autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes LK 900E Mille & LH 19E

Quote Originally Posted by kkritsilas View Post
    Having said all of that, please let us all know how you came to the conclusion that a polisher that as of yet, only exists as either a prototype, or in a lab in Germany, will be better or worse than any existing polisher (XC3401, PO500C, Mille, or any other geared rotation polisher)? Or is this just the "its a Rupes, so it is better than everything else" sort of statement?
    Ironically, I have no dog in this fight. I don't own a FLEX, RUPES or Makita. I've never used any one of them. All my insight is strictly through user reviews.

Of course, you yourself admit that the the Makita is slightly more powerful and smoother than the 3401. Which puts the 3401 automatically in second place, by some standards. The Mille might not be perfect but every report seems to say it's about as good as you can get, with some caveats. Which means it's certainly not relegated to second place.

Then there is the XCE. Well, we don't know jack about that because FLEX still haven't given us one after two sad years of marketing it. If they don't come through this time, it's safe to say it's not even in third place. It's a DNF. However, if they do drop one on the table and say it will be selling by the end of the month, it just might hold a place in the gear driven lineup. But by all first hand reports, it's not likely refined enough to be considered the smoothest or have the best ergonomics. Maybe the big improvement will be heat buildup suppressed to the level everyone else has been at for years.

I guess I was being generous when I said the XCE might hold second place. But who knows. Maybe I'll buy one this year. I will say that it's now or never. I'll have a forced rotation polisher by next spring. If FLEX has one out worth considering, I'll add it to the list. But I'm pretty sure the 3401 is already ruled out.

2. Thanks sorehands thanked for this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd@RUPES View Post
    Yessir.. to our knowledge we are the only company in the world that engineers and manufacturers our own motors - both high tech electric and pneumatic as well as the upcoming DC, backing plates (actually a very big deal when it comes to building sanders), pads, compounds, etc.

Not only has the integration allowed for very high levels of quality control (currently less than 1% warranty repair rates - unheard of for power tools) but it also gives us to ability to innovate freely.
    Todd,the label on the Mille states 250-560rpm as does the manual but the graph states 275-535rpm. I’m assuming the Mille spins as low as 250rpm and maxes out at 560rpm?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin47 View Post
    The LH19E Rotary which noone has asked about is a real gem, I find it odd that the PE-14 gets less spotlight time than the 3401 and the LH19E almost ignored with everyone only eager to know about the Mille. For the rotary and non rotary users, the LH19E is going to change the way you see rotaries. I can see other rotary polishers following suit.
    The mille looks so awkward though
    Im def interested in the upcomming rotary

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@ShineStruck View Post
    The mille looks so awkward though
    Im def interested in the upcomming rotary
    You will love it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    Mike is using one here at 8:28.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hQD1cBCm6Ok
    Mike is using one of the prototype XCE polishers which were shown at SEMA for the last two years. Whether this represents the actual polisher that is actually going to be released is a completely open question. This was my point regarding BrettS4's post putting the XCE in third place. As of right now, in the absence of any new information from Flex, or an actual available XCE, there is no way to say how it will compare. Could it be a dog? Yes. Could it be the best geared rotation polisher out there? Also yes. There is no way to know until either Flex releases more information, or an actual product. Could Flex screw up? Of course. But I would point out, as I have in a previous post, that the XFE prototypes had issues as well, and Flex fixed the mechanics and the cooling on the final, shipping units They may do a number of things on the XCE final units that are not in the prototypes, nobody knows (outside of Flex and some insiders like Mike, who are probably not at liberty to discuss this).

Judging a final unit by how a prototype works is really not going to help anything. The reason that prototypes are made is to find all the issues in a design, and correct them before a unit goes into volume production. I am sure that Flex putting the XCE prototypes into the hands of experienced detailers is not an accident, and want to get feedback and make improvements from that feedback. This is the same reason Makita had an engineering/prototype team at one of Mike's detailing classes years before the PO5000C was released.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkritsilas View Post
    Mike is using one of the prototype XCE polishers which were shown at SEMA for the last two years. Whether this represents the actual polisher that is actually going to be released is a completely open question. This was my point regarding Ronin47's post putting the XCE in third place. As of right now, in the absence of any new information from Flex, or an actual availabe XCE9, there is no way to say how it will compare. Could it be a dog? Yes. Could it be the best geared rotation polisher out there? Also yes. There is no way to know until either Flex releases more information, or an actual product.Could Flex screw up? Of course. But I would point out, as I have in a previous post, that the XFE prototypes had issues as well, and Flex fixed the mechanics and the cooling on the final, shipping units They may do a number of things on the XCE final units that are not in the prototypes, nobody knows (outside of Flex and some insiders like Mike, who are probably not at liberty to discuss this).

Judging a final unit by how a prototype works is really not going to help anything. The reason that prototypes are made is to find all the issues in a design, and correct them before a unit goes into volume production. I am sure that Flex putting the XCE prototypes into the hands of experienced detailers is not an accident, and want to get feedback and make improvements from that feedback. This is the same reason Makita had an engineering/prototype team at one of Mike's detailing classes years before the PO5000C was released.
    You are mistaken, I didn’t position any polishers into places.

Post Thanks / Like

Ronin47, my apology. I mis-attributed the positioning statement by BrettS4.

9. Likes Ronin47 liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joel1979 View Post
    I had Mille and sold it. While its a great machine, it doesnt correct as fast as MK2 bigfoots especially with microfiber pads.and.the new Rupes.woolpads.

Im interested of the new rotary but it puts me off that they didnt cover the front end with plastic. My guess is that when you do heavy duty correcting, it will get hot which makes it uncomfortable. Currently i have the Festool Rap 150.
    Joel, I’m finding this hard to believe. 4 paint corrections from soft, medium to hard paints with all the tools and the Mille is right up there with the MKII’s. I’m not even using heavy pressure infact same light pressure as the MKII’s and the Mille is a demon. I’m using speed 4 on all the tools,same pads and product. 4 different paints can’t be wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

The LH19E Rotary which noone has asked about is a real gem, I find it odd that the PE-14 gets less spotlight time than the 3401 and the LH19E almost ignored with everyone only eager to know about the Mille. For the rotary and non rotary users, the LH19E is going to change the way you see rotaries. I can see other rotary polishers following suit.
    I've got a PE14 and really like it. What the difference in the LH19E and the PE14? Both these machines have me interested. I just can't imagine enough difference in a rotary to make other manufacturers change their design.
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

Post Thanks / Like

Joel, I’m finding this hard to believe. 4 paint corrections from soft, medium to hard paints with all the tools and the Mille is right up there with the MKII’s. I’m not even using heavy pressure infact same light pressure as the MKII’s and the Mille is a demon. I’m using speed 4 on all the tools,same pads and product. 4 different paints can’t be wrong.
    Well my results were different. I did several tests on two different clearcoats. I polished p1500 and P2000 sanding marks. All the pro detailers here in Finland that i have talked, agrees with me. Its fantastic machine but i prefer long throws and rotary. It is definilately better than 3401. Also i dont like the fact that Mille doesnt perfrom well at all with microfiber pads. With the new Rupes woolpad i expected it to excel but it was bit restless and didnt cut like 15-21 did. Like i said, i have nano, duetto with 3" kamikaze, 15mk2, 21mk and Festool Shinex, Mille didnt bring anything for table and didnt live up to its expections.

I sure did love the external upgrades of Mille compared to MK2. Hopefully MK3 will get that speed dial, variable speed trigger and dual rubber rest. Oh and brushless motor

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast