autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Best treatment for black vw jetta

My 2014 black Jetta has minor swirls caused by over aggressive buffer in body shop. What is best to remove and protect the finish

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best treatment for black vw jetta

Is this metallic paint? If so, it's probably the same paint as what's found on my '14 GTI and it's very hard.

To polish out the the holograms left by the body shop, you'll need a polish or swirl remover that works with harder German paint. I would start with either a finishing polish or mid-grade polish to see if you get the results you want before diving all the way to an aggressive compound. Also try a couple different grades of pads with those products as well to see what works.

I use the Blackfire SRC duo. The SRC Compound is actually more of a medium grade polish or swirl remover than it is a compound, and that's fine by me. I've found that using the SRC Compound on a white Lake Country Flat pad works really well on most swirls my car accumulates over time. I can get similar results with the SRC polish on an orange pad, but it doesn't work quite as quickly. Other product duo's which would work similarly (anyone: please feel free to correct me here...) would be Wolfgang's Swirl Remover and their Finishing Glaze, or Menzerna's 2400 and 3500 polishes.

As for LSP's, the door is wide open depending on what you're looking for and your budget. Just about any wax, sealant, or coating here will serve you well. It's all a matter or what you want.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Blackfire SRC Duo

Older Jetta I prepped with Blackfire for sale a few years ago.

2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Is this metallic paint? If so, it's probably the same paint as what's found on my '14 GTI and it's very hard.

To polish out the the holograms left by the body shop, you'll need a polish or swirl remover that works with harder German paint. I would start with either a finishing polish or mid-grade polish to see if you get the results you want before diving all the way to an aggressive compound. Also try a couple different grades of pads with those products as well to see what works.

I use the Blackfire SRC duo. The SRC Compound is actually more of a medium grade polish or swirl remover than it is a compound, and that's fine by me. I've found that using the SRC Compound on a white Lake Country Flat pad works really well on most swirls my car accumulates over time. I can get similar results with the SRC polish on an orange pad, but it doesn't work quite as quickly. Other product duo's which would work similarly (anyone: please feel free to correct me here...) would be Wolfgang's Swirl Remover and their Finishing Glaze, or Menzerna's 2400 and 3500 polishes.

As for LSP's, the door is wide open depending on what you're looking for and your budget. Just about any wax, sealant, or coating here will serve you well. It's all a matter or what you want.
    Are you finishing out LSP ready with the SRC compound and LC white pad on your GTI?
    Static & Mobile detailing in Minneapolis & St. Paul. http://www.detailedcreationsmpls.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Audios S6 View Post
    Are you finishing out LSP ready with the SRC compound and LC white pad on your GTI?
    Yes. It looks really good and no hazing. On occasion, I'll use the polish too, but I've not noticed much, if any improvement in shine. SRC Compound on a white pad has become a good one-step for me on my VW. It really isn't very aggressive compared to something like Menz's 400. In fact, on the Autopia chart, it slots in only slightly more agressive than Wolfgang Swirl Remover.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Nice. Already have both, so that will have to be a new combo to try
    Static & Mobile detailing in Minneapolis & St. Paul. http://www.detailedcreationsmpls.com/