.
    I got the bosch wipers and they leave a streak of condensation on the windows in their wake. I don't know why but it disappears quick i really dont even notice it anymore

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12