autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Pad line

  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    91
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Pad line

    Been using thin pro foam and LOVE them so far

  2. #12
    Senior Member Desertnate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    St Louis metro (Illinois)
    Posts
    2,886
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Pad line

    Quote Originally Posted by jmeyers278 View Post
    Been using thin pro foam and LOVE them so far
    I started with Lake Country Flat Pads and am starting to move to the Thin Pro's. I really like them and they work much better on my DA.

    HOWEVER, I don't know if I'd go 100% Thin Pro's in my inventory. For concave/convex areas and those with strange shapes I'd still go with with a thicker pad like the Flat's or other similar pads since they have more give and will shape to the surface better. Save the thin pads for the flat surfaces.
    Save the Manuals!!

  3. Likes derass liked this post
  4. #13
    Senior Member BudgetPlan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    754
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Pad line

    For Flex 3401, LC Force pads, For Rupes, Rupes yellow pad is the most wonderful pad ever created. LC Hydrotechs work well on GG6, FLEX, and Rupes. For heavier needs, Megs Microfiber Cutting discs are great on GG6 and Rupes.

  5. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    213
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Pad line

    Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I started with Lake Country Flat Pads and am starting to move to the Thin Pro's. I really like them and they work much better on my DA.

    HOWEVER, I don't know if I'd go 100% Thin Pro's in my inventory. For concave/convex areas and those with strange shapes I'd still go with with a thicker pad like the Flat's or other similar pads since they have more give and will shape to the surface better. Save the thin pads for the flat surfaces.
    Do you find yourself switching between Flat's and Thin-Pro's for a given panel? I can see doing the roof, hood and doors of my sedan with Thin-Pro's. But I think the fenders, bumpers and trunk lid would need the Flat's.

  6. #15
    Senior Member Desertnate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    St Louis metro (Illinois)
    Posts
    2,886
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Pad line

    Quote Originally Posted by derass View Post
    Do you find yourself switching between Flat's and Thin-Pro's for a given panel? I can see doing the roof, hood and doors of my sedan with Thin-Pro's. But I think the fenders, bumpers and trunk lid would need the Flat's.
    It depends on the car and the shape of the panels. Any place that has a flat surface like doors, roof, and rear hatch I'll use the Thin Pro. Areas like fenders, the A-pillar/roof transitions, side mirrors, etc which have a shape or contour to them get the flats.

    Depending on the car, I could foresee swapping between the pads on the same panel. A good example is my GTI. Most of the door is nearly flat, but at the top there is a style line about 5~6" below the glass of the window which is actually concave. I'll use my Flats on that portion and then jump to a Thin Pro to do the rest of the door. Same with the A-pillar and the transition area where the door and roof meet which are convex and/or courved. I'll use a Thin Pro on the roof and then transition to a Flat for the A pillar and that transition area.
    Save the Manuals!!

  7. #16
    Senior Member Cruzscarwash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Desert of California
    Posts
    1,530
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Pad line

    ive been hooked on the BOSS pads as of late, I have flats, hydrotechs, rupes ( my least favorite) megs and so many more I really need to consolidate

  8. Likes VISITOR liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. The LINE ---> How to avoid the line!
    By Mike Phillips in forum Ask Mike Phillips your detailing questions!
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-01-2016, 01:57 AM
  2. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 01-21-2013, 09:00 PM
  3. New to Xmt line up.
    By Zipblu23 in forum Ask Mike Phillips your detailing questions!
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-21-2012, 09:01 PM
  4. Pinnacle XMT Line VS Poor Boys SSR Line
    By bigaizsosexy in forum Product Reviews
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-15-2011, 07:45 AM
  5. New Line...
    By Meghan in forum New Car Care Products
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-20-2008, 05:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» November 2017

293031 1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 12