autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31
  1. #21
    Senior Member Eldorado2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    6,205
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Review: Poorboy's World Spray & Rinse No Touch Wheel Cleaner

    Quote Originally Posted by sixsix View Post
    I dilute the poorboys stuff 4:1 too and it still works great. I've never used it straight.
    It doesn't say it can be diluted on the description. It says to use straight.
    Does it have dilution ratios on the label?

  2. #22
    Senior Member kb2ehj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Efland, NC
    Posts
    409
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Review: Poorboy's World Spray & Rinse No Touch Wheel Cleaner

    Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    It doesn't say it can be diluted on the description. It says to use straight.
    Does it have dilution ratios on the label?
    Nothing on the label.

    When I wrote the 'review' I didn't know WB could be diluted as I have never laid hands on the product. Might email the PB folks to see what their 'official' answer might be.
    Mark

  3. #23
    Senior Member Eldorado2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    6,205
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Review: Poorboy's World Spray & Rinse No Touch Wheel Cleaner

    Quote Originally Posted by kb2ehj View Post
    Nothing on the label.

    When I wrote the 'review' I didn't know WB could be diluted as I have never laid hands on the product. Might email the PB folks to see what their 'official' answer might be.
    Thanks for the reply.

  4. #24
    Senior Member kb2ehj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Efland, NC
    Posts
    409
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Review: Poorboy's World Spray & Rinse No Touch Wheel Cleaner

    Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Thanks for the reply.
    Your welcome - I just emailed PB, so we will see what they come back with.
    Mark

  5. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
  6. #25
    Senior Member FUNX650's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    18,432
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Review: Poorboy's World Spray & Rinse No Touch Wheel Cleaner

    Quote Originally Posted by kb2ehj View Post
    Per the manufacture - no, no harm should
    be done. I'm not really sure how acidic it
    really is. I'm going to check tomorrow if
    one of our labs have a ph meter so I can
    measure it.

    Quote Originally Posted by kb2ehj View Post
    PH of Poorboy's World Spray & Rinse No
    Touch Wheel Cleaner came in at 4.5.

    So less acidic then soda.
    Quote Originally Posted by bodidly View Post
    Just for reference - Megs Wheel Brightener
    at 4:1 is pH: 5.0
    It’s not always the pH value that determines
    acids’ dangerousness—often depicted as being:
    “weak vs strong”.

    ****************************************

    For example:
    ABF and HF acids contain Fluoride Ions.
    These present a serious biohazard that
    most other acids don't.

    Besides the recommended PPE...
    Please have some calcium gluconate gel
    on hand whenever handling products
    with these acids.


    Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

  7. #26
    Senior Member kb2ehj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Efland, NC
    Posts
    409
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Review: Poorboy's World Spray & Rinse No Touch Wheel Cleaner

    Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Thanks for the reply.
    Got a reply (very quickly actually) from PBW. You can in fact dilute the product 4:1 if necessary. Below is a copy of the conclusion to the email that was sent:

    "Long story short, Spray & Rinse should be used full strength for neglected wheels and is dilutable for well-maintained wheels. The dilution ratio may be customized by the customer depending on their specific levels of brake dust and wheel cleaning schedule." -Dwayne from PBW
    Mark

  8. #27
    Senior Member evo77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    233
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Review: Poorboy's World Spray & Rinse No Touch Wheel Cleaner

    Forgive me if I'm intruding on this thread with my own experience (I will gladly remove if requested):

    I used the PB no touch cleaner for the first time this weekend and all I have to say is WOW! I cannot believe this product isn't being discussed and heralded as the best wheel cleaner ever. I have never used any wheel cleaner that could literally remove dirt and grime by simply spraying on and rinsing off without physically hand agitating the surface. Literally touch free.

    Now mind you, her wheels are coated with CQUK and although a good strong power rinse will remove all surface dirt, road film will always remain. After spraying the wheels with PB and rinsing off with a power washer, they were squeaky clean. Running my finger in between the spokes and barrel revealed no dirt film on my finger! Pretty amazing stuff.

    I will try the recommended dilution next time to see how well it does. Sorry no pics but will try to snap some on the next one.

  9. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
  10. #28
    Senior Member kb2ehj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Efland, NC
    Posts
    409
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Review: Poorboy's World Spray & Rinse No Touch Wheel Cleaner

    Quote Originally Posted by evo77 View Post
    Forgive me if I'm intruding on this thread with my own experience (I will gladly remove if requested):

    I used the PB no touch cleaner for the first time this weekend and all I have to say is WOW! I cannot believe this product isn't being discussed and heralded as the best wheel cleaner ever. I have never used any wheel cleaner that could literally remove dirt and grime by simply spraying on and rinsing off without physically hand agitating the surface. Literally touch free.

    Now mind you, her wheels are coated with CQUK and although a good strong power rinse will remove all surface dirt, road film will always remain. After spraying the wheels with PB and rinsing off with a power washer, they were squeaky clean. Running my finger in between the spokes and barrel revealed no dirt film on my finger! Pretty amazing stuff.

    I will try the recommended dilution next time to see how well it does. Sorry no pics but will try to snap some on the next one.
    Glad to hear you had the same results!!
    Mark

  11. #29
    Member ChrisT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    88
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Review: Poorboy's World Spray & Rinse No Touch Wheel Cleaner

    I’ve seen two references in this thread for a 4:1 dilution formula, one each for the Poorboy’s and the Meg’s Wheel Brightener. My understanding of this type of ratio (fwiw) is (product:water). I’m assuming for purposes of the thread that it’s the reverse that’s being referenced? I ask because you know what is said about assuming.

    So is it 20% product and 80% water that is being suggested?

    2015 Infiniti Q60s Limited
    2017 Honda CTX700

  12. #30
    Senior Member Eldorado2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    6,205
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Review: Poorboy's World Spray & Rinse No Touch Wheel Cleaner

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisT View Post
    I’ve seen two references in this thread for a 4:1 dilution formula, one each for the Poorboy’s and the Meg’s Wheel Brightener. My understanding of this type of ratio (fwiw) is (product:water). I’m assuming for purposes of the thread that it’s the reverse that’s being referenced? I ask because you know what is said about assuming.

    So is it 20% product and 80% water that is being suggested?
    Correct, I dilute 25oz. of Wheel Brightener concentrate w/103oz. of water to make a RTU gallon of wheel cleaner. [per the directions on the label]


  13. Thanks ChrisT thanked for this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Poorboys World Spray and Rinse Wheel Cleaner
    By SYMAWD in forum Product Reviews
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-29-2016, 08:53 AM
  2. Review & How-To: Poorboy's World Tornado Pad Cleaner
    By Nick@McKees37 in forum New Car Care Products
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-04-2016, 01:28 AM
  3. Poorboy's World Spray and Rinse Product Demo
    By Pockets@PoorboysWorld in forum Products Guides
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-29-2013, 09:03 PM
  4. My Poorboy's Spray & Rinse review with pics!
    By Matt S. in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-24-2008, 09:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» November 2017

293031 1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 12