autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Clay Bars on other websites (Ebay and Amazon)

Hiya fellas!

Please know that I AM NOT attempting in any imaginable way to detract from AutoGeek's amazing business and service - we all know and love it, and just last week alone I officially spent more than my home mortgage on their website!

However, something did just come up recently as I ran out of my usual Pinnacle Poly Clay, and I began wondering if the Clay Bars found on Ebay for around $5.25-6.00 a bar, or the Clay on Amazon for slightly more (where I ordered)... were worthy and 'as good.'

Basically, I purchased a couple hundred grams of Easy Clay's Blue-colored clay bars, and just got them in the mail today along with my Bissell Pro-Heat Auto Carpet Cleaner and other goodies (like a 4 gallon case of Hoover Deep Extract Carpet Cleaning Shampoo).

I have a couple questions:

1. Has anyone ever used these bars, I see another sort of 'dead' thread discussing Ebay-specific clay, but there wasn't a lot of user feedback there. Although, I have to assume and I think I might be right on the money, that the clay more often than not originates from Japan where it was invented I believe, so the technology and the materials are more than likely identical to the "brand name" types elsewhere and will work just fine.

2. Does anyone know if the Yellow, Blue, and Gray colors in the clay bars mean anything? I know that the colors represent aggressiveness elsewhere in the marketplace, but the seller's pages didn't mention anything about the softness or mildness of the bars, so they could simply be dyed various colors for no reason at all.

Any insight, feedback, and thoughts are MORE than welcomed
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Clay Bars on other websites (Ebay and Amazon)-2012-05-30-22-53-50-jpg  
    "Don't Drive Dull!"
    Carsmetic Rehabilitation Detailologist: Aesthetic Actualization

Post Thanks / Like
    I have tried two different bars including the 3M Hong Kong clay. They are nowhere near as good as auto magic. One reminded me of a hard modeling clay. It was very hard to ply and marred like no other. The 3M clay was just okay. It was sent to me by a forum member to review but it just felt apart as I was using it. It was bad. It worked,but I think the heat just destroyed it on the voyage over.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Clay Bars on other websites (Ebay and Amazon)

Quote Originally Posted by IOMCAMARO View Post
    I have tried two different bars including the 3M Hong Kong clay. They are nowhere near as good as auto magic. One reminded me of a hard modeling clay. It was very hard to ply and marred like no other. The 3M clay was just okay. It was sent to me by a forum member to review but it just felt apart as I was using it. It was bad. It worked,but I think the heat just destroyed it on the voyage over.
    So in your opinion, these are the best? Clay Magic detailing car clay and Auto Magic specialty products

Do you like fine, or medium grade? I want to find someone who has used the Easy Clay on Amazon, or the $5 clay on Ebay, hmmmmmm.
    "Don't Drive Dull!"

Post Thanks / Like

Also interested to know what this is like.

Plan on using the Finish Kare decontamination system on my car & heard results are great if you clay during the 2nd step but I don't want to use my brand new DP clay for that as apparently the FK eats it very quickly...

Post Thanks / Like

Blu Tack works best for me.
    Flex 3401 & PE14

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamic_Detailing View Post
    So in your opinion, these are the best? Clay Magic detailing car clay and Auto Magic specialty products

Do you like fine, or medium grade? I want to find someone who has used the Easy Clay on Amazon, or the $5 clay on Ebay, hmmmmmm.
    I personally like the ultima elastrofoam or meguiars smooth surface kit. These two combined can do anything I need them to do. I just picked up nano skin autoscrub pads and while they're nice I don't find them to be worth the price.

Post Thanks / Like

I still have a couple bars of the poly clay from Pinnacle but I really like the ones on amazon. Its a red clay that cost about 7 bucks shipped, used with ONR and no issues. I liked it much better than Mothers Clay.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamic_Detailing View Post
    Hiya fellas!

Please know that I AM NOT attempting in any imaginable way to detract from AutoGeek's amazing business and service - we all know and love it, and just last week alone I officially spent more than my home mortgage on their website!

However, something did just come up recently as I ran out of my usual Pinnacle Poly Clay, and I began wondering if the Clay Bars found on Ebay for around $5.25-6.00 a bar, or the Clay on Amazon for slightly more (where I ordered)... were worthy and 'as good.'

Basically, I purchased a couple hundred grams of Easy Clay's Blue-colored clay bars, and just got them in the mail today along with my Bissell Pro-Heat Auto Carpet Cleaner and other goodies (like a 4 gallon case of Hoover Deep Extract Carpet Cleaning Shampoo).

I have a couple questions:

1. Has anyone ever used these bars, I see another sort of 'dead' thread discussing Ebay-specific clay, but there wasn't a lot of user feedback there. Although, I have to assume and I think I might be right on the money, that the clay more often than not originates from Japan where it was invented I believe, so the technology and the materials are more than likely identical to the "brand name" types elsewhere and will work just fine.

2. Does anyone know if the Yellow, Blue, and Gray colors in the clay bars mean anything? I know that the colors represent aggressiveness elsewhere in the marketplace, but the seller's pages didn't mention anything about the softness or mildness of the bars, so they could simply be dyed various colors for no reason at all.

Any insight, feedback, and thoughts are MORE than welcomed
    More than home mortgage huh.... I was going through why my credit card bill was so high last 2 month... I spent close to $1k...but I should be good for the next 2 years....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbull2984 View Post
    More than home mortgage huh.... I was going through why my credit card bill was so high last 2 month... I spent close to $1k...but I should be good for the next 2 years....
    Key word here is "SHOULD" but I'd be willing to bet you won't make it before another order!
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." Lincoln's First Annual Message to Congress, December 3, 1861.

Newport, Oregon USA!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danube View Post
    Blu Tack works best for me.
    I'll google it, haven't ever heard of it, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by IOMCAMARO View Post
    I personally like the ultima elastrofoam or meguiars smooth surface kit. These two combined can do anything I need them to do. I just picked up nano skin autoscrub pads and while they're nice I don't find them to be worth the price.
    So far, I have LOVED everything I've tried by Ultima, and JUST got their Paint Guard Plus in the mail 24 hours ago! However, I've heard the Elastifoam causing some excessive marring and may be 'too' aggressive? What are your thoughts on this?

I still have a couple bars of the poly clay from Pinnacle but I really like the ones on amazon. Its a red clay that cost about 7 bucks shipped, used with ONR and no issues. I liked it much better than Mothers Clay.
    THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! Someone who has used the Amazon clay from a seller/company called "Easy Clay," awesome! I still have no idea whether their colors mean anything, yellow red and blue, but I ordered blue, so we'll see! $6-7 is so amazing.

Yeah, cough cough, I kind of have issues. I um... haven't even OPENED some of my previous GALLONS of product from my last order. I always feel guilty after spending so much money, on what amounts to making my car shiny. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckskincolt View Post
    Key word here is "SHOULD" but I'd be willing to bet you won't make it before another order!
    This reminds me to ask something... how long are detailing chemicals good for? I found some Mirror Glaze products from college, they are at least 6 or 7 years old, yikes, any good?
    "Don't Drive Dull!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast