autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Polish Angel Glasscoat Cosmic (Quick Take)

Quote Originally Posted by Knozzmoeking View Post
    Finally received my PA products and used the directions to detail a pearl white 2016 CR-V and a Blue Pearl 2016 Pilot this weekend.

Assessment on the CR-V: As mentioned by all who have used the products, application and removal could not be simpler. Used the BOSS G15 to apply the Invincible Primer to large areas and a foam applicator pad for the tight areas. Applied 2 coats of the Cosmic Angel with specified 45 minute rest between coats. Followed that up with Cosmic Spritz as directed. I'll try to get pictures later but results were very similar to the Nissan Rogue above. In direct sun, my wife commented that she had to shade her eyes against the reflection. VERY impressive results on a white car.

Assessment on the Pilot: Only one real difference here. PA has an option on their site to order the Cosmic Angel in a color specific formulation. They don't provide any information about the benefits, but I figured what the heck. Instead of a cloudy white color, the Cosmic Angel was blue. The wipeoff produced blue coloration on the microfiber.

All in all, my search for the products that will be used on my daily drivers is over. I plan to simply wash (probably Griot's Brilliant Wash) and use Cosmic Spritz as a "drying aid / coating enhancer".

As noted by others above, the amount of product used if you follow PA directions is very small. I would compare usage of the Cosmic Angel to the amount of Collinite 845 needed to coat the same car. A little goes a long way and the cost per application becomes very reasonable. I would expect the Cosmic Angel to last the life of both cars (which I plan to be a long time).
    Pictures to share?
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

Post Thanks / Like

Is there a stark difference between the Glasscoat Cosmic and the Vikingcoat? I've noticed glasscoat needs the primer, but not vikingcoat. Any other differences that you might know of that separates them? They offer similar protection periods as well.

I have PA in my wishlist for when funds become available - Especially after seeing its capabilities and custmsprty's posts.

Edit: Where are my manners. Great work btw!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by emmjaygti View Post
    Is there a stark difference between the Glasscoat Cosmic and the Vikingcoat? I've noticed glasscoat needs the primer, but not vikingcoat. Any other differences that you might know of that separates them? They offer similar protection periods as well.

I have PA in my wishlist for when funds become available - Especially after seeing its capabilities and custmsprty's posts.

Edit: Where are my manners. Great work btw!
    I *think* cosmic is "harder"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Knozzmoeking View Post
    Finally received my PA products and used the directions to detail a pearl white 2016 CR-V and a Blue Pearl 2016 Pilot this weekend.

Assessment on the CR-V: As mentioned by all who have used the products, application and removal could not be simpler. Used the BOSS G15 to apply the Invincible Primer to large areas and a foam applicator pad for the tight areas. Applied 2 coats of the Cosmic Angel with specified 45 minute rest between coats. Followed that up with Cosmic Spritz as directed. I'll try to get pictures later but results were very similar to the Nissan Rogue above. In direct sun, my wife commented that she had to shade her eyes against the reflection. VERY impressive results on a white car.

Assessment on the Pilot: Only one real difference here. PA has an option on their site to order the Cosmic Angel in a color specific formulation. They don't provide any information about the benefits, but I figured what the heck. Instead of a cloudy white color, the Cosmic Angel was blue. The wipeoff produced blue coloration on the microfiber.

All in all, my search for the products that will be used on my daily drivers is over. I plan to simply wash (probably Griot's Brilliant Wash) and use Cosmic Spritz as a "drying aid / coating enhancer".

As noted by others above, the amount of product used if you follow PA directions is very small. I would compare usage of the Cosmic Angel to the amount of Collinite 845 needed to coat the same car. A little goes a long way and the cost per application becomes very reasonable. I would expect the Cosmic Angel to last the life of both cars (which I plan to be a long time).

Great news!

Quote Originally Posted by klix58 View Post
    Justin, looks great and I used PA Viking with great ease of use and results
    Thank you!

Just finished up a black 2015 Escalade ESV with PA Glasscoat Cosmic.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRivFan View Post
    Pictures to share?
    Sorry it took so long. I must be taking pics that are too large to upload.
    Here is one of the hood after 2 coats of Cosmic Angel followed by Spritz.

Polish Angel Glasscoat Cosmic (Quick Take)-img_0091-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Great post. This stuff really intrigues me. Would anyone that's used it suggest the viking spritz or cosmic spritz for maint? Also, I'm assuming that a rinseless is fine with this, with a drying aid like UWW, and then maybe the spritz once a month?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BTLew81 View Post
    Great post. This stuff really intrigues me. Would anyone that's used it suggest the viking spritz or cosmic spritz for maint? Also, I'm assuming that a rinseless is fine with this, with a drying aid like UWW, and then maybe the spritz once a month?
    That's pretty much what I had in mind except that I will probably use the Spritz after each waterless wash with UWW+.

Post Thanks / Like

hows it holding up?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    hows it holding up?
    The front is OK but I think I was a little too aggressive with my application in the rear.

Polish Angel Glasscoat Cosmic (Quick Take)-img_0102-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Ouch!!
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast